Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
tumblr_lg4906AHbc1qbiueao1_500.jpg

Bass

Nexus of the World
I just saw the 14th episode of season 2 which is the D&D episode. I have never seen any COMMUNITY before, but what I found hysterical was Chevy Chase's endless malice towards Fat Neil. He was ****ing hysterical.

Anyhow, while I laughed throughout the episode, I felt the ending sucked. Everything was fine and they set up a much better ending, but didn't do it. Here's my take on the ending. Bear in mind, that everything up to this point is precisely the same:

Fat Neil: "I take the sword of Ducayne, and I throw it at the amulet around the sad old man's neck."
Dungeon Master: "It's a very difficult shot. You'll need an 18 or higher."
Everyone prays as the Dungeon Master rolls the dice. He rolls. His face sinks.
Jeff: "He missed?!"
Dungeon Master: "Technically, no."
The players rejoice, but Pierce interjects.
Pierce: "Technically?!"
Dungeon Master: "... Rolled a '1'. He doesn't miss, he... drops the sword and impales his foot."
Jaws drop. Pierce smirks. Jeff stares daggers.
Dungeon Master: "I have to roll for damage." (he rolls) "That's... ah... critical hit. He dies from shock and blood loss."
Jeff: "So... Neil. Just. KILLED HIMSELF."
Dungeon Master nods.
Pierce: "I kill everybody."
Dungeon Master: "Everyone is dead."
Pierce reclines, satisfied. Neil cries. Jeff is livid.
CUT TO BLACK.
Over end credits. Neil is in his room, he is writing a note. Once finished, he picks up a razor blade. Brings it up to his hand... and then picks up a cellophane-sealed D&D player's handbook. Using the blade, he delicately cuts the wrapping and opens the book. He continues writing determinedly, but it turns out it's not a note, but a character sheet... for Ducayne the Second...

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
"Critical Film Studies" was unexpectedly brilliant. Abed might have just become my favorite character.

Bass

Nexus of the World
Interesting, since he was one of my least favourites in the D&D show.

Although, while I disliked Abed, I thought the actor has chops.

E

Excelsior Club
Interesting, since he was one of my least favourites in the D&D show.

If that had been the first and only episode I'd seen I wouldn't have had enough to form an opinion on him since he wasn't really in a featured role.

As for chops, yeah - watch the episode I wrote about and you'll see how well he plays that part.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Imagine this show without Troy and Abed.

IMAGINE IT.

ourchair

I just saw the 14th episode of season 2 which is the D&D episode. I have never seen any COMMUNITY before, but what I found hysterical was Chevy Chase's endless malice towards Fat Neil. He was ****ing hysterical.

Anyhow, while I laughed throughout the episode, I felt the ending sucked. Everything was fine and they set up a much better ending, but didn't do it. Here's my take on the ending. Bear in mind, that everything up to this point is precisely the same:

Fat Neil: "I take the sword of Ducayne, and I throw it at the amulet around the sad old man's neck."
Dungeon Master: "It's a very difficult shot. You'll need an 18 or higher."
Everyone prays as the Dungeon Master rolls the dice. He rolls. His face sinks.
Jeff: "He missed?!"
Dungeon Master: "Technically, no."
The players rejoice, but Pierce interjects.
Pierce: "Technically?!"
Dungeon Master: "... Rolled a '1'. He doesn't miss, he... drops the sword and impales his foot."
Jaws drop. Pierce smirks. Jeff stares daggers.
Dungeon Master: "I have to roll for damage." (he rolls) "That's... ah... critical hit. He dies from shock and blood loss."
Jeff: "So... Neil. Just. KILLED HIMSELF."
Dungeon Master nods.
Pierce: "I kill everybody."
Dungeon Master: "Everyone is dead."
Pierce reclines, satisfied. Neil cries. Jeff is livid.
CUT TO BLACK.
Over end credits. Neil is in his room, he is writing a note. Once finished, he picks up a razor blade. Brings it up to his hand... and then picks up a cellophane-sealed D&D player's handbook. Using the blade, he delicately cuts the wrapping and opens the book. He continues writing determinedly, but it turns out it's not a note, but a character sheet... for Ducayne the Second...
That is absolutely ingenious and would be a much better ending indeed.

Also, I think your disdain for Abed comes from the fact that you too are a nerd-bot with vaguely Eastern features and a mostly ambiguous ethnicity. :p

E

Excelsior Club
There's no such thing as a free Caesar salad.

Hilarious episode last night, as usual. Was that the season finale?

Latest posts