Comics Continuum previews 4 pages of Ultimate Extinction #1

Goodwill said:
Yeah, how in the hell are these guys going to save the world... It's not a question of whether or not they will, it's always how. How?

Gah Lak Tus is obviously not as invulnerable as he seems. One they take out the first wave (pyschic attack) then they'll probably get to fight Galactus in whatever physical form one on one. I'm still convinced these "Bullets" never tough down on Earth.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, how in the hell are these guys going to save the world... It's not a question of whether or not they will, it's always how. How?

Good question, considering thousands (if not more) of other worlds have fallen to Gah Lak Tus. Especially that one world which had billions of super-humans to take on Gah Lak Tus and still lost. I'm not seeing how just a handful (well, more than that, but compared to the billions on the other world) can even stand a chance. We'll see I suppose.

Gah Lak Tus is a figment of everyone's imaginations, conjured up by Xavier himself.

Yes, cueball is the devourer of worlds.

I'm curious to see if we see any more of Vision and what s/he does if so. According to the Millar Vision ministory, Vision not only warns of Gah Lak Tus, but takes an active role in defending against it, including even giving people powers.

Another thing I noticed is according to this preview, Gah Lak Tus broadcasts on a psychic level, making people crazy. This, of course, is what happened in Ultimate Extinction #1, when people were killing themselves left and right during the tranmissions. Was a portion of the Gah Lak Tus psychic broadcast reaching Earth early? Or was Vision giving Earth a taste of what was to come? And if it's the later - why would s/he do that if s/he is trying to save Earth?

UltimateE said:
I'm curious to see if we see any more of Vision and what s/he does if so. According to the Millar Vision ministory, Vision not only warns of Gah Lak Tus, but takes an active role in defending against it, including even giving people powers.

Another thing I noticed is according to this preview, Gah Lak Tus broadcasts on a psychic level, making people crazy. This, of course, is what happened in Ultimate Extinction #1, when people were killing themselves left and right during the tranmissions. Was a portion of the Gah Lak Tus psychic broadcast reaching Earth early? Or was Vision giving Earth a taste of what was to come? And if it's the later - why would s/he do that if s/he is trying to save Earth?

Hmm... I'm pretty sure Vision explained that he had done it, 100 years of nothing, and then his powers bursting out full-power.

UltimateE said:
I presume you meant Nightmare. But, yeah, Vision was stuck there for 100 years, he was probably trying to attract some kind of attention or something to the fact that Gah Lak Tus was coming. I thought the people were killing themselves because they couldn't stand the severity of the images, not psychic control. Thinking about it now, that sounds stupid, but that's what I thought

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
I presume you meant Nightmare.

D'oh! You're right. Whoops.

Pandrio said:
But, yeah, Vision was stuck there for 100 years, he was probably trying to attract some kind of attention or something to the fact that Gah Lak Tus was coming. I thought the people were killing themselves because they couldn't stand the severity of the images, not psychic control. Thinking about it now, that sounds stupid, but that's what I thought

See that's what I thought too, until we got the preview of Extinction #1 and found out that it one of Gah Lak Tus's attacks. I guess it could have been to get attention, but if his sole purpose is to warn people of Gah Lak Tus and help them prepare, wouldn't that be counter-productive, at best?

Latest posts

Back