Comic Book AD Control

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
nigma said:
your telling me with the euro being worth more then the American dollar, the comics cost more?

Transatlantic shipping costs.I think.

There's four comic shops in Dublin, one dealing solely in back issues&thats what they all charge so I must presume thats the reason......that or they fromed a cartel.
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
Johnny Bravo said:
Transatlantic shipping costs.I think.

There's four comic shops in Dublin, one dealing solely in back issues&thats what they all charge so I must presume thats the reason......that or they fromed a cartel.

im going with the cartel. for the price your paying it might be cheaper to have them shipped to you, unless if your in no man's land.
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
nigma said:
im going with the cartel. for the price your paying it might be cheaper to have them shipped to you, unless if your in no man's land.

They are cheaper online, but i've been heading to one of the places since i was seven so i don't really mind giving them the business.Plus online takes about two wks to ship here, and i like headin to the shop on Thursdays to pick up the new stuff.Suppose i'm just used to it!
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
was it me or did they really need that 3 page add for the Ultimate Hulk game for a reason?

or the full page pull out for Imperfects?
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
moonmaster said:
So is "Bod" aimed at gay guys? Cuz every ad I see for "Bod" is incredibly homoerotic. I mean in the Ax ads they basically try to tell you that you're gonna get laid. In all the "Bod" ads they seem to prominently feature shirtless guys.

I don't think so...

Those Ads scare me! (not to mention the fact that one of my gay friends saw it and burst out laughing)

so if they are, they don't work.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Caduceus said:
Since when are ads expected to work? I don't think I've ever been inspired by an ad.

Are you honestly saying that a commercial about food, the ones where they make everything look warm and plump and delicious, has -never- made you hungry?

Or that you've ever looked at a manikin wearing something and think, "hey, so and so would look good in that"

its all subtle things. The point isn't to make you buy -their- product, the point is to get into a mood where you'll buy LOTS of products.

And hey, don't we all succumb to Comic Book hype?:p
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
nigma said:
we now have Honda civic ads........

You read my mind.

Seriously, that is probably the dumbest comic ad I've ever seen.
Kudos to Marvel for being able to sucker Honda into doing it.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Dr.Strangefate said:
Are you honestly saying that a commercial about food, the ones where they make everything look warm and plump and delicious, has -never- made you hungry?
Nope.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Or that you've ever looked at a manikin wearing something and think, "hey, so and so would look good in that".
Nope. Never.

Dr.Strangefate said:
its all subtle things. The point isn't to make you buy -their- product, the point is to get into a mood where you'll buy LOTS of products.
They don't make me do anything at all, personally.

Dr.Strangefate said:
And hey, don't we all succumb to Comic Book hype?:p
Dunno, do we?
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
icemastertron said:
They don't make me do anything at all, personally

You've seen ads for comics and bought them.

You can't escape them. Their influence is so wide that in many cases it's subconscious.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE said:
You've seen ads for comics and bought them.
No. The ads dont make me buy any comic. If its something Im getting, I was already getting it because of seeing it before in the previews.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
icemastertron said:
No. The ads dont make me buy any comic. If its something Im getting, I was already getting it because of seeing it before in the previews.

Which -is- advertisement.
 

nigma

Well-Known Member
are the 2 page spreads getting out of control or is it just me?

In Hero for Hire we had the:

Final Fantasy two page spread

Honda Element with the DOG two page spread

Gears of war? (i can't remember) two page spread
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I agree. Some of the ads are getting outta control. There's like a 2 page ad every other page.


And lately some of them have been placed in the most inapproriate places too. I can't remember which comics they were...but there were ads (some of them 2 page ads) right in the middle of the comics' 2 page splashes.
 

Latest posts

Top