Comparative Geek Fight Trivia Quiz

compound

I have mod permission to initiate this thread -- Please move it to the Games forum, as necessary.

RULES ARE SIMPLE:

* The first person to give the right answer will decide the next question.
* Disputed results may be open to healthy debate, until it's resolved in a satisfactory way.
* This one is VERY important: Each question must involve comparative geekiness, contrasting aspects of various fandoms.

Got it? Then let's begin...

Which of these characters is the odd one out?

A) Desmond from Lost
B) Hiro from Heroes
C) Donnie Darko
D) Ultimate Bishop​

Last edited:
I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I think it's him, because from reading the Wikipedia article, he seems to be the only one who doesn't actually "travel" through time. I'm probably wrong though. I need to see the movie.

Oh, and it's Hiro, not Hero.

Hiro is the only Asian! :wink:

I'm guessing Planet-man is right, as I seemed to be wrong about Donnie Darko and completely overlooked Desmond.

Unless this has nothing to do with time travel...

Bishop is the only one not played by an actor.
I'm starting to think I've opened up a can of worms with this thread...

Partly because there's no reason why a response like this can't be the right one...

Unless this has nothing to do with time travel...

But more specifically, because I picked a question involving a storyline element that's open to interpretation.

Yeah, this is going to be difficult if there are multiple answers... maybe you'll have to give us a clue or something.

I'm starting to think I've opened up a can of worms with this thread...

Partly because there's no reason why a response like this can't be the right one...

But more specifically, because I picked a question involving a storyline element that's open to interpretation.

Some of Ultxon's comic quiz questions have that same problem with the odd one out format.

Yeah, this is going to be difficult if there are multiple answers... maybe you'll have to give us a clue or something.
* Okay, first of all, I'm gonna establish that questions should not use physical features as a basis for responses, unless it's directly relevant (e.g. all the characters involved are scarred, but in different places on their body; or all the characters are black, but originating from different countries).

* Secondly, I'm going to ditch the multiple choice format as a requirement.

Having said that, I will also insist that whoever comes up with a question should put a little effort into it, so that there can be only one possible result.

I meant the answer of the question to be Hiro, because he is the only one whose inherent abilities allow him to manipulate time and space (as opposed to relying on some external factor).

But then I realized that Ultimate Bishop's time travel is the only one that's powered by a technological machine or device.

So I guess it's not really a problem with the "odd one out" format; it's just a matter of picking a better set of choices.

I'd like to restart the game over (appropriate, considering the first question), with the new rules in place.

The NEW first question is:

Name TWO things that ALL these characters have in common. One should be immediately obvious; i'll provide a hint about the other, if necessary.

Professor X
John Locke (from Lost)
Dr. Niles Caulder (Doom Patrol)
Barbara Gordon/Oracle​

Last edited:
* Okay, first of all, I'm gonna establish that questions should not use physical features as a basis for responses, unless it's directly relevant (e.g. all the characters involved are scarred, but in different places on their body; or all the characters are black, but originating from different countries).

* Secondly, I'm going to ditch the multiple choice format as a requirement.

Having said that, I will also insist that whoever comes up with a question should put a little effort into it, so that there can be only one possible result.

I meant the answer of the question to be Hiro, because he is the only one whose inherent abilities allow him to manipulate time and space (as opposed to relying on some external factor).

But then I realized that Ultimate Bishop's time travel is the only one that's powered by a technological machine or device.

So I guess it's not really a problem with the "odd one out" format; it's just a matter of picking a better set of choices.

I'd like to restart the game over (appropriate, considering the first question), with the new rules in place.

The NEW first question is:

Name TWO things that ALL these characters have in common. One should be immediately obvious; i'll provide a hint about the other, if necessary.

Professor X
John Locke (from Lost)
Dr. Niles Caulder (Doom Patrol)
Barbara Gordon/Oracle​

I'm sorry I messed up the first question, but could we please give this a shot? Pretty please, with a cherry on top. *makes puppy dog eyes*

OK Ok, 1) they are all in wheelchairs (at one point in time).
2) Have they all been bald at one point?

Last edited:
They're all cripples. Except Locke, who used to be a cripple. And they were all crippled by violent events.

They're all cripples. Except Locke, who used to be a cripple. And they were all crippled by violent events.
I consider this two aspects of the same answer. Good try, though.

Also, it's debatable whether Caulder's crippling is considered a "violent event"; he removed a device that was intended to correct a natural spinal flaw. So if Immortus had not intervened he would have lost the use of his legs anyway.

All of them use wheel chair and all of them are leaders of a group or were leaders at some point in their lives.
Okay, there's definitely no question about Oracle, Xavier, and Caulder being leaders. If you can justify why you think Locke is a leader, I'll let you win this round.

(This wasn't the answer I was looking for, but the correct response *is* related to their various group affiliations, so you're definitely thinking along the same lines.)

Latest posts

Back