Cult movies

The other day I was flipping around late at night and I found a Japanese movie from 1969 that may very well have scarred me for life, called "Blind Beast". Here is detailed description of the plot, so that you may share in my terror and confirm that I did not just imagine this as a part of some psychotic delusion:

There's a girl, a model to be exact, who poses for racy photos and whatnot and has all the boys swooning over her. This model is kidnapped by a blind sculptor named Michio. He takes her back to his "studio" and tells her the story of his painful life ofridicule and how he has been rejected by women and society in general for being blind. His studio is in a huge warehouse, and when this scene begins it's completely dark except for Michio's flashlight shining on the model as she backs away from him along the walls. But the walls are covered in sculptures of various body parts. There's one wall for eyes, one wall for ears, walls for legs and arms, and of course, a wall for teh boobeez. Yes, giant boobs sticking out of the walls. And that isn't even the wierdest part. He tells her that - as he is unable to appreciate the visual arts - he is trying to pioneer the "art of touching". He worked as a massuess (That's horribly misspelled, I think) and "memorized" the shapes and textures of the bodies of the women he massaged and reproduced them perfectly in the forms of the sculptures that protrude from his walls so creepily. He has been stalking the model and now he has kidnapped her so that he can make a sculpture of her, his masterpiece.

When Michio switches on the lights, we see that the floor of the studio is taken up mostly by two massive, soft statues of naked women. When the model refuses to pose for Michio he chases her down and locks her in the studio. Michio lives in an adjacent room with his old mother who fully supports his creepy aspirations. By day, Michio feels up the model and then works on molding this life-sized statue of her. When the model realizes that she can't easily escape, she begins to seduce the sculptor, who has never even kissed a woman before. Michio's mother objects, saying that the girl is just trying to manipulate him. But no, Michio thinks that the model loves him and the model keeps saying that his mother is just jealous. Mom gets so fed up that she wakes up the model in the middle of the night and tries to kick her out. Michio wakes up and gets super-pissed. A long, drawn-out argument ensues that climaxes with the mother attacking the model and trying to kill her. Michio pushes his mom off of her and she conveniantly smacks her head into the wall and dies. As Michio grieves over his dead mother, the model attempts to escape, but Michio hears her and is angered to learn that she really had been fooling him. In anger, he attacks her and rapes her.

In a moment that tells you that this movie was clearly written by a dude with a bad streak of misoginy, Michio rapes the model enough times that she "grows to love him". And soon enough, all they do is stay in the studio in the dark and **** like rabbits. The model starts to get what Michio was talking about with all this "touching" stuff and even begins to lose her own sight. The two of them become so obsessed with sensation that they start inflicting pain on each other: biting, whipping, beating, cutting. Eventually, it gets to the point they're beaten so badly and have last so much blood that they can barely walk and are beginning to die. The model says that if she dies, she wants to die in the most extreme, painful way imaginable. She tells Michio that she wants him to hack off her arms and legs. He gets a big old cleaver and a hammer and obliges her. Completely limbless, she dies. Then Michio impales himself on the cleaver and falls over dead on top of her.

End of movie.

I'm so sorry that I decided to tell you guys this. I'm going to start looking up some psychiatrists right now.
Not really a cult movie, but an art house movie, Matthew Barney (Bjork's husband) made a series of films called the Cremaster Cycle. . . I just watched Cremaster 4 (the first one), most of it anyway since it was partially taken down for content, on Youtube. I've been wanting to see these for years and missed out when they were shown in Chicago last, about four years ago, and they're not available on DVD.

Anyhow. . . if you ever want to watch a movie all about balls, this is the one for you.
*runs wildly out the door in search of film*

Last edited:
I've been watching all of these old exploitation film trailers... they have some awesome lines.

"Blacula: Dracula's soul brother."

"He's been a man since he was a kid."

"Blood farmers: they plant the living and harvest the dead!"

I've been watching all of these old exploitation film trailers... they have some awesome lines.

"Blacula: Dracula's soul brother."

"He's been a man since he was a kid."

"Blood farmers: they plant the living and harvest the dead!"

blaxploitation was great

I just watched Easy Rider. Jack Nicholson 38 years younger scares me.

I just watched Easy Rider. Jack Nicholson 38 years younger scares me.

my dad used to love this film. he even let me watch it when i was a kid but i thought it was boring. oh except "if ya wanna be a birrrrrrrrdddddd" yeah that bit was funny

blaxploitation was great

Yeah, tomorrow night I'm going to watch the original Shaft. Should be fun.

And tonight I'm taping some giant ant movie. This should also be fun.

It wouldn't be THEM! would it?

My math teacher this past year let us watch THEM! whenever he finished the day's lesson early. He wanted us to know that if ants really could grow to be that large, their feet would not be able to support them -- size changes, see? Math related! :)

So... I was wrong?

No, I was just saying the story you read was written by HG Wells. I haven't watched the movie yet.

And Planet-man, I called it "Cult movies" so we could discuss everything from the obscure B-movies to the exploitation movies to the cult hits.

Latest posts

Back