CLERKS II (Spoilers)

ultimatedjf said:
I really want to try to see this next weekend.

Do it!

I saw it today (finally), and laughed my *** off. And now, without further adieu, the complete and up to date View Askew Timeline (you knew it was coming):

Oni Double Feature #1 - "Walt Flanagan's Dog" April 13, 1994 (Comic)
Mallrats April 14, 1994 (Movie)
Clerks April 15, 1994 (Movie)
Clerks - The Lost Scene April 15, 1994 (Animated Short/Comic)
Oni Double Feature #12 - "Bluntman and Chronic in the Derris Affair" January, 1996 (Comic)
Bluntman and Chronic #1-3 January - June, 1996 (Comic)
Chasing Amy April, 1996 - May, 1997 (Movie)
Jay and Silent Bob #1-4 - "Chasing Dogma" May 31 - June 5, 1996 (Comic)
Dogma May 27 - June 7, 1996 (Movie)
Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Video Stash November, 1996 (Movie Short)
Clerks - The Comic Book April, 1997 (Comic)
Clerks - Holiday Special December 16 - December 25, 1998 (Comic)
Clerks - "On the Perils of Cinema" November, 1999 (Comic One-Page in Allure Magazine)
Clerks - The Animated Series May 10 - June 26, 2000 (Animated Series)
Clerks - The Flying Car February, 2001 (Movie Short)
Scream 3 June, 2001 (Movie - Jay & Silent Bob cameo)
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back June-November, 2001 (Movie)
Jay and Silent Bob Do Degrassi - The Next Generation March, 2004 (TV Series)
Clerks II February, 2006 - April, 2007 (Movie)

You really are a stickler for time, huh? I bet stuff like "Back to the Future" or 90s comics were the bane of your existence? :lol:

You should change your sig to something like:
This timeline... is an absolute good. The timeline is life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sweet!

I still have to catch the animated series and mallrats though.

Bigchoice video is out of them...:cry: :wink: :lol:

I saw it yesterday. It was alright. THe first half or so of the movie didn't seem to have the right rhythm, but after they got back from the go-carts things really picked up. THe last third was excellent. Still, it doesn't beat out Clerks or Dogma for my favorite Smith films.

I do have to say that I albsolutly fell in love with Rosario Dawson in this.

Ultimate Houde said:
"I'm pregnant"

He drops her

Brillant.

The dance scene, why was a nun and a mailman in there?
Or the cheerleader. Or the indian girl dressed for a big bollywood dance number? I think itw as just as many random dancers as they could get.

Victor Von Doom said:
You really are a stickler for time, huh? I bet stuff like "Back to the Future" or 90s comics were the bane of your existence? :lol:

Indeed. Hence you'll never see me trying to do a timeline for anything like that.

You should change your sig to something like:
This timeline... is an absolute good. The timeline is life. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a bad suggestion. Though I don't want people to think I'm too crazy, so maybe I should hold off.

Ice said:
There's a Clerks Animated movie coming out soon.

Well, I wouldn't say soon. It isn't even confirmed yet. Just Smith has plans for one, based on the TV series animation style, and would like to do it eventually. How long that'll be remains to be seen. Hopefully not too long.

ultimatedjf said:
Dude, check my sig, and the top 5 movies thread. :D

So not only was this my favorite comedy since "The 40-Year-Old Virgin", but this definitely makes my top 10 favorite comedies ever list.

:shock:

Nice.

Baxter said:
Or the cheerleader. Or the indian girl dressed for a big bollywood dance number? I think itw as just as many random dancers as they could get.

Bingo.

DIrishB said:
Well, I wouldn't say soon. It isn't even confirmed yet. Just Smith has plans for one, based on the TV series animation style, and would like to do it eventually. How long that'll be remains to be seen. Hopefully not too long.
Smith said 'soon' himself. :?

DIrishB said:
Not a bad suggestion. Though I don't want people to think I'm too crazy, so maybe I should hold off.

This coming from he who is paranoid about numbers and can lick his own eyebrows? :sure:

What? You don't think people cross the street to avoid you now? :p

Ice said:
Smith said 'soon' himself. :?

He also said that about the next issue of the Spider-Man/Black Cat mini...point made.

Victor Von Doom said:
This coming from he who is paranoid about numbers and can lick his own eyebrows? :sure:

What? You don't think people cross the street to avoid you now? :p

I just thought they crossed the street so they could transmit their messages to the aliens without my aluminum foil helmet interfering with the signal.

marvelman said:
DIB can lick his own eyebrows??:shock: Sweet.

The ladies love it.

Planet-man said:
I think there actually is a timeline for the BTTF series somewhere in the dvd set.

I don't doubt it. It actually probably wouldn't be that hard to do, but presentation-wise it might be kind of confusing. I mean do you present it in a linear fashion, or based on the characters' own individual timelines (Marty's for example, would start in 1985, then jump back to 1955, then back to 1985, then forward to 2015, etc).

DIrishB said:
I don't doubt it. It actually probably wouldn't be that hard to do, but presentation-wise it might be kind of confusing. I mean do you present it in a linear fashion, or based on the characters' own individual timelines (Marty's for example, would start in 1985, then jump back to 1955, then back to 1985, then forward to 2015, etc).

I think it was actually a real-time linear timeline, with each event as it happened, so it shows "Marty McFly arrives in the past" over a decade before "Marty McFly born".

Planet-man said:
I think it was actually a real-time linear timeline, with each event as it happened, so it shows "Marty McFly arrives in the past" over a decade before "Marty McFly born".

Gotcha. Thats how I've done the Ultimate timeline as well, with the first entry being the FF way in the past (1 million BC or something) from UFF #21...though if you actually read that first before any of the other Ultimate titles you probably won't know what the hell is going on.

So I saw Clerks for the second time around and it's just as funny....if not funnier.

Elias is so funny that it hurts my head to think of the film without him. Pillowpants...... :lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
So I saw Clerks for the second time around and it's just as funny....if not funnier.

Elias is so funny that it hurts my head to think of the film without him. Pillowpants...... :lol:
I'M SORRY JESUS!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Baxter said:

Baxter knows what bollywood is....im surprised....no really i am.

this moive was funny as hell, i went and saw it with my cuz. when the porch monkey bit came up, we were just luaghing our asses off, mind you, we were the only two colored people in the theather, and we were loud. and and then the donkey bit....which was also funny..., in its own little way.

4.8/5

Latest posts

Back