Comic book events that would make good movies

The Overlord

Are there any comic book events from DC, Marvel or someone else, that would make good movies?

Does Kingdom Come count? If so that.

Batman RIP

Days of Future Present

Inferno

All Star Superman (series of movies)

Spider-man: Reign

In order of how much I want to see the respective events made into movies. The movie wouldn't even need to be a direct adaptation, but just a loose interpretation of the concept.

- The Dark Knight Returns (an animated DTV directed by Bruce Timm, written by Paul Dini and starring Kevin Conroy, with musical themes adapted from the works of Shirley Walker)

- Superman: Birthright

- Batman: Knightfall

- The Death of Superman

- All-Star Superman

- Batman: A Death in the Family

- Batman: No Man's Land

- The Invincible War

- Invincible: The Viltrumite War

- Spider-Man: One More Day (oh no wait, they're already doing that)

and of course...

- Superman and Batman versus Vampires and Werewolves (directed by Michael Bay, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law as Batman and Superman, respectively)

Superman__Batman_VS_Vampires__Werew.jpg

There is no real Hollywood wisdom that explains why this movie has not already been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superman: Red Son is another conceivably great movie, but it would never work unless it had a solid mainstream Superman franchise to back it up.

I reckon Red Son would be adaptable enough to not even specifically be about Superman. You could make it about any altruistic demigod superhero and the basics of the story would still work really well for mainstream cinemagoers.

Last edited:
most of these suggestions are stories not events

If handled well, Civil War would be pretty good

Annihilation, I would die for

Messiah CompleX would work really well if they could somehow do it without all the back story

most of these suggestions are stories not events

If handled well, Civil War would be pretty good

Annihilation, I would die for

Messiah CompleX would work really well if they could somehow do it without all the back story

Fine then let's expand the discussion to cover comic events and story lines that normally wouldn't be covered by comic book movies, like Kingdom Come.

You guys should stop just mentioning "epic" comic book stories or stories you really like and, before you post them, think about whether or not the general movie ticket-buying public would indeed buy tickets to see them. Annihilation and Kree/Skull War, Batman: Knightfall - no way.

They did The Death of Superman (animated) and it was a steaming pile of ****. Following the original storyline more closely would probably be worse.

You guys should stop just mentioning "epic" comic book stories or stories you really like and, before you post them, think about whether or not the general movie ticket-buying public would indeed buy tickets to see them. Annihilation and Kree/Skull War, Batman: Knightfall - no way.

They did The Death of Superman (animated) and it was a steaming pile of ****. Following the original storyline more closely would probably be worse.

I think the Kree/Skrull war would be an excellent third Avengers film.

I still say Kingdom Come would make a great film even if it's just animated.

I think the Kree/Skrull war would be an excellent third Avengers film.

I still say Kingdom Come would make a great film even if it's just animated.

You guys REALLY think those would be "great films" or you would just like to see them made into films?

I didn't think either were particularly great comics to begin with, so maybe it's just me.

You guys REALLY think those would be "great films" or you would just like to see them made into films?

I didn't think either were particularly great comics to begin with, so maybe it's just me.

Yes I do. It had such a great story to it honestly. A story that would make a great pretty epic movie/animated movie. Sure it'd be geared more towards the comic fans but that's not bad at all.

I think that if they make a trilogy of Justice Leauge films, 'Identity Crisis' would be a cool way to focus on the less known characters.

Also, if they ever do Teen Titans movies, they need to do 'The Judas Contract'

And, i think Marvel should get the rights back to Fantastic Four, do a story with the skrulls, and then tie it in to the Avengers for a Kree/Skrull War movie

Latest posts

Back