DC Animated Universe - Timeline (v2.0)

I still stand by the brainwashing thing the Joker could have done to Harley to have a "helping hand" in Tim Drake's brainwashing.
So maybe that made the events of BaHQ happen earlier?

Okay I bumped up the events of the "Joker Junior" flashbacks up a year.
Joker dies in 2010, but it's shortly after Harley finds a way to get away from him on her own.

Reminder: Harley Quinn and Batman: The Last Laugh is the "5-issue" story told in chapters; should have clarified I meant the 1st chapter was Ivy saving Harley from the GCPD after Joker's arrest. (And the end of that "5-issue/chapter" story is a one year time jump.)

I still stand by the brainwashing thing the Joker could have done to Harley to have a "helping hand" in Tim Drake's brainwashing.
So maybe that made the events of BaHQ happen earlier?
So are you just going to play with the timeline and speculative theories about Harley being brainwashed just to avoid the implication that Harley is just stupid and after rehabilitating herself in BaHQ returned voluntarly to Joker?

So are you just going to play with the timeline and speculative theories about Harley being brainwashed just to avoid the implication that Harley is just stupid and after rehabilitating herself in BaHQ returned voluntarly to Joker?
Excuse me? Are you offended by this ONE thing I'm stuck on? Believe it or not, figuring out the placement for the HQ movie is the most difficult part I've ran into thus far.

I'm trying to make sense of how this works out. If Harley is just gullible enough to succumb to her attachment to "Mista J" again, sure. Let's go with that.

Whatever you do, DO NOT assume I'm going to be hypothetical with this timeline and "ruin" it for you.

I apologize for sounding angry, but the way you worded that got under my skin...I know what I'm doing, don't assume the worst about how I'm going about this. I lost so many hours to this and I'm being as respectful and accurate as I possibly can.

Last edited:
Excuse me? Are you offended by this ONE thing I'm stuck on? Believe it or not, figuring out the placement for the HQ movie is the most difficult part I've ran into thus far.

I'm trying to make sense of how this works out. If Harley is just gullible enough to succumb to her attachment to "Mista J" again, sure. Let's go with that.

Whatever you do, DO NOT assume I'm going to be hypothetical with this timeline and "ruin" it for you.

I apologize for sounding angry, but the way you worded that got under my skin...I know what I'm doing, don't assume the worst about how I'm going about this.
I am sorry if I sounded angry. But calm down, I didn't say anything about you "ruining" the timeline for me. It just seemed to me a little weird compared to the logic way that you have done the things just until that point.

Mr. @selfishmisery did you did some research on Batman the Lost years? Curious if the comic Will be in the timeline since the plot seems to be Canon but there are some design discrepancies (Batman and Robin's costumes). I found online that some of the guys says that the error Is on the TNBA cartoon part and not from the comics. I Just wanted to hear your opinion since your timeline Is the most logical One at the Moment.

I apologize for sounding angry, but the way you worded that got under my skin...I know what I'm doing, don't assume the worst about how I'm going about this. I lost so many hours to this and I'm being as respectful and accurate as I possibly can.
I am sorry if I sounded angry. But calm down, I didn't say anything about you "ruining" the timeline for me. It just seemed to me a little weird compared to the logic way that you have done the things just until that point.
Sorry about last night...been insanely busy with multiple things. I'm not used to hearing certain things under a lot of stress.

Mr. @selfishmisery did you did some research on Batman the Lost years? Curious if the comic Will be in the timeline since the plot seems to be Canon but there are some design discrepancies (Batman and Robin's costumes). I found online that some of the guys says that the error Is on the TNBA cartoon part and not from the comics. I Just wanted to hear your opinion since your timeline Is the most logical One at the Moment.
I'll look into it later.

It's fascinating how well the final few issues of the final "Batman Adventures (Volume 2)" comic run overlap with what's showcased in the Harley Quinn and Batman: The Last Laugh comic chapters, but pre-Joker Junior flashbacks.

For example, Mr Freeze is in a Arkham cell in HQaB:TLL, previously in the animated series he escaped at one point and by the time of Batman Beyond they create this big story gap for Mr Freeze that implies "Wayne-Powers" corporations got custody of his head. Well, he gets caught again regardless so how he ends up in Arkham because he'll escape again, cue the events of Batman Adventures #15 where his body explodes and his head sinks to the arctic circle waters...which one of the writers confirmed on the defunct-Toonzone forums they had an excised moment in the script that Wayne-Powers found his head in the waters immediately afterwords.

It lines up in some weirdly convenient way, for other reasons too (i.e. Killer Croc around all these events + Joker/Ivy/Harley's relationship). I'll create a "reasoning" document later on in the progress.

Last edited:
DC Universe Infinite (which I recently signed up for) has the 90s "Batman Adventures" comic run listed as "THE Batman Adventures" so when I get to adding the 90s run, I'll add the "The" to it to distinguish it from the 2nd volume.

So Superman Adventures looks canon? Including #30 and #31 and its alternate universe with evil kriptonians?

So Superman Adventures looks canon? Including #30 and #31 and its alternate universe with evil kriptonians?
It takes place in 1999 per the gravestones of alternate Martha and Jonathan Kent being 1998 and said to have occured last year. It mentions Supergirl too.

So yes, its canon.

Weirdly, Superman Adventures #2 creates a continuity issue with Metallo...but also fixes it in the same issue since he still ends up going into the sea on both occasions (here and "A New Way of the Flesh"; the latter set prior to this comic issue). The comic implies the helicopter that ran into him blows up and knocks him into the sea, which sets up him appearing again in Season 2 episode "Action Figures"; alluding to that prior event being last year.

What Is the claritic allergic special?
It's some mini promotional comic that came with soup, IIRC.
Thankful the product placement is not at all overt and just mentions Tim Drake getting hay fever (for it "being that time of the season") + it's his first meeting with Poison Ivy.

It fits.

Oh Just thought about the ghotam girls and Lobo webseries Will be taken as Canon or they Will go on the cartoonish and out of charachter non-canon stuff?

Oh Just thought about the ghotam girls and Lobo webseries Will be taken as Canon or they Will go on the cartoonish and out of charachter non-canon stuff?
My main rule is that has to be at least adjacent to the DCAU and not conflict with continuity to an impossible degree.

By "cartoonish" I'm talking "Muhhahaha! I will rule the world for I am Mr. Freeze!". Character related cartoonishness.

Holy crap, that Red Hood arc of "Batman: The Adventures Continue" really complicated things.

As for the rearranged order, a lot of it is due to the Mr Freeze and Nora kerfuffle.
She's dead in the aforementioned series. Which means a few things:
1.) In order to keep the "Batman Adventures" (2000s) comic run canon, I'll have to ignore the fact that while Mr Freeze's head was going to be found by "Wayne-Powers" in the original script - that one page was still cut from the story and thus the page itself can't be considered canon. So Victor found his way out of that somehow...
2.) Batman Adventures #15 ends with Nora searching for her husband in the arctic. I assume that didn't help her cure, the illness came back and it killed her; as we see her dead in the "White Christmas" story of the Holiday Special comic.
3.) Finally, Nora's dug up corpse is seen in Batman: The Adventures Continue, so it's the latest point of that whole storyline.
4.) Nothing in HQaB:TLL conflicts with the Nora ordeal. Mr. Freeze is just in a Arkham cell moping. I assume sometime after that he ended up in the custody of "Wayne-Powers" and they reconfigured him by the events of Batman Beyond.

And the Jason Todd Robin thing became complicated when Slade brought up 9/11 and the fact Tim Drake had finals he had to complete (which can occur in December of a school year.)

Phew. That was a rough one.

@Jozaca I'm trying to make sense of how this all works together chronologically.
If you have an issue with some of my reasoning, please elaborate?

BTW, Azrael even says in Batman: The Adventures Continue that Nora succumbed to her illness again.
I wasn't pulling that reasoning out of my behind.

Latest posts

Back