Day of the Dead Remake...

The original day wasn't as good as Night or Dawn, but it and Land were still leagues better than most zombie films.

Oh this is so wrong... Day of the Dead is the best of the four movies. No arguments will be heard on this, its a fact. Best gore, best plot, best action, plus they grow marijuana.

lynx said:
there seems to be a cause of the outbreak (Which was never discovered in the Dead quadrilogy),

Actually each of the original dead movies does offer a cause for the outbreak. Off the top of my head, NOTLD says it was a radioactive spacecraft, Dawn says it was voodoo, and the original Day takes a more judeo-christian end times view on it (plus the general scientific take of crazy doctor Logan). None of the explanations were ever offered as fact, just specualtion by the characters, which is what I assume this movie will have also.

And FYI, the Night remake gave the spacecraft story, and the Dawn remake had the "no more room in hell" line, so it wouldn't be too out of place for Day to have an explanation attached to it. I mean, the entire original was devoted to scientists working to cure the disease, it would make sense to have some scientists in this one too.

Bub better be in this. And if theres no bunker, I'm switching to MWoF's side on this one.

Also. . .why have Ving Rhames in another "Dead" movie if you aren't going to tie him to the first one?

That's what I was thinking. When I saw his name listed on the credits, I had to check out the trailer to see if he would be reprising his role from the Dawn remake... which in my opinion is the best zombie film ever made.

I'm not going to write this one off, though. I loved the Dawn remake (as mentioned), but I thought the Land of the Dead remake was pure crap. I'll give this one a chance, because I love zombie movies.

Really I just wish that Kirkman would try to shop a Walking Dead film/HBO series around Hollywood.

Oh this is so wrong... Day of the Dead is the best of the four movies. No arguments will be heard on this, its a fact. Best gore, best plot, best action, plus they grow marijuana.

Stop trying to bait people by stating your opinion as fact and someone else's as wrong, and refusing to hear any arguments over it.

Actually each of the original dead movies does offer a cause for the outbreak. Off the top of my head, NOTLD says it was a radioactive spacecraft, Dawn says it was voodoo, and the original Day takes a more judeo-christian end times view on it (plus the general scientific take of crazy doctor Logan). None of the explanations were ever offered as fact, just specualtion by the characters, which is what I assume this movie will have also.

Bloody-disgusting.com has provided a synopsis that shows that there is, in fact, a cause given in this movie:
this is your typical zombie film, virus infects town, people start biting each other and a handfull of survivors trying to make it out of town alive. In this one the military is brought in to enforce a quarrantine on the small town of Leadsville, CO because of the mysterious virus. Once they realize it that the virus eventually makes people attack each other, it's too late, EXCEPT for few.[

A Virus in Leadsville, Colorado (no bunker). A Virus that sounds similar to Rage in 28 Days Later. I'm betting on this movie being a terrible 28 Days Later knockoff featuring worse acting, dialouge, plot, effects, and atmosphere, topped off with the name of one of the most popular zombie films and the label of a 'remake.'

Few people would see this or even talk about it if it were not for its use of the name and status as a remake, hence our anger at it.

Last edited:
Stop trying to bait people by stating your opinion as fact and someone else's as wrong, and refusing to hear any arguments over it.
It's not like he has someone in the room with him discussing different opinions on it. Realize that when people make comments they only can state it from their own biases. Judgement/Pre-judgement is a major characteristic that seperates human beings from other animals. So stop acting like people aren't flawed. If he thinks the thing sucks. Then to him it does. He lives in his world not yours.

It's not like he has someone in the room with him discussing different opinions on it. Realize that when people make comments they only can state it from their own biases. Judgement/Pre-judgement is a major characteristic that seperates human beings from other animals. So stop acting like people aren't flawed. If he thinks the thing sucks. Then to him it does. He lives in his world not yours.

I'm not entirely sure how you got the idea that I was blasting his opinion, but I'll say this anyhow...
If he thinks Day is the best, all the power to him. I wasn't irked about him saying he liked it the most, I was irked that he told me my opinion was wrong, and then refused to listen otherwise. I have no doubt you'd react in a similar manner if someone responded to you in such a way.

To stay on topic...

Is the poster that clearly ripped-off the Land poster official? Wikipedia states it as unconfirmed, but it is wikipedia, afterall.

Last edited:
Re: Day of the Dead News/Pre-release discussions

Are you guys smoking crack?! This looks like ****. And if you've ever seen the original Day, you have to walk away from this trailer wondering a very simple question...

Where the **** is the bunker that the entire movie should be taking place in?

It looks like garbage. At least Dawn of the Dead trailer looked good and lead into a good movie. I can't see this one taking off.

The original 'Day of the Dead' is considered the worst of George Romero's zombie series by the fans (even though I give that title to the original 'Dawn of the Dead'). This new 'Day of the Dead,' to me, has alot of promise; especially since it reminds me of Resident Evil... and the actual Resident Evil movies suck!

Last edited:

The original 'Day of the Dead' is considered the worst of George Romero's zombie series by the fans (even though I give that title to the original 'Dawn of the Dead'). This new 'Day of the Dead,' to me, has alot of promise; especially since it reminds me of Resident Evil... and the actual Resident Evil movies suck!

If any zombie movie was closer to the RE games it would probably blow Romero's films (not concept) out of the water. I would think that Land of the Dead is easily Romero's worst.

If any zombie movie was closer to the RE games it would probably blow Romero's films (not concept) out of the water. I would think that Land of the Dead is easily Romero's worst.

Yeah, I enjoyed Land, but it was the worst of the four.

And as far as Romeros worst... Monkey Shines?

Back