Comics Continuum previews Ultimates Annual #2

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

You better put some goddamn word bubbles in there, or I'll kill you.
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
6,530
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

ProjectX2 said:
You better put some goddamn word bubbles in there, or I'll kill you.


ththshutthefup.gif
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
1,034
Location
Portland, OR
Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America? Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Thread title and first post fixed.

This is Ultimates Annual #2, not Ultimates 2 Annual #1.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

Ultimate Warrior said:
Ooooookey? So Ultimates Annual 2 comes out before even Ultimates v2 #12 now? That HAS to mess things up........ right? :?
We'll see. If it doesn't spoil #13, it *shouldn't* spoil #12, but like I said, we'll see...
 

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

Ice said:
We'll see. If it doesn't spoil #13, it *shouldn't* spoil #12, but like I said, we'll see...
Yeah, but from what I understood so will #13 be a somewhat Epilogue issue and not really story driven.
 

MoS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
1,034
Location
Portland, OR
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

Ice said:
We'll see. If it doesn't spoil #13, it *shouldn't* spoil #12, but like I said, we'll see...
13 is supposed to be an "aftermath" issue where they clean up some of the dangling minor plots (and all of New York and Washington DC, one would think) - all of the major action happens in #12. So I can see how the Annual wouldn't spoil #13, but unless they wrote the Annual to be really ambiguous, it's gotta spoil #12.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
16,964
Location
On The Edge
Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

Rhyo said:
Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America?

I don't think it's Reed. I think it might be just some random villain. Reed might have the silver-tipped temples.....but he doesn't have white eyebrows.


Rhyo said:
Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?

Because it is well documented that the General Lee is the greatest car..........................ever!!!!

Sadly--it's not the General Lee. The car in the picture is a Thunderbird. The General was a Charger.

But regradless of what car it is.....it looks like it's Cap's and not the villains'.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

Victor Von Doom said:
Because it is well documented that the General Lee is the greatest car..........................ever!!!!
Yee-Haw! Long live Racism!
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

Victor Von Doom said:
Sometimes ya gotta take the good with the bad. :(
Slavery would've never had to end if the plantation owners had had the common sense to give all their slaves General Lees.

KuntaKinte.jpg
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

moonmaster said:
Slavery would've never had to end if the plantation owners had had the common sense to give all their slaves General Lees.

KuntaKinte.jpg
Come on.

Come on.


POTD. :lol:
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
13,680
Location
Philadelphia, PA
This annual doesnt really seem interesting, just reminds me of everytime someone decides to force an anti-racism sentiment into a story and it hurts the actual storyn and feels unnatural
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Rhyo said:
Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America? Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?

I'm pretty sure thats supposed to be the Ultimate version of Arnim Zola...the guy who in 616 continuity that has his torso as a head. Ranks right up there on the Weirdness Scale with MODOK. Yeah, Hydra/AIM always did have some strange characters.

Check him out here:

Arnim Zola

Rhyo said:
13 is supposed to be an "aftermath" issue where they clean up some of the dangling minor plots (and all of New York and Washington DC, one would think) - all of the major action happens in #12. So I can see how the Annual wouldn't spoil #13, but unless they wrote the Annual to be really ambiguous, it's gotta spoil #12.

I suspect part of the ambiguity will be caused mainly by the road-trip this story revolves around. We already saw in the preview pages that we'll get to see a little of New York, complete with aftermath and giant downed robots littering the street. I think it might also only focus on Cap and Falcon, possible with a scene or two involving Fury, but not touch on the other Ultimates team members. So without reading #12-13, we probably won't know what happened to the rest of the team (of course we naturally assume they'll all survive...but you never know).

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't think it's Reed. I think it might be just some random villain. Reed might have the silver-tipped temples.....but he doesn't have white eyebrows.

Its Ultimate Arnim Zola.

Random said:
This annual doesnt really seem interesting, just reminds me of everytime someone decides to force an anti-racism sentiment into a story and it hurts the actual storyn and feels unnatural

Considering we haven't even read the story yet, doesn't that seem a bit of a premature judgement? It could end up being a very poignant tale, or just a straight up action book, etc. Who knows, you might end up liking the issue.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top