Comics Continuum previews Ultimates Annual #2

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Re: The Ultimates 2 Annual #1 Preview

You better put some goddamn word bubbles in there, or I'll kill you.

the watcher

ProjectX2 said:
You better put some goddamn word bubbles in there, or I'll kill you.

ththshutthefup.gif

MoS

Re: Comics Continuum previews Ultimates 2 Annual #1

Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America? Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?

E

Excelsior Club
Thread title and first post fixed.

This is Ultimates Annual #2, not Ultimates 2 Annual #1.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen

Ultimate Warrior said:
Ooooookey? So Ultimates Annual 2 comes out before even Ultimates v2 #12 now? That HAS to mess things up........ right? :?
We'll see. If it doesn't spoil #13, it *shouldn't* spoil #12, but like I said, we'll see...

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior

Ice said:
We'll see. If it doesn't spoil #13, it *shouldn't* spoil #12, but like I said, we'll see...
Yeah, but from what I understood so will #13 be a somewhat Epilogue issue and not really story driven.

MoS

Ice said:
13 is supposed to be an "aftermath" issue where they clean up some of the dangling minor plots (and all of New York and Washington DC, one would think) - all of the major action happens in #12. So I can see how the Annual wouldn't spoil #13, but unless they wrote the Annual to be really ambiguous, it's gotta spoil #12.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.

Rhyo said:
Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America?

I don't think it's Reed. I think it might be just some random villain. Reed might have the silver-tipped temples.....but he doesn't have white eyebrows.

Rhyo said:
Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?

Because it is well documented that the General Lee is the greatest car..........................ever!!!!

Sadly--it's not the General Lee. The car in the picture is a Thunderbird. The General was a Charger.

But regradless of what car it is.....it looks like it's Cap's and not the villains'.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin

Victor Von Doom said:
Because it is well documented that the General Lee is the greatest car..........................ever!!!!
Yee-Haw! Long live Racism!

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin

Victor Von Doom said:
Sometimes ya gotta take the good with the bad. :(
Slavery would've never had to end if the plantation owners had had the common sense to give all their slaves General Lees.

KuntaKinte.jpg

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen

moonmaster said:
Slavery would've never had to end if the plantation owners had had the common sense to give all their slaves General Lees.

KuntaKinte.jpg
Come on.

Come on.

POTD. :lol:

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
This annual doesnt really seem interesting, just reminds me of everytime someone decides to force an anti-racism sentiment into a story and it hurts the actual storyn and feels unnatural

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Rhyo said:
Why is an inexplicably-aged Reed Richards wearing goggles and gloating at Captain America? Why do his evil henchmen drive around in a blue General Lee?

I'm pretty sure thats supposed to be the Ultimate version of Arnim Zola...the guy who in 616 continuity that has his torso as a head. Ranks right up there on the Weirdness Scale with MODOK. Yeah, Hydra/AIM always did have some strange characters.

Check him out here:

Arnim Zola

Rhyo said:
13 is supposed to be an "aftermath" issue where they clean up some of the dangling minor plots (and all of New York and Washington DC, one would think) - all of the major action happens in #12. So I can see how the Annual wouldn't spoil #13, but unless they wrote the Annual to be really ambiguous, it's gotta spoil #12.

I suspect part of the ambiguity will be caused mainly by the road-trip this story revolves around. We already saw in the preview pages that we'll get to see a little of New York, complete with aftermath and giant downed robots littering the street. I think it might also only focus on Cap and Falcon, possible with a scene or two involving Fury, but not touch on the other Ultimates team members. So without reading #12-13, we probably won't know what happened to the rest of the team (of course we naturally assume they'll all survive...but you never know).

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't think it's Reed. I think it might be just some random villain. Reed might have the silver-tipped temples.....but he doesn't have white eyebrows.

Its Ultimate Arnim Zola.

Random said:
This annual doesnt really seem interesting, just reminds me of everytime someone decides to force an anti-racism sentiment into a story and it hurts the actual storyn and feels unnatural

Considering we haven't even read the story yet, doesn't that seem a bit of a premature judgement? It could end up being a very poignant tale, or just a straight up action book, etc. Who knows, you might end up liking the issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts