Comic Book AD Control

nigma

Well-Known Member
when you go back reading through comics you notice that ad and think, i remember when they made that, and damn did that company go under quick or when your reading a marvel comic and see that they have an AD for BOD, this in a comic book? whats next? an AD for Viagra.

i don't have it with me, but there was a really funny one in ultimates # 7, i can't remember what it was for...
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
UltimateE said:
That guy in that drawing had weird nipples.

What?!

he did didn't he.

and the one in ultimate2 # 7 was for combat training, i laughed my *** off when i saw that one.
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
nigma said:
when you go back reading through comics you notice that ad and think, i remember when they made that, and damn did that company go under quick or when your reading a marvel comic and see that they have an AD for BOD, this in a comic book? whats next? an AD for Viagra.

Bit extreme?
 
Those Bod Ads are bloody ridiculous. I don't really think comics are the right place for them but hell, I'm definitely not into advertising.
 

Tomar

Well-Known Member
Does any1 else think there are FAR too many ads in comics its like every second page is an advert.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Tomar said:
Does any1 else think there are FAR too many ads in comics its like every second page is an advert.
8 pages always in a 32 page comic book. It's how they spread them, is the thing.

48 paged comic book, its usuall around 10-12 at most.
 

Tomar

Well-Known Member
They should put all the ads at the back and make them a removable section so i can rip them out when i leave the comic store and put them in the bin where they belong.Of course the chances of that happening are slim
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I'm sure most of my single issues have around 10 advertisements in a 32-page comic. Leaving 22 pages for story.
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
32 pages includes covers, I think.And the ads serve their purpose, if not for them we'd be paying around €10 per comic, so stop *****ing.
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
Johnny Bravo said:
32 pages includes covers, I think.And the ads serve their purpose, if not for them we'd be paying around €10 per comic, so stop *****ing.

so how much euro do you people pay for a comic?
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
Tomar said:
Does any1 else think there are FAR too many ads in comics its like every second page is an advert.

i don't think there are too many, but i find it funny when UFF has almost no F4 adds but USM has about 5,
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
So is "Bod" aimed at gay guys? Cuz every ad I see for "Bod" is incredibly homoerotic. I mean in the Ax ads they basically try to tell you that you're gonna get laid. In all the "Bod" ads they seem to prominently feature shirtless guys.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
moonmaster said:
So is "Bod" aimed at gay guys? Cuz every ad I see for "Bod" is incredibly homoerotic. I mean in the Ax ads they basically try to tell you that you're gonna get laid. In all the "Bod" ads they seem to prominently feature shirtless guys.

Good question. Though with all the chicks staring at him I guess its supposed to convey sex appeal to the opposite sex. Still is pretty creepy though. And what IS up with that guys nipples? Is he lactating?
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Have you seen the tv ads? Its basically 30 seconds of half naked guys flexing and doing various physical activities with half second shots of chicks saying "I want your BOD!!!" occasionally edited in. They're some of the gayest ads I've ever seen.
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
moonmaster said:
So is "Bod" aimed at gay guys? Cuz every ad I see for "Bod" is incredibly homoerotic. I mean in the Ax ads they basically try to tell you that you're gonna get laid. In all the "Bod" ads they seem to prominently feature shirtless guys.

OMG!!! I can't believe you just said that! I was thinking that exactly, earlier, when rereading Wednesday's comics! The ad certainly didn't wanna make me buy Bod. I go for Axe.
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
Johnny Bravo said:
$2.25 is €3,
$2.50 is €3.40 and
€2.99 is €4.15.

your telling me with the euro being worth more then the American dollar, the comics cost more?
 

Latest posts

Top