Comics Continuum previews Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2

DIrishB said:
Wow...ok, so from that it seems we've got Bendis and Bagley on USM through the end of 2007 at least.

Which is ok, but I'm ready for a change in the creative team, personally.

Exactly. While his run has been great (with it's downs of course)....I'm ready for another team. Right now I think my dream team for the title would be BKV and Mark Brooks.

I'd like Brian K. Vaughan and John Cassady. USM needs a big change.

ProjectX2 said:
USM needs a big change.

I agree. It seems like they care more about breaking a stupid record than writing good stories.

From Marvel.com:

Last year, they paired Peter with Kitty Pryde. This year, they're going to put Spider-Man through the paces as Ultimate Daredevil and Punisher show up to cause trouble for the Wall-Crawler.

And if Daredevil and Punisher showing up wasn't enough, Ultimate Kangaroo bounces into the fray. But will the Punisher just shoot him for his trouble? Well, all signs point to yes. Plus, Peter gets legal advice from Foggy Nelson and crime-fighting advice from Captain Jean DeWolfe. And check out the background of one of these preview pages. Even in the Ultimate Universe, Speedball can't catch a break.
See! :lol:

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Exactly. While his run has been great (with it's downs of course)....I'm ready for another team. Right now I think my dream team for the title would be BKV and Mark Brooks.

Now that would be a ****ing sweet creative team on USM! In fact, it could be perfect for the title. Vaughan's got the right sense of humor to infuse the character with, and his past Ultimizations of 616 characters have always been at least interesting and entertaining (something most of Bendis' recent Ultimizations have not been, honestly). And Brooks' take on Spider-Man in the USM Annuals has more than done the job for me. I agree with VVD, give it to these two guys.

Now, while I think BKV is the best comic book writer there is, and while he did write a good Spider-Man in Runaways, I just didn't dig his Spider-Man in Doc Ock/Negative Exposure, where Spidey is 18 as opposed to being 27 in Runaways. But if he has improved since then, then I think Brooks and Vaughan would be the best team ever.

I think Vaughan would be perfect. He's proven that he can write for characters Peter's age in Runaways, and also shown he can write a *****in' Spider-Man. Plus, Yorick kind of reminds me of a slightly older Parker. Either way, Vaughn can do no wrong. Plus, he should be wrapping up Y: The Last Man a few months after the Clone Saga is done. Here's hoping.

Regardless of who takes over, I think the end of the Clone Saga or shortly thereafter is the perfect time for Bendis and Bagley to step down. I mean, I think they've both done a damn good job, but they've really been hyping the end of the Clone Saga as a straight up "ALL QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!" type situation. Spider-Man's spent the last 100 issues trying to make sense of that little muddle called Peter Parker. It would be nice if he walked out of the Clone Saga with a little more maturity, opening the opportunity for a new creative team to take USM in the direction they see fit.

You guys all want changes, and then you suggest Brooks to do the art. His art is practically similar to Bagley's, and when I mean change, I want a full change, writer, artist, etc.

I think the artist who's teamed up for Vaughn on Dr. Strange (I don't know the artist's name) would actually be a pretty good fit.

Ice. Watch yourself. Baglet is my favorite comic artist. No question. I honestly don't think Brooks can touch him.

Goodwill said:
Ice. Watch yourself. Baglet is my favorite comic artist. No question. I honestly don't think Brooks can touch him.
:sure:

Excuse me? Watch how you phrase things.

And Brooks can't touch him because Brooks is on a MUCH higher level.

ProjectX2 said:
You guys all want changes, and then you suggest Brooks to do the art. His art is practically similar to Bagley's, and when I mean change, I want a full change, writer, artist, etc.

Brooks's work is similar to Bagley...but Brooks is superior. To me it's a lot crisper and more defined.

I think Bagley is mediocre. The only time I've genuinely enjoyed his work was when they had a new colorer and the art had a more polished look to it instead of being done by Crayola.

Brooks's art fits the title perfectly. As say opposed to Maleev.

Goodwill said:

I could not even say that line aloud without busting out laughing. Pass DIrishB whatever you're smoking. :lol:

Ice said:
:sure:

Excuse me? Watch how you phrase things.

And Brooks can't touch him because Brooks is on a MUCH higher level.

Indeed. By no means am I saying Brooks is the best artist ever....but as far as I'm concerned, Bagley can stand there and hold Brooks's sketch pad.

Victor Von Doom said:
I could not even say that line aloud without busting out laughing.

No kidding. That's a good one. :D

Latest posts

Back