Crossgender student runs for prom King

I think America's becoming mind-numbingly liberal. A prom king is a born man, and a prom queen is a born woman.

Hell, how would the prom queen think and feel if "Tony" wins? Don't they have to slow-dance together and stuff? Think about the prom queen's feelings!
*pictures a butch chick in a suit dancing with a chick in a dress* I like where this is going...
They're spoiled sports themselves. There's no reason not to at least start the song off with the Prom King and Queen together.
Or, you know, it could be that the prom king and queen don't especially like each other and would rather not spend time with the other person. Even factoring out the boyfriend/girlfriend thing, most if not all schools vote for the two separately. So you can theoretically end up with two people who hate each others' guts as the King and Queen. If I were in their position, I'd rather dance with the person I brought too.
Ok if the roles were reversed and a some dude who crossed dressed ran for prom queen and actually won and I was the prom king I'd be pretty pissed. I'm expecting to slow dance with some hawt chick not some dude in a wig.
That make me a bigot?
Yes. Yes it does. Chances are, though, if the person was hot enough to win prom queen? You probably wouldn't care. ^_^

Also, chances are it's not a "dude in a wig". You've been watching too much Maury, kiddo. A lot of transgenders live just like their preferred sex... meaning you'd likely be dancing with a very effeminate man with long hair who probably would look better in a dress than half the girls at my high school.

Last edited:
My bad, my bad.

I got confused, I guess.

I saw it somewhere linked to the Fresno bee site. I didn't take the time to read it all, I just figured it was the same person. It was actually about a transgender person named Johnny who won prom queen. Tony is mentioned in the article as well.

Link

Sorry about the mixup.

Oh why? By being a generally friendly person?

Or was it that vast liberal conspiracy?

It could be that it was such a media circus that he kind of had to win. I've got no problem with people who are transgendered, and I'd like to see a time when they have equal opportunities to win things like this, but with the amount of publicity the whole thing got, there's no way he wasn't going to win.

Besides which, Prom King is a serious position. How do we know Tony has the divine right to properly govern the Prom?

It could be that it was such a media circus that he kind of had to win. I've got no problem with people who are transgendered, and I'd like to see a time when they have equal opportunities to win things like this, but with the amount of publicity the whole thing got, there's no way he wasn't going to win.

Besides which, Prom King is a serious position. How do we know Tony has the divine right to properly govern the Prom?

Tony lost...she is not the prom King.

Johnny won with very little publicity and is now prom queen.

When I was a Junior, the Senior class nominated a guy who was mentally challenged. Not as a joke or anything but because he was a cool guy and always helped out the football team and stuff. He ended up winning and got to dance with a hot chick. He was stoked, for sure, while she wasn't too happy about it. What a *****.

Why be worried that Prom Kings have to dance with dudes and Prom Queens have to dance with girls? Come on, there is only one prom king and queen per year right? Odds are it won't be you. If it is you just suck it up. It might not be your first choice of partners, and you might not enjoy it as much because it's not some beautiful girl, but it might mean the world to the person your so opposed to dancing with.

Spending five minutes of your life doing something you hate, is not so bad if it makes someone else feel awesome. There are limits to that of course, but a dance shouldn't be that big a deal.

Latest posts

Back