Clone saga speculation (spoilers)

Does anyone else find it extremely stupid that the deformed clone's costume is stitched up and tathered. Like yeah, we know his face has melted off but that doesn't mean his clothes just happen to match the fact that he's deteriorated. Bendis was all about the Venom symbol logically not appearing but this is ok?

Does anyone else find it extremely stupid that the deformed clone's costume is stitched up and tathered. Like yeah, we know his face has melted off but that doesn't mean his clothes just happen to match the fact that he's deteriorated. Bendis was all about the Venom symbol logically not appearing but this is ok?

I think it makes sense because Kaine (as I will call him) left the cloning facility and didn't have a costume. How is he supposed to pay for one and how is he going to make and/or find one? I think it makes sense and as for the Venom symbol, I think we will be seeing it next time he appears. The cover is awesome though.

If Norman Osborne is not responsible for this, I'm dropping the title. He's the only reason I care about clones right now.

And Thor... good point. I wasn't sure if he left or not but if he's that psycotic maybe he patched up the costume he's familiar with.

But we're definitely seeing the symbol next time we see Venom according to the in continuity game.

If Norman Osborne is not responsible for this, I'm dropping the title. He's the only reason I care about clones right now.

And Thor... good point. I wasn't sure if he left or not but if he's that psycotic maybe he patched up the costume he's familiar with.

Well thank you and I think you needn't worry about the Osbourn thing because I believe Bendis also said the blood sample that Norman took from Peter comes into play in this arc.

I think it makes sense because Kaine (as I will call him) left the cloning facility and didn't have a costume. How is he supposed to pay for one and how is he going to make and/or find one? I think it makes sense and as for the Venom symbol, I think we will be seeing it next time he appears. The cover is awesome though.

Yeah, I agree. "Kaine' is a nut, and he doesn't have a sewing expert like MJ fixing his clothes. His ragged costume reminds me of the torn up costume and freaky shield 'Red Guardian' in Ultimate Nightmare did. It's a good metaphor to show how twisted this Spider-man clone is.

This is very interesting, so far I love the Clone Saga, I have never anticipated a USM issue this much before. Tarantula as a freaky six-armed clone is okay, since the old version was forgettable anyway. As far as it looks Spider-Woman is really a chick version of Parker. Kaine is nuts but we yet have to know if he is a villain, and from the looks of it Ultimate Scorpion will still show up keeping him from being a throwaway villain ala Omega Red.

I hope Bendis will keep his mouth shut or keep any spoilers from coming out. Millar did a good job with that for the Ultimates, and this is probably the most major event in USM, so it would only make the twist and turns of this story arc much more shocking. They pulled it off with keeping Kitty as Spidey's new GF a secret until a week before the Annual was released. I really wished Marvel didn't reveal Gwen Stacy was back as well.

Last edited:
. I really wished Marvel didn't reveal Gwen Stacy was back as well.

They did, didn't they? They kept the cover to #99 back from solicits, and didn't mention it at a con until after #98 came out...

And I think spoilers are being kept nicely secret for the most part. All we really know about the rest of the arc is that Carnage and Ben Reilly turn up, which was pretty obvious anyway.

And to whoever said the Scarlet Spider would turn up: Bendis has already said No Scarlet Spider.

Well thank you and I think you needn't worry about the Osbourn thing because I believe Bendis also said the blood sample that Norman took from Peter comes into play in this arc.

I believe that he's talking about the sample Ben Reilly took in the Carnage arc.

I'm leaning toward the possibility of Doc Ock masterminding this whole thing. He took Peter's blood sample originally back in the first arc, he has a connection to Oscorp and the whole spinal fusion thing with the Scorpion is reminiscent of himself. Plus, according to the Life of Reilly article he was supposed to be the villain behind the original clone saga, until circumstances demanded something bigger. Be nice to see him established as a major threat like Osborne and Fisk have been in this title.

I like the Tarantula design, homages to the original ASM #100 can only be a good thing.

I'm leaning toward the possibility of Doc Ock masterminding this whole thing. He took Peter's blood sample originally back in the first arc, he has a connection to Oscorp and the whole spinal fusion thing with the Scorpion is reminiscent of himself. Plus, according to the Life of Reilly article he was supposed to be the villain behind the original clone saga, until circumstances demanded something bigger. Be nice to see him established as a major threat like Osborne and Fisk have been in this title.

I like the Tarantula design, homages to the original ASM #100 can only be a good thing.

Yes. Finally a theory that makes sense and is good enough to pull off. I will applaud Bendis if Octavius is behind this. Good thoughts, randomthoughts.

fantastic theory!

the whole clone thing raises loads of ethical issues too. could the clones be considered part of the parker clan? im looking forward more to the aftermath of the saga, just to see how this affects peter.

***Spoilers from the preview below***

So I just had a look at the previews and Ray Parker doesn't even seemed to be phased that a dead girl(gwen stacy) is standing in the living room. In fact he knows her name, asks her how she's feeling, and checks her pulse. Seems to me like Mr. Parker had a hand in returning gwen from the dead. I have a very strong feeling that Peter's dad is not a good guy. And since this is the speculation thread, I'm gonna speculate that he's somehow related to the Beetle from the USM game that kept following venom trying to get a sample.

I just favor Osborne.
I'm pretty darn sure his name is spelled without the e on the end.

Yeah its really obvious that Richard knows about Gwen because he was doing a test to see how she feels and if she hurts. Then he starte jabbering about pizza.

Anyway, good theory about the Beetle connection.

As for the Venom symbol, we'll most definitly see it next time he appears in the comic, as he gained it at the end of the USM game due to absorbing the last of the Venom molecules in Peter's blood and thus gained the white symbol on his costume at the end of the game. How the last Venom molecules in Peter's blood could lead to a white spider design is beyond me, but it also had the effect of power Venom up more, so he's a more dangerous opponent than when we saw him in the Venom arc.

Most definitly. Where do you think the Clones came from (that, or the blood sample Doc Ock forcefully took from Peter).

I believe that he's talking about the sample Ben Reilly took in the Carnage arc.

Forgot about that one. Hmmmm, I wonder if all the different blood samples were used each for a particular clone.

***Spoilers from the preview below***

So I just had a look at the previews and Ray Parker doesn't even seemed to be phased that a dead girl(gwen stacy) is standing in the living room. In fact he knows her name, asks her how she's feeling, and checks her pulse. Seems to me like Mr. Parker had a hand in returning gwen from the dead. I have a very strong feeling that Peter's dad is not a good guy. And since this is the speculation thread, I'm gonna speculate that he's somehow related to the Beetle from the USM game that kept following venom trying to get a sample.

I'm pretty sure the Richard Parker we're seeing in the Clone Saga is also a clone, perhaps created from the Venom forumla, since it was made using Richard Parker's blood.

Yeah its really obvious that Richard knows about Gwen because he was doing a test to see how she feels and if she hurts. Then he starte jabbering about pizza.

Anyway, good theory about the Beetle connection.

Richard's a clone. Trust me. Aunt May probably is also (at least the one we're seeing in the Clone Saga). I still think the real May was kidnapped by Miles Warren (the guy she went on a date with, who also happened to be working for Osborn as Harry's therapist, and who was less than honest) and was also cloned.

Richard's a clone. Trust me. Aunt May probably is also (at least the one we're seeing in the Clone Saga). I still think the real May was kidnapped by Miles Warren (the guy she went on a date with, who also happened to be working for Osborn as Harry's therapist, and who was less than honest) and was also cloned.

Oh I don't know if he's a clone DIrishB, because he may well be Carnage who was not fully a clone.

All the other quotes you took from me where statements that I believed are true or would ome to be, so you really had no reason to copy them man. :D

Not sure this has been mentioned but in the game the plane crash where his parents supposedly died was cause by a symbiote that looks just like venom, I think the showed Brock senior taken with it, that may have a role

Maybe it's just me hoping, but I really don't think Peter's dad or aunt may is a clone. It was said somewhere that we would learn more about Peter's Parents sometime around issue 100. Also in some random issue somewhere, after aunt may yells at Peter for not being home, she says something like "stop running away from your life. You're just like your father....". This leads me to believe Richard(yeah I had the wrong name before, so sue me) went into hiding, or was placed in the Witness Protection Program or something so he could continue his research. Anywho, hopefully by this time tomorrow, we'll have an explanation.

Oh I don't know if he's a clone DIrishB, because he may well be Carnage who was not fully a clone.

Fine, he's clonish.

All the other quotes you took from me where statements that I believed are true or would ome to be, so you really had no reason to copy them man. :D

Huh?

Not sure this has been mentioned but in the game the plane crash where his parents supposedly died was cause by a symbiote that looks just like venom, I think the showed Brock senior taken with it, that may have a role

Correct. Eddie Brock Sr. took the Venom serum (if I recall correctly) for whatever reason, and turned into Venom on the plane, causing it to crash.

Huh?

Correct. Eddie Brock Sr. took the Venom serum (if I recall correctly) for whatever reason, and turned into Venom on the plane, causing it to crash.

Nevermind.

Actually we saw that the suit went onto Eddie Sr. but who knows? Maybe the suit, which had Richard's DNA, didn't like Eddie Sr. so he latched onto Richard Parker. It would explain why it shows the Venom suit and its host jumping out of the plane as well as how Richard is still alive. No what I mean?

Latest posts

Back