Comic Solicitations for June, 2009

The Immortal Iron Fist: CANCELLED

God ****ing damnit

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?:shock:

You lie.

Now where will i get my monthly dose of gun fu? Or heroes for Hire for that matter.

I am so pissed off, IIF with Sweirczynski had finally picked up steam, and it was just oozing awesomeness from every pore. Blood morse code, giant flesh monsters that double in size when you hit them, Changming burning off the dragon symbol on Danny's chest.

grah

and it's not exactly one of the bubble series, like She-Hulk, it sells well and is more or less universally adored (except Ice).

There has to be something behind it, maybe a shake-up, or a street level event. With Bru leaving DD maybe he's jumping back onto it.

********ballscraphellloebmeekrabdamnass

but those two covers for #27 are awesome, makes me want a Jungle Book style Iron Fist story, but nooooooo

so apparently they've edited out the Final Issue part of the solit, so maybe they changed their mind

god help them if they didn't

Last edited:
The Immortal Iron Fist: CANCELLED

God ****ing damnit

What the ****? I can't believe this! We were talking about how surprised we were it had made it this far! WHAT THE ****, MARVEL?!

It better not be canceled... or I will unleash my Seven Immortal Weapons upon their offices.

From Ed Brubaker on Twitter:

IRON FIST is NOT canceled. Just so everyone knows. It was a typo.

This is the second time this has happened recently (Captain Britain a while back). I wonder what's going on.

From Ed Brubaker on Twitter:

IRON FIST is NOT canceled. Just so everyone knows. It was a typo.

This is the second time this has happened recently (Captain Britain a while back). I wonder what's going on.

I think they're just ****ing with us.

I want to know how "canceled" ends up as a typo in a solicitation...

Is it possible they are testing the audience? To see what reactions would be if certain titles were in fact canceled?

I want to know how "canceled" ends up as a typo in a solicitation...

Is it possible they are testing the audience? To see what reactions would be if certain titles were in fact canceled?
I think it's a savvy way to renew interest in a series, right after that Captain Britain debacle, they pushed that teaser with Doom and Dracula on the moon.

Maybe it was a typo, where they have pre-set things they put on the end of solit, I noticed it's a 40 page issue for 3.99 maybe they meant double sized or something.

savvy may not be the right word, maybe underhanded

Last edited:
Hulk #600 cover
hulk-600.jpg

a little underwhelming, but it's a good cover. I expected a montage kinda thing like all the other one, no Betty, not Thunderbolts Ross, no Leader, no Abomination, no Rick Jones, Skaar, She-Hulk, Caeira, etc.

Hulk #600 cover
hulk-600.jpg

a little underwhelming, but it's a good cover. I expected a montage kinda thing like all the other one, no Betty, not Thunderbolts Ross, no Leader, no Abomination, no Rick Jones, Skaar, She-Hulk, Caeira, etc.

I thought they re-numbered Hulk when Loeb took over.

They're re-re-numbering

well re-re-re-re-re-re-*insert appropriate number of re's*-numbering

That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

So, they renumber, but when one of the old numbers hits an anniversary, they change it back?

That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

So, they renumber, but when one of the old numbers hits an anniversary, they change it back?

It's so annoying. I wish they'd just stick with one or the other instead of swapping it back.

Marvel.com has their list up.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?date=2009-06

DC/Dynamite:

Freddie Vs. Jason Vs. Ash: The Nightmare Warriors #1

Marvel:

Amazing Spider-Man #596
Amazing Spider-Man #597
Amazing Spider-Man #598
Amazing Spider-Man Family #7
Avengers: The Initiative #25
Avengers/Invaders #12
Dark Avengers #6