The Trex.
TyrannosaurusRex.gif

The mythical Liger.
Liger.jpg

The mythical Tigon.
nathaniel2.jpg

The elusive creature known as Bigfoot.
bigfoot.jpg

The Maine Coon, one of the largest and most intelligent breeds of cat.
Nuage20Imgp1556.jpg

The Plumed (?) Basilisk.
basilisk.jpg

The Octopus.
octillery.jpg

And now, one of the strangest creatures in the Animal Kingdom. The Mole.

Moles are members of the mammal family Talpidae in the order Soricomorpha. Moles live underground and burrow holes. Some species are aquatic or semi-aquatic. Moles have cylindrical bodies covered in fur with small or covered eyes; the ears are generally not visible. They are known to possess large blue mohawks. They eat small invertebrate animals living underground. Moles can be found in North America, Europe and Asia, but they are most commonly known to frequent the Ultimate Central Message Board.

Male moles are called boars; females are called sows. A group of moles is called a labor. Since at least the era of Early Modern English the mole was also known in the UK as a "moldywarp" or "moldywarpes" (plural).

A mole's diet primarily consists of earthworms and other small invertebrates found in the soil. The mole may also occasionally catch small mice at the entrance to its burrow. Because their saliva contains a toxin that can paralyze earthworms, moles are able to store their still living prey for later consumption. They construct special underground "larders" for just this purpose; researchers have discovered such larders with over a thousand earthworms in them. Before eating earthworms, moles pull them between their squeezed paws to force the collected earth and dirt out of the worm's gut.

The Star-nosed Mole can detect, catch and eat food faster than the human eye can follow (under 300 milliseconds). The Super-Sayajin Mole has the uncanny ability to collect WWE and WCW merchandise. This Mole also has an affinity for Spongebob Squarepants.

Darwin cites moles as an example of mammals that have organs that have become vestigial and are being phased out by natural selection:

From Darwin's Origin of Species:
The eyes of moles and of some burrowing rodents are rudimentary in size, and in some cases are quite covered by skin and fur. This state of the eyes is probably due to gradual reduction from disuse, but aided perhaps by natural selection. In South America, a burrowing rodent, the tuco-tuco, or Ctenomys, is even more subterranean in its habits than the mole; and I was assured by a Spaniard, who had often caught them, that they were frequently blind. One which I kept alive was certainly in this condition, the cause, as appeared on dissection, having been inflammation of the nictitating membrane. As frequent inflammation of the eyes must be injurious to any animal, and as eyes are certainly not necessary to animals having subterranean habits, a reduction in their size, with the adhesion of the eyelids and growth of fur over them, might in such case be an advantage; and if so, natural selection would aid the effects of disuse.

mole.jpg

Morocco_Mole_300.jpg

275px-Mole_Man_001.jpg

hans.gif

14093.jpg

mole.gif

More on the mysterious Mole to come.

Last edited:
I like dogs.

cujo.jpg

cujo05.jpg

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with Mole's assessment of some of the Star Wars races as being animals.

In the Databank located at the StarWars.com site, only the Rancor is listed as a "creature", which is the category for wildlife/animals. The Ewoks, Gungans, Gamorreans, and Jawas are instead found in the Species category, which lists the intelligent (or at least sentient) lifeforms in the Star Wars galaxy.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

Mole's such a n00b.

I like tuhtles.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow our discussion on child development in Psychology today turned into discussion of that video. Then of course our teacher had to play it for those who hadn't seen it.

COINCIDENCES AHOY!
I thought Ourchair was some sort of giant psychic space carrot.
I thought he was an electric emu.

Or a giant sky rat.

Or Midget Hitler.

Or Pontius Pilate.
The Trex must be popular with the lady Trexes.
Trex is going to be the new way I say T-Rex from now on.
I like dogs.

cujo.jpg

cujo05.jpg
Aw, nice doggie. I wants to pet the doggie.
Mole's such a n00b.
Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with Mole's assessment of some of the Star Wars races as being animals.

In the Databank located at the StarWars.com site, only the Rancor is listed as a "creature", which is the category for wildlife/animals. The Ewoks, Gungans, Gamorreans, and Jawas are instead found in the Species category, which lists the intelligent (or at least sentient) lifeforms in the Star Wars galaxy.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion....

I know , Like ourchair mentioned it was a joke implying they were all so stupid they are like animals , Sorry if you didn't get that

Latest posts

Back