DC comics for November.

Friday

Are right HERE.

GOTHAM CENTRAL #37

Written by Greg Rucka, art by Steve Lieber, cover by Sean Phillips.

An Infinite Crisis tie-in guest-starring Captain Marvel with art by Steve Lieber. When a catastrophic cosmic event occurs over Gotham, the detectives discover just what being in over their heads really means! For Crispus Allen, it means trying to find his family.

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 9
I'm not sure how I like GC having an IC tie in...

ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1

Written by Grant Morrison, art and cover by Frank Quitely.

DC launches the newest addition to its All Star line of comics -- where the industry's top creative talents refine the iconic focus of the world's greatest super-heroes. Writer Grant Morrison and artist Frank Quitely -- the team behind JLA: Earth 2 -- are at it once again, this time to strip down the Man of Steel to his timeless, essential elements.

The series kicks off with a 12-issue story arc touching on all the classic aspects of the Superman mythology, starting with a daring rescue of a doomed group of helionauts on the surface of the sun. The massive amounts of solar radiation affect Superman in a way no one could possibly anticipate -- except Lex Luthor.

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Nov. 16.
Its got to be better than ASB&RtBW was.

HAWKMAN #46

Written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, art by Ron Randall, Art Thibert and Walden Wong, cover by Adam Kubert.
Hopefuly the Kubert covers will attract a few more readers. This is a good title, that constantly entertains me each month, and what more can we ask from a comic?

JLA #122

Written by Bob Harras, art by Tom Derenick and Dan Green, covers by Daniel Acuña.

"World Without a Justice League" Part 3 of 6! The Key has struck again! While half of what was the JLA investigates the bizarre murder scene, the other half looks to recruit a new member: Supergirl. But the entire group is called to action when OMACs appear on the scene.

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 9.
...the key... :D :D :D :D :D

JONAH HEX #1

Written by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti, art by Luke Ross, cover by Frank Quitely.

The saga of Jonah Hex -- the mysterious bounty hunter and thinking man's killer -- returns to the DCU in an all-new series penned by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti with amazing art by Luke Ross and a debut-issue cover by fan-favorite Frank Quitely. Saddle up and ride shotgun with the original bad man of the Wild West during an age of plunder, greed and lawlessness. When a millionaire's only son is kidnapped, Hex is called on to track down and recover the boy. But a simple missing person case turns into a hunt for vengeance as Hex unleashes his special brand of justice on the unsuspecting culprits.

32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 2.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: JONAH HEX VOL. 1 TP

Written by John Albano and Michael Fleischer, art by Tony DeZuniga, Doug Wildey, José Luís Garcia-López and others, cover by Luis Dominguez.

Witness the earliest adventures of DC's legendary gunslinger from All-Star Western #2-8 and #10-11, Weird Western Tales #12-14 and #16-33! Jonah Hex had no friends, but he did have two companions: death, and the acrid smell of gunsmoke.

528 pages, black and white, $16.99, in stores on Nov. 2.
It's Jonah Hex. Remember that Batman episode set in the old west? With Ras' Al'gul's bastard boy? Remember how good that was? Try this out.
OCEAN TP

Written by Warren Ellis, art by Chris Sprouse and Karl Story, cover by Michael Golden.

Collecting the mini-series. Lying beneath Europa's half-mile-thick mantle of shear ice is the only ocean in the solar system not on Earth. And within those cold waters could rest the key to life on Earth -- and quite possibly its extinction!

160 pages, $14.99, in stores on Nov. 30.
I love me some Ellis.

THE FOUNTAIN HC

Written by Darren Aronofsky, adapted by Kent Williams, art and cover by Williams.

Darren Aronofsky proved himself a filmmaker to watch with his provocative debut, Pi. His follow-up, Requiem for a Dream, continued the accolades, receiving Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations. His latest accomplishment, however, comes straight to comics in the form of The Fountain, a gorgeously painted, oversized original graphic novel about the timeless truths of life, love and death.

Working with acclaimed painter Kent Williams, The Fountain crisscrosses through three distinct time periods: 1535, during an ancient Mayan war; the present day, following one doctor's desperate search for the cure for cancer; and the far future through the vast exotic reaches of space. Interweaving these three periods, The Fountain follows Tomas -- warrior, doctor, explorer -- as he feverishly tries to beat death and prolong the life of the woman he loves.

A story so grand, one medium couldn't contain it, Aronofsky's feature film version of The Fountain will be released by New Regency and Warner Bros. Pictures, starring Tony Award-winning actor Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Van Helsing, The Boy from Oz) and acclaimed actress Rachel Weisz (Constantine, The Mummy, the upcoming The Constant Gardener). But before he did, the filmmaker wanted The Fountain to be realized the unique storytelling power and artistic beauty of the graphic novel. Together, Aronofsky and Williams deliver what might be considered the ultimate director's cut. This deluxe volume also features an afterword by Aronofsky. A softcover edition will be solicited in conjuction with the film's release.

176 pages, $39.99, in stores on Nov. 2.
I don't know if I'll be getting this or not, but its damn tempting...

Y: THE LAST MAN -- GIRL ON GIRL TP

Written by Brian K. Vaughan, art by Goran Sudzuka, Pia Guerra and Jose Marzan Jr., cover by Massimo Carnevale.

The saga of Yorick Brown, the last man on Earth, continues in the sixth volume collecting issues #32-36 of the hit Vertigo series. Yorick, Agent 355 and Dr. Mann ship out across the Pacific to Japan in pursuit of Yorick's stolen monkey Ampersand, whose innards may hold the key to mankind's future.

128 pages, $12.99, in stores on Nov. 23.
Whooo! They can't put these out fast enough for me. Now if only there was some way to get a monthly fix.... :p

I'm getting....

Batman #647
All Star Superman #1
Superman #223
Supergirl #4
Infinte Crisis #4
Birds Of Prey #88
Green Arrow #56
JLA #122
Day Of Vengeance TPB

I'll definitely be picking up All Star Superman.

Am I just blind or is there no All Star Batman listed?

Batman #647
Detective Comics #813
Nightwing #114
All Star Superman #1
Superman #223
Action Comics #833
Adventures Of Superman #646
Superman Secret Files 2005
Infinite Crisis #2
Green Lantern #7
Manhunter #16
Ex Machina #17

UltimateE said:

:shifty: You're right I didn't even notice.

I notice that the Days Of Veneange trades includes the Superman 3-Part prelude in it. I already have that. Suck.

Plus The Omac Project Trade includes Countdown, OP 1-6, and Wonder Woman 219 for only 15 bucks. I bought all those for 25.00 in comic form. I feel shafted.

UltimateE said:

Well, it's on a 6 week shipping schedule, so as long as we get one in September then theres not really a problem with that.

I'll probably pick up the All-Star titles in trades. Reading an interview with Morrison, it sounds like All-Star Superman is going to be fun.

Baxter said:
Well, it's on a 6 week shipping schedule, so as long as we get one in September then theres not really a problem with that.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that....thanks.

the Y trade not that hot, i picked up all ?5?, i think in singles after the whole arc was out, so don't be to exiticed, if you want to know more pm me..,

Nurhachi said:

Well that's Mature of you.

- My Pull List -
All Star Superman #1
Supergirl #4
Infinite Crisis #2
Birds of Prey #88
The Flash #228
Green Lantern #7
Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #3
JLA #122
JSA #79
Teen Titans #30
Teen Titans: The Future is Now TP
Ex Machina #17
Fables #43
Lucifer #68
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere #5
Y: The Last Man #39

Dr.Strangefate said:
Except for the whole, not being able to put out consistantly good books thing...
Not hating on DC, but they DO have their bad times just as much as Marvel does. There have even been times, and probably will be in the future, too, where they had MORE than Marvel.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Im so picking Nightwing, after his year one the comic just got better and better...
...okay, if you haven't read any of Graysons Nightwing I don't reccomend you start. Its just very, very bad.

And for fun, my pulls.

GOTHAM CENTRAL #37
NIGHTWING #114
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1
SUPERMAN/SHAZAM: FIRST THUNDER #3
INFINITE CRISIS #2
GREEN LANTERN #7
GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #3
HAWKMAN #46
JLA #122
JONAH HEX #1
JLA CLASSIFIED #14
JACK CROSS #4
JSA #79
JSA CLASSIFIED #5
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 1: TEENAGE REVOLUTION TP
SEVEN SOLDIERS: THE BULLETEER #1
SEVEN SOLDIERS: FRANKENSTEIN #1
TEEN TITANS: THE FUTURE IS NOW TP

CAPTAIN ATOM: ARMAGEDDON #2
DESOLATION JONES #4
OCEAN TP
THE WINTER MEN #4

DMZ #1
THE FOUNTAIN HC (maybe)
Y: THE LAST MAN -- GIRL ON GIRL TP

Baxter said:
...okay, if you haven't read any of Graysons Nightwing I don't reccomend you start. Its just very, very bad.

Post Year One, she got her act together.

Batman#647:Red Hood vs Nightwing? :D
Nightwing#114:And nobody would ever expect Deathstroke to double-cross them, that'd just be crazy.....
All-Star Supes#1:The title and team really do say it all.
Supergirl#4:They really should call this arc "Supergirl vs DC"
Infinite Crisis#2:They really are huge, aren't they?
GL#7:Hard Travelin' Heroes, hell yeah!
JLA#122:Wow thats a bad cover
Teen Titans#30:When are all these ressurections gonna get explained?!?!?!?
Wonder Woman#223:There go the eyeballs.....

And whats all this heading into space with Donna Troy malarky?

Last edited:
Johnny Bravo said:
Infinite Crisis#2:They really are huge, aren't they?

The Epic Stories? yeah, DC has a way of really getting everybody inv--

You weren't talking about the stories at all, were you?!

All Star Superman #1-Hell yeah
Infinite Crisis #2-Yep, they're freakin' huge...
Green Lantern Corp: Recharge #3
Ex Machina #17-I've been wanting to read this for a while and according to the solit, this is the "perfect jumping on point"...

Nurhachi said:

Marvel Sux.

How does that feel? :D

Latest posts

Back