Countdown Series Speculation

Friday

Yes! We shall speculate for the next... 3 days!

First off its all but official. It even show up in PReviews text solicits right HERE

And then theres the back cover of Previews

preview2.php

So here's what LitG has to say about the content.

What hasn't been seen yet are the solicitation details. Well, I can tell you that each issue will have a different creative team, with Paul Dini acting as "showrunner," "52"'s Keith Giffen providing breakdowns and Andy Kubert and Tim Townsend providing covers.

Looking at May's issues, the first issue, #51, is written by Paul Dini and drawn by Jesus Saiz. "Hawkman" team Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray write the next issue, drawn by Jim Califiore. Then Tony Bedard writes, with Carlos Magno on art and finally Adam Beecham writes #48 with art from David Lopez.

I'm not too happy about the rotating teams. I think the writers room approach they're using on 52. Still, as long as they stay with the top tier of writers, especially teams like Palmiotti and Gray who need more exposure it will work out.

The rumored $2.99 price tag doesn't bother me either. Thats what comics cost anymore. Except for Casanova and Fell, but they're special...

So, thoughts?

Re: Countdown - Speculation untill NYCC

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Part of me would love to see the utter destrcution of the DCU and a massive inline reboot, bringing WSU, DCU and Vertigo all into a shared multiverse.

It looks like I'm going to get a good part of my wish.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to it. Part of me would love to see the utter destrcution of the DCU and a massive inline reboot, bringing WSU, DCU and Vertigo all into a shared multiverse.

It looks like I'm going to get a good part of my wish.

I want Vertigo to be left out of it.

But, I'd totally be down for a complete reboot of continuity of the DCU and Wildstorm, with the sharing the same multiverse. It might actually get me to buy DC comics again. . .especially with all the crap that's going on in Marvel nowadays. :roll:

Vertigo needs to be left out of it, completely. IT's a fine universe by itself, and doesn't need to be dragged, kicking and screaming I might add, to the complexity and crapity of the DC universe.

I'd kill DiDio

Vertigo needs to be left out of it, completely. IT's a fine universe by itself, and doesn't need to be dragged, kicking and screaming I might add, to the complexity and crapity of the DC universe.

I'd kill DiDio

Don't forget, Vertigo has been part of the DCU since it's inception, it's only been since Identity Crisis that it's been removed. The Powers That Be had to remove it or the Infitite Crisis and Day of Vengeance would have been moot, had there been entities like the Endless that could and WOULD have stopped it with a thought.

I want Vertigo to be left out of it.

But, I'd totally be down for a complete reboot of continuity of the DCU and Wildstorm, with the sharing the same multiverse. It might actually get me to buy DC comics again. . .especially with all the crap that's going on in Marvel nowadays. :roll:

Well, the WSU has already been rebooted, and with recent events in Ion, it looks like the Snowflake/Bleed Muiltiverse with be the new status quo.

I'd be fine with Vertigo moving into the DCU, as long as it was just the previous DC characters like Swamp Thing, Constantine and Animal Man doing so. I want my Fables and Y and all the other original stuff kept separate.

I'd be fine with Vertigo moving into the DCU, as long as it was just the previous DC characters like Swamp Thing, Constantine and Animal Man doing so. I want my Fables and Y and all the other original stuff kept separate.

I agree totally with you, Fables and Y don't really fit into the grand scheme of Vertigo anyway.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Although, i wouldn't mind Constantine/Lucifer/Sandman, etc, all being separate from the DCU.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Although, i wouldn't mind Constantine/Lucifer/Sandman, etc, all being separate from the DCU.

Well Sandman isn't separate now. The Sandman characters showed up a decent bit in JSA over the years, and Daniel himself was in a JLA arc.

I really want DC to focus on known talent that needs exposure. The palmiotti/gray team, Mckeever, people like that for this.

Could a mod please retitle this "Countdown Series Speculation"??

From the Giffen interview:

I think this is part of the cover for Week 50 of Countdown

coundown_50.jpg

...he took the signal watch...

Didn't Joker kill Jimmy in Kingdom Come? Along with the rest of the Daily Planet?

So, it's been confirmed. The Flash from the teaser image is Barry Allen. Red Robin is Jason Todd.

So, it's been confirmed. The Flash from the teaser image is Barry Allen. Red Robin is Jason Todd.

If you're talking about NYCC, I am afraid that Didio said nothing clear about either of their identities... the guy asked a multi-layered question, and asked both if the flash in the picture was barry allen and if Red Robin was jason todd. Didio accidentally said yes, but I overheard him later saying he was only spoiling Barry Allen.

And the fact is, it was definitely Barry Allen... He's the only one with Blue Eyes visable when he wears the suit.

Red Robin's identity is still up in the air.

If you're talking about NYCC, I am afraid that Didio said nothing clear about either of their identities... the guy asked a multi-layered question, and asked both if the flash in the picture was barry allen and if Red Robin was jason todd. Didio accidentally said yes, but I overheard him later saying he was only spoiling Barry Allen.

And the fact is, it was definitely Barry Allen... He's the only one with Blue Eyes visable when he wears the suit.

Red Robin's identity is still up in the air.

Damn you and your "being at New York Comic Con". A thousand curses.

So, according to an article in Wizard with an interview with Dini, Jimmy is not going to die, (though he will have a near-fatal encouter with the Joker) and will serve as the everyman viewpoint in Countdown, trying to find his role in the DC Universe.

My money's on him being the new Elongated Man.

Why would you need a new Elongated Man? I figured the whole reason he got killed off was because there's already Plastic Man and now Offspring.

So, according to an article in Wizard with an interview with Dini, Jimmy is not going to die, (though he will have a near-fatal encouter with the Joker) and will serve as the everyman viewpoint in Countdown, trying to find his role in the DC Universe.

My money's on him being the new Elongated Man.

Nuh-uh....

Watch out DC Universe! There's a new hero in town!
1027_4_053.jpg

Meanwhile!!!
1296_4_011.jpg

Elsewhere....
1027_4_007.jpg

JImmy Olsen has had a million different super powers over the years. Including a stretching ability. But I don't want to see him get any now. He's fine as the DCU Rick Jones.

Since Snapper Carr hasn't been around lately.

In fact, either has Rick Jones.

Well, somebody needs to be normal.

Latest posts

Back