DC Comics March 2006 Solicitations

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Mar06/DCMar05Solicits.html

:D :D :D :D :D

Highlights Being:

(looks like Jason Todd is the new Nightwing)
NightwingCv118-01.jpg

NIGHTWING #118
Written by Bruce Jones
Art by Joe Dodd & Bit
Cover by Jock
It’s One Year Later…and why is Nightwing hiding out in New York City? Spinning out the events of Infinite Crisis, new writer Bruce Jones (Vigilante, THE Warlord) is joined by the art team of Joe Dodd (Human Torch) & Bit (BATMAN: Gotham Knights) and cover artist Jock (BATMAN covers, THE LOSERS) to bring you a Nightwing like you’ve never seen before!
On sale March 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

(new Robin Costume kicks ***)
TeenTitansCv34.jpg


(There's a new Catwoman...)
CATWOMAN #53
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez & Alvaro Lopez
Cover by Adam Hughes
It’s One Year Later…and why is Selina Kyle no longer Catwoman? For that matter, why is she no longer named Selina Kyle? The new art team of David Lopez (FALLEN ANGEL, WONDER WOMAN) & Alvaro Lopez (Breach, Batgirl: Year One) joins series writer Will Pfeifer as the Catwoman you know is irrevocably changed, and a new member joins the cast — one that’s certain to shock you!
On sale March 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

A new Aquaman, a new Blue Beetle, Kandor is back in continuity, the Outsiders seem to be a vigilante Task Force, the Teen Titans have broken up to form The Teen Titans, Titans East, and a new Doom Patrol... and SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Ah! One Year Later! ITS COMING!
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
I'm at work, and the page isn't going to come up at all, so can someone tell me if the Johnny Q. mini starts this month by any chance?
 
Last edited:

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
I couldn't see it...

Yorrick finally reaches Japan!
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
2,126
Location
Dublin, Ireland
icemastertron said:
I'm at work, and the page isn't going to come up at all, so can someone tell me if the Johnny Q. mini starts this month by any chance?

Didnt notice it.

But what a motherload of hulluvahominahominahominahominaOMGholy****ouchicanfeelitinmywalletalready goodness.......here goes nothing:

Detective 817
Batman 651
Annual 25
Nightwing 118
AS Superman 3
Superman 650
Action Comics 837
Supergirl 7
Crisis 6
OMAC Special
Aquaman 40
Blue Beetle 1
Green Arrow 40
Green Lantern 10
Hawkgirl 50
Outsiders 34
Titans 34

........ouch
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
SUPERGIRL #7
Written by Greg Rucka
Art and cover by Ian Churchill
It’s one year later…and Kara and Power Girl have become the dynamic duo of the bottle city of Kandor as the new Flamebird and Nightwing! Don’t miss the debut of new series writer Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN, THE OMAC PROJECT) and artist Ian Churchill!
On sale March 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US


Power Girl?! As Nightwing?!
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
15,570
Location
Mormon Land.
Batman Annual #25
All Star Superman #3
Superman/Batman #25
Infinite Crisis #6
The Omac Project Special
Seven Soldiers Of Victory vol.2 TPB
Hellblazer #218
Hellblazer Papa Midnight TPB
Hellblazer Lady Constantine TPB


Because I am going to start getting everything in trades to save money I will be getting the following when they are released in trade form.


Batman #651
Detective Comics #817
Nightwing #118
Superman #650
Action Comics #837
Supergirl #7
Birds Of Prey #92
Blue Beetle #1
Green Arrow #60
Teen Titans #34


I'm hope that Jason Todd becomes Nightwing. From the look of the cover that will happen. Supergirl and Powergirl as Nightwing and Flamebird. WTF? Green Arrow becomes Mayor. That sounds interesting.
 
Last edited:

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
yo, i am alllllllll about the new robin costume. i have been thinking that the 2nd robin costume from the cartoon was perfect, and this costume is essentially that, but with pointy gloves and cape. it's awesome. it makes so much more sense, robins dont have any green in them!

jason todd as nightwing would be ... interesting, and would explain him being wanted for murder, but its dick grayson on the outsiders cover. unless jason todd grew his hair, and i dont think they'd have both characters look exactly the same.

yeah, looks like kal-el might be leaving. but kal-L will be on earth, so he'll be the new superman.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
iceman said:
jason todd as nightwing would be ... interesting, and would explain him being wanted for murder, but its dick grayson on the outsiders cover. unless jason todd grew his hair, and i dont think they'd have both characters look exactly the same.

Someone pointed out at Comic-Bloc that Jason has a cleft chin, like the image on the cover of the Outsiders, while Dick does not...

They've always looked alike, all the robins have, it helped keep the myth of there being a boy wonder alive, and now that Dick and Jason are older, their difference in age is hardly noticeable.

And keep in mind, they want to throw us off.

but read the solicit for the outsiders... Do you really think Dick would be okay with leading a group of Vigilantes?
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
ProjectX2 said:
Power Girl?! As Nightwing?!

In Nightwing:Year One they find out that the only superhero in Kryptonian history was the Night-Wing.

Clark is the one who gives Dick the name idea.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
DC is notorious for actually sticking with their changes in the long run, although sometimes certain changes will be retconned by a good story, they've never overidden the original Crisis entirely, and this new one is a perfect example of that.

I mean, if someone had suggested that there be a brand new Captain America, Spider-Man, and Wolverine at the end of House of M, do you honestly think we would have believed them?

The original crisis actually went so far as to wipe the original heroes from having ever existed, excluding a few.

They let everything be revamped, and now they're doing it again.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Dr.Strangefate said:
DC is notorious for actually sticking with their changes in the long run, although sometimes certain changes will be retconned by a good story, they've never overidden the original Crisis entirely, and this new one is a perfect example of that.

I mean, if someone had suggested that there be a brand new Captain America, Spider-Man, and Wolverine at the end of House of M, do you honestly think we would have believed them?

The original crisis actually went so far as to wipe the original heroes from having ever existed, excluding a few.

They let everything be revamped, and now they're doing it again.

I can buy that. But did the original Crisis wipe the original heroes from existance, or just make them their Earth's (Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3...) version of that hero? I thought it was the latter.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
DIrishB said:
I can buy that. But did the original Crisis wipe the original heroes from existance, or just make them their Earth's (Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3...) version of that hero? I thought it was the latter.

It made them a compilation of all the heroes of the earths the Anti-Monitor did not destroy.

The current Batman is a combo of the Earths 1 and 2 Bruce Waynes, as well as the batman duplicates on the other surviving worlds.

Superman hasn't been able to become a real solid hero since Kal-L (the original 1930's Supes) never merged with him.

I guarentee they merge by the end of this Crisis, allowing Supes to be a real hero (and Luthor to be a real villain, with all of the Luthors bouncing around the DCU)
 

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
Dr.Strangefate said:
Someone pointed out at Comic-Bloc that Jason has a cleft chin, like the image on the cover of the Outsiders, while Dick does not...

They've always looked alike, all the robins have, it helped keep the myth of there being a boy wonder alive, and now that Dick and Jason are older, their difference in age is hardly noticeable.

And keep in mind, they want to throw us off.

but read the solicit for the outsiders... Do you really think Dick would be okay with leading a group of Vigilantes?

I still think the only way to tell 2 characters apart in comic books is the haircut. right now Jasons isnt long and flowing.

though, if you want a good point for argument in the "Jason is Nightwing" discussion, use the knife in the nightwing cover. it's red hood's knife.

which i noticed after my first post, so yeah, i tmight be jason. but then where the hell would Dick go? I love him too much. Heh... I love Dick.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
iceman said:
which i noticed after my first post, so yeah, i tmight be jason. but then where the hell would Dick go? I love him too much. Heh... I love Dick.

Read all the batman solicits... It implies that there may be a new Batman.

Even if only temporarily.
 

iceman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
1,030
Dr.Strangefate said:
Read all the batman solicits... It implies that there may be a new Batman.

Even if only temporarily.


Please.....







I am Ugoff.

But seriously. C'mon. Let's not kid around. In the long run, Bruce will be Batman. Then where will Dick be.



EDIT: I just reread the Batman solicits. I don't see where it implies there will be a new Batman. The new character in Detective Comics will crossover with Batman.
 
Last edited:

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Dr.Strangefate said:
It made them a compilation of all the heroes of the earths the Anti-Monitor did not destroy.

The current Batman is a combo of the Earths 1 and 2 Bruce Waynes, as well as the batman duplicates on the other surviving worlds.

Superman hasn't been able to become a real solid hero since Kal-L (the original 1930's Supes) never merged with him.

I guarentee they merge by the end of this Crisis, allowing Supes to be a real hero (and Luthor to be a real villain, with all of the Luthors bouncing around the DCU)

I'm officially confused without being confused.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
iceman said:
EDIT: I just reread the Batman solicits. I don't see where it implies there will be a new Batman. The new character in Detective Comics will crossover with Batman.

Hrm, then I read them wrong.

I know I heard someone important say that Dick would be Batman for a year after IC, I don't know if that means during 52, or literally after the One Year Later deal...

But people are thinking he could be dead.

It could very well be what shakes Bruce out of his "i hate everybody" mood.
 

Latest posts

Top