tumblr_lg4906AHbc1qbiueao1_500.jpg

I just saw the 14th episode of season 2 which is the D&D episode. I have never seen any COMMUNITY before, but what I found hysterical was Chevy Chase's endless malice towards Fat Neil. He was ****ing hysterical.

Anyhow, while I laughed throughout the episode, I felt the ending sucked. Everything was fine and they set up a much better ending, but didn't do it. Here's my take on the ending. Bear in mind, that everything up to this point is precisely the same:

Fat Neil: "I take the sword of Ducayne, and I throw it at the amulet around the sad old man's neck."
Dungeon Master: "It's a very difficult shot. You'll need an 18 or higher."
Everyone prays as the Dungeon Master rolls the dice. He rolls. His face sinks.
Jeff: "He missed?!"
Dungeon Master: "Technically, no."
The players rejoice, but Pierce interjects.
Pierce: "Technically?!"
Dungeon Master: "... Rolled a '1'. He doesn't miss, he... drops the sword and impales his foot."
Jaws drop. Pierce smirks. Jeff stares daggers.
Dungeon Master: "I have to roll for damage." (he rolls) "That's... ah... critical hit. He dies from shock and blood loss."
Jeff: "So... Neil. Just. KILLED HIMSELF."
Dungeon Master nods.
Pierce: "I kill everybody."
Dungeon Master: "Everyone is dead."
Pierce reclines, satisfied. Neil cries. Jeff is livid.
CUT TO BLACK.
Over end credits. Neil is in his room, he is writing a note. Once finished, he picks up a razor blade. Brings it up to his hand... and then picks up a cellophane-sealed D&D player's handbook. Using the blade, he delicately cuts the wrapping and opens the book. He continues writing determinedly, but it turns out it's not a note, but a character sheet... for Ducayne the Second...

Last edited:
"Critical Film Studies" was unexpectedly brilliant. Abed might have just become my favorite character.

Interesting, since he was one of my least favourites in the D&D show.

Although, while I disliked Abed, I thought the actor has chops.

Interesting, since he was one of my least favourites in the D&D show.

If that had been the first and only episode I'd seen I wouldn't have had enough to form an opinion on him since he wasn't really in a featured role.

As for chops, yeah - watch the episode I wrote about and you'll see how well he plays that part.

Imagine this show without Troy and Abed.

IMAGINE IT.

I just saw the 14th episode of season 2 which is the D&D episode. I have never seen any COMMUNITY before, but what I found hysterical was Chevy Chase's endless malice towards Fat Neil. He was ****ing hysterical.

Anyhow, while I laughed throughout the episode, I felt the ending sucked. Everything was fine and they set up a much better ending, but didn't do it. Here's my take on the ending. Bear in mind, that everything up to this point is precisely the same:

Fat Neil: "I take the sword of Ducayne, and I throw it at the amulet around the sad old man's neck."
Dungeon Master: "It's a very difficult shot. You'll need an 18 or higher."
Everyone prays as the Dungeon Master rolls the dice. He rolls. His face sinks.
Jeff: "He missed?!"
Dungeon Master: "Technically, no."
The players rejoice, but Pierce interjects.
Pierce: "Technically?!"
Dungeon Master: "... Rolled a '1'. He doesn't miss, he... drops the sword and impales his foot."
Jaws drop. Pierce smirks. Jeff stares daggers.
Dungeon Master: "I have to roll for damage." (he rolls) "That's... ah... critical hit. He dies from shock and blood loss."
Jeff: "So... Neil. Just. KILLED HIMSELF."
Dungeon Master nods.
Pierce: "I kill everybody."
Dungeon Master: "Everyone is dead."
Pierce reclines, satisfied. Neil cries. Jeff is livid.
CUT TO BLACK.
Over end credits. Neil is in his room, he is writing a note. Once finished, he picks up a razor blade. Brings it up to his hand... and then picks up a cellophane-sealed D&D player's handbook. Using the blade, he delicately cuts the wrapping and opens the book. He continues writing determinedly, but it turns out it's not a note, but a character sheet... for Ducayne the Second...
That is absolutely ingenious and would be a much better ending indeed.

Also, I think your disdain for Abed comes from the fact that you too are a nerd-bot with vaguely Eastern features and a mostly ambiguous ethnicity. :p

There's no such thing as a free Caesar salad.

Hilarious episode last night, as usual. Was that the season finale?

Latest posts

Back