Costume complaints

Baxter said:
Changing the GIANT ASEXUAL HARBRINGER OF OUR DESTRUCTION THAT FELL FROM SPACE into something that belongs in Heavy Metal is not.
And thus concludes Baxter's retrospective on the career of David Bowie...

Last edited:
UltimateE said:
Also - the X-Men. I hate the costumes. They are stupid, pointless, and unnecessary. They should all have leather jackets a la New X-Men.

I like the majority of ultimatre X-men costumes, they seem more military with cargo pants and a t shirt that's what you usually see guys like Spinter Cell wear (sans vest). And what I reallty love about thier costume is how uniform they are, they all have they same colors. And in the first arc they did have jackets, I don't they have been wearing them probably cause it is warmer out.

Green Goblin - I hate that he turns into a Hulk ripoff. Here you have a villain kooky enough to put on a lame suit and they ruin it. Dumb.

I actually do like it when he wears the cloak like in legacy arc. He looks alot more demonic, so Ithink from now on he should alway wear that

Daredevil should not have a red rubber suit. Sorry DD purists. The black ninja outfit was waaaaaaay better.

I like how his costume was in the movie, I think it should be more like that, cause it was all realistic, and was just normal red leather clothing you can buy. It also seems more suitiblefor the street fighting he does. The only thing good to come from that movie.

Venom - NO WHITE SPIDER. It's stupid.

I agree, they should not have that when Venom returns to the comics, I loved how he looked before, he was more monsterous.

Guijllons said:
X-men, yeah, I think they're stupid, would make more sense if they dressed like the black panthers or something (Given the the whole Xavier/Magneto thing was an allegory for the differences between Martin Luther King and Malcom X).yeah

Well actually Stan Lee never intended Xaiver/Magneto to represent King/Malcom X, He was just representing them as peaceful/violent protestors.

Guijllons said:
The ape thing, nah, that's a bit cheap, but if he was created now, he wouldn't be green. The green thing is silly and part of the old idea that radioactive things glow green. But skinny Dr. Banner transforming into the strongest one there is, makes perfect sense. Case of 'careful what you wish for'. Full on Charles Atlas.

Actually the original Hulk was grey, but the printer said that grey was too difficult to do, so Stan thought what color to make him and said "Well, not too many heroes are green so lets do that."

Um, Guij...

Guijllons said:
Would Daredevil still be Daredevil if he grew huge ears to explain his excellent hearing?
Orson Scott Card just called me up, and he's kinda ticked off -- he wants you to stop leaking his plans for his Ultimate DD origin mini.

Random said:
I like the majority of ultimatre X-men costumes, they seem more military with cargo pants and a t shirt that's what you usually see guys like Spinter Cell wear (sans vest). And what I reallty love about thier costume is how uniform they are, they all have they same colors. And in the first arc they did have jackets, I don't they have been wearing them probably cause it is warmer out.
Remember that they only wore that to hide themselves from the Sentinel scanners.

E.Vi.L. said:
Well, Namor and Apocalypse. These are those I think look really stupid. Thankfully, they have all of two panels appearance between the two of them so they can hopefully improve.

I know you don't know 616, but trust me when I say both of them look WAY better in the Ultimate U.

Namor wears a damn speedo in 616, while Apocalypse sports a giant "A" on his waist. The Ultimate costumes are vast improvements.

Hmm, okay, went at Marvel to see the cover.

And then I checked the net for 616 Marvel :

everett_namor.jpg

Found this. I guess Ultimate Namor is an improvement.

But we don't see his feet. So I have just one request :

PLEASE LET THERE BE NO WINGS!!!

As is, Ult. Namor looks like he's out from the set of Hercules or Xena. That's bad enough, but add wings on his heels...

Last edited:
*sigh*

Obviously not. Looking it up now.

---

Awww, for the love of indecency.

He has freaking wings on his heels!

That's it, he has now topped Apocalypse by a good margin as the lamest looking Ultimate character.

ProjectX2 said:
Loincloth! Loincloth!
For Chrissakes, the guy's allegedly been buried for a couple of centruies now. You'd think you could forgive him for being a little behind the times, in terms of fashion.

You're prepared to suspend disbelief about an ancient civilization being hermetically preserved underwater, but your 'realistic' sensibilties are offended by a bioloically-sensible mutation (heel-wings = fins) and a goddamn loincloth?!

The Queer Eye make-over can wait until after the arc is over. There's plenty of time for snappy GQ dressing as part of the Invasion. For now, the loincloth is cool with me.

Last edited:
Random said:
I like the majority of ultimatre X-men costumes, they seem more military with cargo pants and a t shirt

They aren't practical. One sticks out in my mind specifically - I remember when The Tempest began, and it showed Nightcrawler with this idiotic...things on his shoulders. What are they? What do they do?

When they are jumping around, punching, kicking, and wrestling around, costumes have to be as practical as possible. Outer shoulder pads and utility belts that go around their shoulders and stuff like that just aren't.

compound said:
You're prepared to suspend disbelief about an ancient civilization being hermetically preserved underwater, but your 'realistic' sensibilties are offended by a bioloically-sensible mutation (heel-wings = fins) and a goddamn loincloth?!

Waitaminute.

Biologiacally-sensible mutation?!? That's what you call those wings?

:lol:

compound said:
For Chrissakes, the guy's allegedly been buried for a couple of centruies now. You'd think you could forgive him for being a little behind the times, in terms of fashion.

The Queer Eye make-over can wait until after the arc is over. There's plenty of time for snappy GQ dressing as part of the Invasion. For now, the loincloth is cool with me.

What? I like the loincloth...

E.Vi.L. said:
Waitaminute.

Biologiacally-sensible mutation?!? That's what you call those wings?

:lol:

How else is he going to fly? Would you rather huge wings growing out of his back ala Angel?

ProjectX2 said:
What? I like the loincloth...

Hell of an improvement over 616.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back