Daredevil News

Do you read Daredevil?/Do you want Daredevil in the Ultimate Universe?

• Total voters
And nothing in the future takes place in continuity. Ever. It will never ever work out that way unless its a self-contaned creator owned series.

I'll prolly check out DDMAX

I think the point of MAX is to cover the REALLY bad **** the Kingpin would be up to... Plus I bet they blur DD's morality to make him more inclined to leave someone to die. Not saying this is a good thing, but I do think that's what's going to happen... Love for them to play up the catholic imagery too... I feel that's been lacking lately, and I think its one of DD's more interesting facets.

Maybe MAX Karen's still alive. Shooting up heroin and all that fun stuff.

I just hope it takes place in the MAXverse with The Punisher, and that version of Fury... I'd love to see street characters interact with less boundaries against someone who has done all sorts of bad ****.

I always figured MAX Punisher was in continuity. Wasn't the first arc where Microchip died? Because that's been referenced in Handbooks and in Punisher War Journal.

Plus, Alias and The Hood are in continuity, so it's not unprecedented.

Oh, and no future stories are cannon. No way, no how.

BTW, I'm a Legend now. Eat it, *****es.

Well, I don't like the idea of someone trying to say that a story about the end of a character is in continuity even though we know the character's going to be around for the foreseeable future. The only way I'd like it is if Daredevil just stopped after, and then I'd be pissed cause I wasn't getting my hornhead fix.

I guess it boils down to Don't say its the last story unless its the last story. And its not.

It's not like it's in continuity as the arc after Brubaker's run. It's in continuity as the final story set way in the future. Personally I think non-cannon "End" stories are completely pointless.

Canon, not Cannon.

Cannons blow **** up. Canon means what fits within the accepted line of works. Most commonly used in biblical studies... Non-canon works are apocryphal...

Of course the future stories should be held up as canonical, but in no way should those future stories shape the future of that title.

I think the point of MAX is to cover the REALLY bad **** the Kingpin would be up to... Plus I bet they blur DD's morality to make him more inclined to leave someone to die. Not saying this is a good thing, but I do think that's what's going to happen... Love for them to play up the catholic imagery too... I feel that's been lacking lately, and I think its one of DD's more interesting facets.

Maybe MAX Karen's still alive. Shooting up heroin and all that fun stuff.

Now THAT could be great. I hope that's what it is.

As weird of an idea as it sounds, I do think there were a few points during Bendis's run on DD that could have been MAXed.

Newsarama has started a series of interviews with the entire team behind Daredevil, starting with Editor Warren Simons, found HERE.

Many things in this made me happy. 15 issues in a row of being on time, the announcements of Daredevil and Iron Fist annuals, and this bit on the artists for DD #100

ohn Romita Sr! John Romita Sr! John Romita Sr!!!! Gene Colan! Gene Colan!! Gene Colan!!! Alex Maleev returns to DD! Our absolutely brilliant cover artist, Marko Djurdjevic, is going to do some interior work! Look at this cover for # 100!!!!!!! Look at this freaking cover!!! And Lee Bermejo! Lee Bermejo!

They all join Mr. Lark in an issue is going to kick some serious, serious ***…

And the cover for DD#100...

DAREDEVIL_100_WRAPAROUND_FI.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome.

I wish they would go back to the old numbering though. For all books, actually.

Okay so can we ID everyone in that cover:

It seems to me to be like this:

Villains: Kingpin, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, Owl, Tombstone, Purple Man, Gladiator and a whole mess of hand Ninjas.

Heroes: DD, Spidey, Black Widow, Elektra, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Anyone missing?

Also it seems to be symbolic cover more than anything else: Kingpin is in Europe, Bullseye is with the T-bolts, Black widow is pro reg, so she wouldn't work with the other heroes...etc.

Just curious, does anyone know when the Daredevil Vol. 7 HC is expected to come out? I LOVED 1-6, own them all in HC, and would really like the next chapter...

Just curious, does anyone know when the Daredevil Vol. 7 HC is expected to come out? I LOVED 1-6, own them all in HC, and would really like the next chapter...

I wish I knew. I have whatever will be in there in singles but I've got this nice DD collection going in my library, I'd really like another HC for reading...

Brubaker in the Daredevil interview series over at Newsarama.

NRAMA: In choosing the (apparent) villain for this arc, the Gladiator - what went into it? Why did the Gladiator win out over anyone else, even a skell created specifically for the story?

B: Oh…well, Gladiator isn't the villain of the arc, not at all... sorry.

NRAMA: Yeah…but…

EB: But anything more than that would be spoilering, sorry.

Latest posts

Back