Civil War: The Confession discussion (SPOILERS)

Re: Civil War: The Confession Preview

seems like cap still think he was in the right

and Tony is blaming all of this on king arthur

Last edited:

It's not that he found out he was wrong in CW #7, he just found out he was going about it the wrong way.

Yeah he said "Were not fighting to win the arguement, we're just fighting." I could of told him that months ago.

If this is as good as the Illuminati Bendis/Maleev one shot that kicked off Civil War, I will definitely consider the bookends of civil war superior to the actual miniseries...

I like how they're showing that Tony isn't a perfect leader. They are also rehumanizing him, which was pretty damn necessary at this point.

Also: Does anyone know if the Iron Man fighting Dr. Doom in Arthurian times actually happened in comics?

apperreantly, tony sometimes wears his new avengers armor
to get a little old school feeling

I liked the confession and the order they put the two parts in made it better.

Maybe read as a whole Civil War will be better.

Last edited:

I was liking this until the end. Steve has a big speech about the war and freedom and principals, and what is Tony's rebuttal? "Yeah, well you're a sore loser, Steve." I hate you, Bendis.

I was liking this until the end. Steve has a big speech about the war and freedom and principals, and what is Tony's rebuttal? "Yeah, well you're a sore loser, Steve." I hate you, Bendis.

Becouse it made Tony look like a jerk? or just seemed off?

cuz it did seem off

Still a good read

Ok...for serious....this was probably the best comic I've read so far this month. I don't know what that says about what else I'm reading and what else is out there. But this was damn good. DAMN good.

Maleev's art was masterful. There is no other word I can think of to describe it. Those panels of Tony/Cap's reflection in IronMan's helmet were beautiful. I'm thinking about scanning them and blowing one of them up to make a desktop.

I've always been on Tony's side for this whole Civil War issue. Not just in comics....but if this were real life and was happening in our world, I'd support him. This issue solidified my judgment.

The bottom line was that even though the whole thing was bum deal for everyone....Tony was right.

I think the only part of this I didn't like was Cap's perspective. I don't know why....but it just seemed to cheapen the issue. Then I reread the issue. It made sense and came off better the second time around. Tony admitting that it wasn't worth it in the end of the first part made more sense when I knew that Cap asked him earlier and Tony gave the sore loser comment.

I :heart: this issue.

Ok...for serious....this was probably the best comic I've read so far this month. I don't know what that says about what else I'm reading and what else is out there. But this was damn good. DAMN good.

Maleev's art was masterful. There is no other word I can think of to describe it. Those panels of Tony/Cap's reflection in IronMan's helmet were beautiful. I'm thinking about scanning them and blowing one of them up to make a desktop.

Bendis seems to step it up when he's working with Maleev.

I enjoyed this too...I agree with Proj that that last line was screwy but I didn't think it ruined the comic.

The stand alone issues have been some of the best issues of Civil War, and this one keeps up the track record.

It definitely seems true that Bendis writes better dialog than he does story, so this is where he shines. In a lot of ways, it was repeatative dialog, but it was still excellent. I'm hoping we get to see more of this kind of quality in NA.

4.5/5

i REALLY liked this, hell i wanted to love this but the stories were in the completley wrong order if they switched them around it would have been alot better

and Iron Man's last line was rediculous

4.5/5

The stories totally needed to be in the order they were in. It would've completely sucked if they were in the "proper" order.

I could do without half a book of Iron Man talking to himself.

But Captain America's line at the end was the best, and was totally worth Iron Man's crappy line setting it up.

Last edited:
Iron Man's last line was all about showing Cap that he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of showing him that the things that he did in Civil War really did trouble him.

I'd have preferred it if Tony had said: "Everything's going to change now, Steve. Hopefully, this time, it will be for the better. Get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a big day."

And because we already know Steve is murdered the next day, we see Tony's comment as foreshadowing, and makes the issue a lot more deeper. I think that way would be better than: "Yeah, well, you suck."

Latest posts

Back