Comicon Info (DC)

Friday

All info shamlessly stolen from newsarama. Most if from Day ones Green Lantern panel.

Asked if the GL Corps: Recharge limited series (by Gleason and writer Dave Gibbons) will lead into an ongoing Corps series, Tomasi said there's a good chance if they numbers [sales figures] are good, and they they're ready to "rock & roll" with a regular series.
I'll be picking up both the mini, and hopefuly the ongoing after IC.

Hal and the GL Corps play a significant role in Infinite Crisis, and there will also be significant changes in the GL book when the books jump ahead "OYL" next spring.
What they don't tell you is that Hal Jordan will be dead and replaced by a young artist. :D

There is no crossover between Space Ghost and the Green Lantern Corps planned.
All that served was to make me think of how cool that would be.

Asked to how other space police organizations react to the reformation of the Corps, L.E.G.I.O.N.'s response will be dealt with in Crisis #1.
Anyone else think that thier responce will be a full on assult of the GLC? I mean they're already pretty hostile in the Rann-Thangar war, its only a comperable weapons system away from Vrill Dox wanting to nuke the whole thing.
Guy Gardner, who has a big role as a GL trainer in Recharge will also play a big role in Crisis.

Asked if Guy will get a shot at payback against Batman (re: their Justice League days), Johns said read Recharge #1.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Asked if more Golden Age characters will be coming back, perhaps in JSA, Tomasi began to respond then stopped himself, then said a project is in the works by a writer who has worked for DC before and handles characters like that very well, leaving the room with the unconfirmed hint that James Robinson was the writer being mentioned.
Robinson writing a monthly DC book? I'd be on that like White on Rice.

First up in December 2005 is a project designed to introduce the character to DC audiences – a Batman/The Spirit stand-alone special written by Jeph Loeb and drawn by Darwyn Cooke (for much more on this, click on the link for our conversation with Loeb), which will be joined by The Best Of The Spirit, an "affordably-priced" trade paperback collecting almost two dozen stories by Eisner, with a new introduction by Neil Gaiman.

Following that in 2006 will be an all-new ongoing The Spirit series written and drawn by Cooke.
I think that if the Spirit collection is under $20 it'll be a no brainer. This'll be everyone, including myself's first real chance to check out Eisner's chacter without having to buy the Archive Hardcovers at $50. As for a new series, the Darwin Cook Art/writing should be enough to get most readers to check it out.

As I said in the Marvel thread, anyone else can feel free to post addition info as it comes up as I'll be working most of the weekend.

Asked if the GL Corps: Recharge limited series (by Gleason and writer Dave Gibbons) will lead into an ongoing Corps series, Tomasi said there's a good chance if they numbers [sales figures] are good, and they they're ready to "rock & roll" with a regular series.

I'm thinking about getting this. I had been hoping that the new GL series would be a big space opera but it seems like its going to be more earth based. This looks to be the epic space adventure I was hoping for.

Baxter said:
Anyone else think that thier responce will be a full on assult of the GLC? I mean they're already pretty hostile in the Rann-Thangar war, its only a comperable weapons system away from Vrill Dox wanting to nuke the whole thing.

Agreed. Its becoming apparent that IC won't be about one disastrous event, it will be about a lot of different thing coincedentally (or otherwise) happening all at the same time.

Guy Gardner, who has a big role as a GL trainer in Recharge will also play a big role in Crisis.

Asked if Guy will get a shot at payback against Batman (re: their Justice League days), Johns said read Recharge #1.

Guy's a badass, but Bats could probably still take him out.

"ONE PUNCH!"

Latest posts

Back