Comicon.com previews Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Comicon.com gives a 7 page black and white, with cover, of Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four (By Mike Carey & Pasqual Ferry). The issue is set to hit stores on December 21st, with the following issue, Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X-Men set to be released in January.

Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four takes place of the regular Ultimate X-Men series in December, as Ultimate Fantastic Four/Ultimate X-Men takes palce of Ultimate FantasticFour in January.

The Original solicitation reads:

ULTXMFF.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN / FANTASTIC FOUR
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"BOOTSTRAP"
Cerebro has been stolen—and the trail points directly at the government's premier think tank, the Baxter Building! The X-Men aren't happy about it—especially after the shattering events of last month's Ultimate X-Men issue. And the Baxter Building's most famous residents—the Fantastic Four—aren't happy about an angry team of mutants showing up on their doorstep! It's FF versus X-Men in an all-star blowout that leads directly into next month's Ultimate Fantastic Four / X-Men! Ultimate Fantastic Four's Mike Cary is joined by superstar artist Pasqual Ferry for this tour de force of Ultimate action!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

Last edited:
Re: UltimateMarvel.net previews Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four

Cool. So who do you think that vision is that appears to Professor X? Also, I doubt the ninja-chick is Rhona (though it could be, since the "Awesome Android" seems to be with her), so if it isn't who do you think it'll be? After all, I think she'll have some help in this arc.

DIrishB said:
Cool. So who do you think that vision is that appears to Professor X? Also, I doubt the ninja-chick is Rhona (though it could be, since the "Awesome Android" seems to be with her), so if it isn't who do you think it'll be? After all, I think she'll have some help in this arc.
Well, in the 90's X-Men cartoon, I remember Lilandra first appearing to Xavier as a vision. Maybe its her, or someone else doing something the same?

I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

This art is great, but pretty hard to decipher at present. With the exception of the X-Men, who are remarkably familiar, I don't know who's who. I thought for a moment the hooded ninja was Invisible Woman, but I'm probably wrong... This certainly looks interesting.

Also, to answer your question about who Xavier was talking to... I'm guessing the astral projection of Cerebro.

icemastertron said:
Well, in the 90's X-Men cartoon, I remember Lilandra first appearing to Xavier as a vision. Maybe its her, or someone else doing something the same?

I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Could be. We'll see.

Goodwill said:
This art is great, but pretty hard to decipher at present. With the exception of the X-Men, who are remarkably familiar, I don't know who's who. I thought for a moment the hooded ninja was Invisible Woman, but I'm probably wrong... This certainly looks interesting.

Also, to answer your question about who Xavier was talking to... I'm guessing the astral projection of Cerebro.

Also a possibility. Possibly warning Prof X about the ninja-chick intruder.

I like GW's guess and your further thought on it. Makes more sense than my guess. WAY more sense.

Definitely... Honestly, I didn't even recognize that the ninja chick was intruding in the mansion. I thought this was elsewhere. I can't wait to see how she finds a way around Wolverine.

Boring.

Ninja girl has all those gadgets and how she seems to know how to take down each of the X-Men, she may be Rhona. But what happened to her mishapened head? You figure it would stick out with a mask like that.

I also believe that the girl in Xavier's vision is Lilandra. She may or may not be an alien since we have the UFF here, which would make an extraterrestial presence make sense and be appropriate for the book.

Last edited:

cmdrjanjalani said:
Ninja girl has all those gadgets and how she seems to know how to take down each of the X-Men, she may be Rhona. But what happened to her mishapened head? You figure it would stick out with a mask like that.

Thats why I didn't think it would be her, but it could just be that the artist reduced its mis-shapen look some. But from the way she knows how to get around their powers, it does seem very Rhona-esque.

I also believe that the girl in Xavier's vision is Lilandra. She may or may not be an alien since we have the UFF here, which would make an extraterrestial presence make sense and be appropriate for the book.

Could be. I have no clue, but could be.

Goodwill said:

Same here. Only people I recognized was Doc X and Ice Cube. I just hope the Thing sharply reduces the mutant population.

am i the only person that the art was great, as well as clear?

i mean, i immediately thought shiar when i saw the vision thing, and every character looked recognizable, though cyclops' haircut is silly.

ninja is batman, btw

The ninja is Rhona. Carey practically states it.

iceman said:

i mean, i immediately thought shiar when i saw the vision thing, and every character looked recognizable, though cyclops' haircut is silly.

ninja is batman, btw

Yes, the art was good. But UFF versus UXM is kind of like the Partridge Family versus the Brady Bunch. I just want Wolverine to wipe the geek grin off Reed's face (in a graphically literal way), Thing to pound Collosalboy into a license plate, Torch to melt Ice, and Sue storm to put a permanent bubble over Dr. X's cueball head. Yet there were few hints that this would happen.

Well, Wolverine is sick, apparently, Rhona infects him with some virus which disables his healing factor.

? I don't know who the ninja chick is but I was under the distinct impression that the "cerebral vision" that visits Xavier was Rhona projecting herself somehow. I don't know why you guys wouldn't have at least considered that by now. Rhona, even if not a mutant, definitely has the brain power to work Cerebro. And you know she'd look different if she could mentally project herself. The image looks like a terrible beauty to me, right up Rhonda's alley.

I love how the entire interview Carey uses every other way to say... "I just wanted to see certain matchups"

Who do you think hired her to steal it? Hellfire Club or Fenris?

Art looks damn good.

Last edited:
iceman said:

Johnny Storm's new haircut is whats silly.

ninja is batman, btw

Thats impossible, because I'm Batman. Just don't tell anyone or I'll have to put a Batarang through your skull.

John Q. Public said:
But UFF versus UXM is kind of like the Partridge Family versus the Brady Bunch.

How so?

Latest posts

Back