DC Animated Universe - Timeline (v2.0)

I know, bat i am someone Who Likes to have everything 100% in order so, that's on me .
Static Shock was hands down the hardest to figure out. You have to break production order a few times which is a pet peeve of mine. BTAS/TNBA are more of an anthology series like The Clone Wars so there isn't much chronology with those two. The rest follow production order as much as possible.

Static Shock was hands down the hardest to figure out. You have to break production order a few times which is a pet peeve of mine. BTAS/TNBA are more of an anthology series like The Clone Wars so there isn't much chronology with those two. The rest follow production order as much as possible.
Yes exactly.

The Batman: TAS stuff is the hardest for me, tbh. Since his history is so lengthy in the DCAU.

And no, I'm not considering adding those 600+ picture books that started from 2011 to now. To me, those are a different universe.

Skimmed through all 34 issues of "Justice League Adventures" plus glimpsed some at the Justice League Unlimited tie-in comics.

They're entirely non-canonical. The continuity is only consistent with the comic runs themselves, but completely contradict the DCAU for a whole host of reasons.

Maybe they're set in the Earth-12 of the comic multiverse...I guess. Another duplicate/similar universe like Batman 89 or Batman 66 in the comic and live-action multiverses.

I'll look into the Batman ones plus the Superman Adventures ones too, but those seem far more consistent with the DCAU continuity.

Skimmed through all 34 issues of "Justice League Adventures" plus glimpsed some at the Justice League Unlimited tie-in comics.

They're entirely non-canonical. The continuity is only consistent with the comic runs themselves, but completely contradict the DCAU for a whole host of reasons.

Maybe they're set in the Earth-12 of the comic multiverse...I guess. Another duplicate/similar universe like Batman 89 or Batman 66 in the comic and live-action multiverses.

I'll look into the Batman ones plus the Superman Adventures ones too, but those seem far more consistent with the DCAU continuity.
Just to be sure, this is what I have listed as being DCAU or similar in the DC Animated Multiverse Listing, it is mostly the DC Database list of apparitions of DCAU. No idea of what is canon and what's not.

Earth-508
Batman: The Animated Series
Season 1-4
Superman: The Animated Series Season 1-4
The New Batman Adventures Season 1-2
Batman Beyond Season 1-3
The Zeta Project Season 1-2
Static Shock Season 1-4
Justice League Season 1-2
Justice League Unlimited Season 1-3
Gotham Girls Season 1-2
Lobo Season 1
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman and Harley Quinn
Justice League vs. The Fatal Five

Adventures in the DC Universe Vol 1 [Non-canon, I think]
The Batgirl Adventures
Batman Adventures
Vol 1-2
Batman Adventures Annual #1-2
Batman Adventures Holiday Special
The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
[The animated adaptation took its place in canon, I guess]
Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
Batman: The Adventures Continue
Vol 1
The Batman Batman Adventures: The Lost Years Vol 1
The Batman and Robin Adventures Vol 1 [Non-canon, I think]
The Batman and Robin Adventures Annual #1-2
The Batman and Robin Adventures: SubZero
Batman Beyond
Vol 1-2, 4
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker [Probably an adaptation of the movie]
Batman Beyond Unlimited Vol 1
Batman Beyond Universe Vol 1
Batman: Gotham Adventures Vol 1
Batman: Harley and Ivy Vol 1
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie [Probably an adaptation of the movie]
Gotham Girls Vol 1
Justice League Adventures Vol 1 [Non-canon]
Justice League Infinity Vol 1
Justice League Unlimited Vol 1
Superman Adventures Vol 1
Superman Adventures: Titus Game Edition
Superman & Batman Magazine
Vol 1
(In am not sure about the canonicity of any of the following video games)
The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega/SNES)
Superman (Game Boy)
Superman (Nintendo 64)
Batman: Vengeance
Batman: Chaos in Gotham
Batman: Gotham City Racer
Justice League: Injustice For All
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Justice League: Chronicles
Superman: Countdown to Apokolips

View-Master Batman Animated VR
Batman: the Brave and the Bold
3x03 "Night of the Batmen!"
Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans (cameo)
Action Comics Vol 1 #975 "The Man in the Purple Hat" [Flashback, could also be Earth-12 of the Comic New-52 Multiverse]
My Adventures with Superman 1x07 "Kiss Kiss Fall in Portal" (cameo)

Just to be sure, this is what I have listed as being DCAU or similar in the DC Animated Multiverse Listing, it is mostly the DC Database list of apparitions of DCAU. No idea of what is canon and what's not.

Earth-508
Season 1-4
Superman: The Animated Series Season 1-4
The New Batman Adventures Season 1-2
Batman Beyond Season 1-3
The Zeta Project Season 1-2
Static Shock Season 1-4
Justice League Season 1-2
Justice League Unlimited Season 1-3
Gotham Girls Season 1-2
Lobo Season 1
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman and Harley Quinn
Justice League vs. The Fatal Five

Adventures in the DC Universe Vol 1 [Non-canon, I think]
The Batgirl Adventures
Batman Adventures
Vol 1-2
Batman Adventures Annual #1-2
Batman Adventures Holiday Special
The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
[The animated adaptation took its place in canon, I guess]
Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
Batman: The Adventures Continue
Vol 1
The Batman Batman Adventures: The Lost Years Vol 1
The Batman and Robin Adventures Vol 1 [Non-canon, I think]
The Batman and Robin Adventures Annual #1-2
The Batman and Robin Adventures: SubZero
Batman Beyond
Vol 1-2 (SELFISHMISERY EDIT NOTE: Volume 4 is NOT canon)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker [Probably an adaptation of the movie]
Batman Beyond Unlimited Vol 1
Batman Beyond Universe Vol 1

Batman: Gotham Adventures Vol 1
Batman: Harley and Ivy Vol 1
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie [Probably an adaptation of the movie]
Gotham Girls Vol 1
Justice League Adventures Vol 1 [Non-canon]
Justice League Infinity Vol 1
Justice League Unlimited Vol 1
Superman Adventures Vol 1
Superman Adventures: Titus Game Edition
Superman & Batman Magazine
Vol 1
(In am not sure about the canonicity of any of the following video games)
The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega/SNES)
Superman (Game Boy)
Superman (Nintendo 64)
Batman: Vengeance
Batman: Chaos in Gotham
Batman: Gotham City Racer
Justice League: Injustice For All
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Justice League: Chronicles
Superman: Countdown to Apokolips

View-Master Batman Animated VR
Batman: the Brave and the Bold
3x03 "Night of the Batmen!"
Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans (cameo)
Action Comics Vol 1 #975 "The Man in the Purple Hat" [Flashback, could also be Earth-12 of the Comic New-52 Multiverse]
My Adventures with Superman 1x07 "Kiss Kiss Fall in Portal" (cameo)
I've struck out from the top part what I can 100% confirm is non-canon.

HOWEVER, the eight JL mini-comics from Burger King I got off eBay a while back, I've read through - Ironically, those are canon it seems, unlike the actual JL tie-in comics.

Last edited:
One more promotional comic I need to read:
1696685346081.png

EDIT: It's archived here:

One more promotional comic I need to read:
View attachment 1274

EDIT: It's archived here:
Skimmed through this: It takes place in the Summer and it's the first encounter Tim Drake has with Poison Ivy.

I assume it's canon since nothing conflicts with the DCAU continuity.

It is Batman Beyond Vol 4 N52-Earth-12 (continuing Vol 3) or just non-Animated-Earth-508?

DCAU Zod's appearance in Superman Adventures is thankfully never mentioned when he shows up in JL Unlimited #34.
Superman never met him in the latter, which is clearly not the case in Superman Adventures.
Also, Zod is from Kandor in JLU's comic as opposed to Argo from Superman Adventures.

So the Superman Adventures comic run, thus far, is still canon.

Last edited:
There is a way for "Batman and Harley Quinn" to be canon if you take into account this is after the Joker is dead via the "Joker Junior" incident and Harley was seen alive not long after those events.

There's something in the tie-in comics for that film that creates a problem with that idea... Joker is alive and arrested by the GCPD by the time she calls it quits with Joker in issue 1. BUT I wouldn't have it past Joker to brainwash Harley into staying with him once more; especially since he tried to do that with Tim Drake, thus solely putting Issue 1 before the "Return of the Joker" flashbacks. Then, after Joker dies and Harley climbs out of that hole (literally) she returns to her reformed mental state. Cue the events of the film and the other issues of the tie-in comic in which Joker does not show up in person (There's the kicker!).

Last edited:
There is a way for "Batman and Harley Quinn" to be canon if you take into account this is after the Joker is dead via the "Joker Junior" incident and Harley was seen alive not long after those events.

There's something in the tie-in comics for that film that creates a problem with that idea... Joker is alive and arrested by the GCPD by the time she calls it quits with Joker in issue 1. BUT I wouldn't have it past Joker to brainwash Harley into staying with him once more; especially since he tried to do that with Tim Drake, thus solely putting Issue 1 before the "Return of the Joker" flashbacks. Then, after Joker dies and Harley climbs out of that hole (literally) she returns to her reformed mental state. Cue the events of the film and the other issues of the tie-in comic in which Joker does not show up in person (There's the kicker!).
Adding to this: The tie-in comics completely dance around any mention of the Joker after the first few pages of the first issue. Looking at the page after Harley is taken by Ivy after Joker's arrest, Harley is clearly in a daze and doesn't know where she's at after waking up in Ivy's greenhouse "home" 24 hours later. You could assume the "Joker Junior" incident and the hypothetical "brainwashing"/surviving-the-fall happened with Harley within that time frame. How that got past Ivy, well...Joker finds a way. That's my best theory in regards to that.

But also bear in mind, the writers confirmed long ago that Harley survived the fall shortly before Joker's death because of Ivy's help (plant regeneration mumbo-jumbo basically). It adds up, but it's very adjacent canon you gotta piece together yourself.

Adding to this: The tie-in comics completely dance around any mention of the Joker after the first few pages of the first issue. Looking at the page after Harley is taken by Ivy after Joker's arrest, Harley is clearly in a daze and doesn't know where she's at after waking up in Ivy's greenhouse "home" 24 hours later. You could assume the "Joker Junior" incident and the hypothetical "brainwashing"/surviving-the-fall happened with Harley within that time frame. How that got past Ivy, well...Joker finds a way. That's my best theory in regards to that.

But also bear in mind, the writers confirmed long ago that Harley survived the fall shortly before Joker's death because of Ivy's help (plant regeneration mumbo-jumbo basically). It adds up, but it's very adjacent canon you gotta piece together yourself.
But doesn't Barbara mention in Return of the Joker that they never heard again about Harley after the Joker Junior Incident? I am not sure, it has been years since I watched the movie.

Latest posts

Back