Crossgender student runs for prom King

Actually, this is probably the most valid counter-argument out there.

oh please.

lets do a little rewind to desegregated schools forty years back:

"Hell, how would the prom queen think and feel if a black guy wins? Don't they have to slow-dance together and stuff? Think about the prom queen's feelings!"

I'm not trying to equate the civil rights movement to the gay rights movement (I acknowledge that they are very different)...

But small-minded bigotry is small-minded bigotry.

Who cares? It's Prom. I'm not even going to be allowed to go to my prom (or my graduation) and I really don't care. I don't see why people get so worked up on the subject.

Cause for some people, that will be the highlight of their life.

Which is sad

Just like the jocks in high school will have nothing after they leave high school either.

I can't imagine basing my entire life around prom. I've only really been to one dance before, and I was miserable the entire time I was there. It's just people moving while music plays. Really. That's all. Honestly, what's so great about it?

God, I hate people.

Some people are like that, they are groomed, and live their live thinking there's nothing beyond high school.

I hated my prom, and it was on a stupid boat, which served no purpose other than keep us there the entire time.

My date? HA! She simply came along because her boyfriend was going to be there with another girl. I had some fun dancing with other people, but for the most part I thought about how much I hated high school.

Actually, this is probably the most valid counter-argument out there.

Indeed. It starts with what Cinthia "Tony" wants, but there's a much larger picture and likely a chain of events that will follow.

Yes, but what about those born without a clearly defined gender?

Hermaphrodites? Well this would be an entirely different story if Cinthia was a hermaphrodite and not a crossgender.

PS: since when is compassion a bad thing by the way?

Ehh, maybe you're right... hey! We could start with Hitler. He wasn't just a genocidal megalomaniac, he was also a painter, a writer, and a very charming fellow.

Let me ask you an honest question... she considers herself a man, so would you date "him"? If not, then what if after she got a sex change? (which will probably happen.)

Yeah, but... what's bigotry? The fact that said prom queen might feel uneasy? That's a lot of crap. Why should we force a girl who probably wants the picture perfect scenerio here to be completely happy if it all goes to **** in her eyes?

Exactly. How can we only take the wants of a single individual over the wants of well over a half a school?

Last edited:
Who cares? It's Prom. I'm not even going to be allowed to go to my prom (or my graduation) and I really don't care. I don't see why people get so worked up on the subject.

I never went to any school dances except my senior prom, and we left early. It was a waste of time and money.

I only went to my Senior Prom. And that was paid for by selling in the fundraisers. I only paid for the rented tux, which was just $50. Woo.

I only went to my Senior Prom. And that was paid for by selling in the fundraisers. I only paid for the rented tux, which was just $50. Woo.
Tightwad.

I dunno. I had fun at my prom-thing. It wasn't a huge deal for everyone, but some people were excited and had fun, some people were bored and didn't. It was no huuuuuuuuuuuuge deal, but everyone went and 90% of people had a good time.

As for Cinthia/Tony...aren't these things just voted for? I mean, its pretty cool that they got nominated in the first place, but if they're the seventh nominee, it seems unlikely that they're going to win.

Tightwad.

I dunno. I had fun at my prom-thing. It wasn't a huge deal for everyone, but some people were excited and had fun, some people were bored and didn't. It was no huuuuuuuuuuuuge deal, but everyone went and 90% of people had a good time.

As for Cinthia/Tony...aren't these things just voted for? I mean, its pretty cool that they got nominated in the first place, but if they're the seventh nominee, it seems unlikely that they're going to win.

Yeah pretty much. Like I also said before, you don't have to dance with the Prom King either. I know lots of girls that danced with their dates instead of the King.

Indeed. It starts with what Cinthia "Tony" wants, but there's a much larger picture and likely a chain of events that will follow.

What exactly? I don't see what wrongs could get off Tony being Prom King

Ehh, maybe you're right... hey! We could start with Hitler. He wasn't just a genocidal megalomaniac, he was also a painter, a writer, and a very charming fellow.

Yes I agree, because being a crossgender is as bad as killing thousands of people and starting a world war.

Let me ask you an honest question... she considers herself a man, so would you date "him"? If not, then what if after she got a sex change? (which will probably happen.)

I'ts not because you are gay that you will go after every man, they do have tastes. And she became a man, probably because she wanted to go out with girls and do man's stuff. If she wanted to date men I don't think she would crossgender.

Exactly. How can we only take the wants of a single individual over the wants of well over a half a school?

Just because half a school (If this much are really against him) don't want, doesn't mean it's wrong. Let's take the example of Hittler and we will see the majority are not always right.

It depends on who they are. Im not going to make an all-inclusive statement one way or the other. I have met many very very attractive ftm transexuals (many whom I'd bet you wouldn't be able to pick out of a crowd of old-fashioned men), and i've met many very unattractive ftm transexuals... It also depends on things like personality, and whether or not I could see myself in a longterm relationship with them.

I'd certainly dance with them.

What my final word on this is going to be is that Tony has every right to run for Prom King. Doesn't mean he'll win. Doesn't mean he'll lose, and I don't think that this should be a huge deal. The Prom Queen also has every right to choose not to dance with him if she chooses not to.

But honestly, in my experience the football players and cheerleaders -aren't- the ones who get voted King and Queen anymore. Its the most open, friendly people... I don't want to say popular because of the negative connotations... But i've never seen a dumb Jock win Prom King, and i've been to a few proms.

If Tony wins, people like Tony at his school, and chances are, if he's a likable guy, she'll be fine dancing with him.

Its her parents who will probably freak out.

Last edited:
oh please.

lets do a little rewind to desegregated schools forty years back:

"Hell, how would the prom queen think and feel if a black guy wins? Don't they have to slow-dance together and stuff? Think about the prom queen's feelings!"

Ok if the roles were reversed and a some dude who crossed dressed ran for prom queen and actually won and I was the prom king I'd be pretty pissed. I'm expecting to slow dance with some hawt chick not some dude in a wig.
That make me a bigot?

See for yourself:

Orson%20Scott%20Bastard.jpg

(I have been waiting for the right moment to pull this back out for WEEKS)

Latest posts

Back