This is...weird. I'm glad, but it's weird. Has Yahoo ever done anything like this? Do we know what will be required to watch? Subscription? Do we just watch in a web browser?
They've had their own original shows how Netflix and Amazon has done before, but I've never watched any, so don't know exactly "how it works."

I don't think there's any type of subscription; I haven't heard of anything like that, but I could be wrong.

Bummer. I love Shirley.

Contracts, that's the point. They still have to fulfill that.

And it's not like Yvette is completely gone. She'll still recur in some of the 13 episodes.

Contracts, that's the point. They still have to fulfill that.

And it's not like Yvette is completely gone. She'll still recur in some of the 13 episodes.

Who is obligated to whom to fulfill said contracts? The actors seem like they're allowed to leave.

Who is obligated to whom to fulfill said contracts? The actors seem like they're allowed to leave.
Dan Harmon/producers with Yahoo, I'd say. The show still has to be put on.

And it's not Yvette is leaving just for any reason. Being friends with Harmon and all they understand her departure. Better reason than any others.

Dan Harmon/producers with Yahoo, I'd say. The show still has to be put on.
okay, fair enough.

Because Dan Harmon is a great show runner and he is bigger than any character on the show.

Right, but they haven't lost one character, they've lost almost half of the original cast. Shows have a life span and it's always a bad idea to try to keep it going after that life span has ended. Don't you think Dan Harmon would be using his time better on a new show?

Don't you think Dan Harmon would be using his time better on a new show?

I can't really answer that having not seen any of his other work, but if he believes in it and thinks he can keep making a great show, why not? I don't think the loss of characters necessarily means a loss in quality of the show.

So I've been watching Season 6 from week to week and I haven't been impressed. It really does seem like the show has run out of steam (at least the first ten episodes). There have only been two really funny episodes (Episodes 11 and 12, the two most recent). Part of that is due to the fact much of the main cast has left, part of it is that the replacements aren't that funny (Frankie is the new straight man, apparently, and Elroy occasionally gets some good lines expertly delivered by Keith David, but its too little).

Also, I totally want them to do a reunion episode with the original cast members all coming back that explores a dimensional anomaly located at the corner of the table (by Pierce's old chair, where Frankie currently sits now) that gives the real reason for Troy, Shirley, and Pierce's disappearance: they were switched with other-dimensional physical clones.

Anyway, Episodes 11 and 12 were really funny, but the first ten were a bit tough to get through.

Latest posts

Back