DC Comics March 2006 Solicitations

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hrm, then I read them wrong.

I know I heard someone important say that Dick would be Batman for a year after IC, I don't know if that means during 52, or literally after the One Year Later deal...

But people are thinking he could be dead.

It could very well be what shakes Bruce out of his "i hate everybody" mood.

I think death is the only thing that'd shake Bruce out of that mood. Even that might not do it. If I could see anyone being a curmudgeon in the afterlife, its Bruce.

DIrishB said:
I think death is the only thing that'd shake Bruce out of that mood. Even that might not do it. If I could see anyone being a curmudgeon in the afterlife, its Bruce.

Well, I mean, it's not like they were foreshadowing anything by having the Batsignal shining directly on the Spectre's Chest...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Well, I mean, it's not like they were foreshadowing anything by having the Batsignal shining directly on the Spectre's Chest...

**** you. that will never happen. bruce wayne is batman. shut the **** up.

seriously. don't you ever talk like that ever again.

DIrishB said:
I missed that, seeing as I haven't read a DC comic since the Death of Superman.

Well, that's silly of you...

Mainstream DC beats 616 Marvel 9 times out of 10...

while with contemporary Vertigo and Wildstorm being what they are (aka, only 3 or four longstanding good titles), Max, Icon, and Ultimate Marvel beats out DC indefinitely.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Well, that's silly of you...

Mainstream DC beats 616 Marvel 9 times out of 10...

while with contemporary Vertigo and Wildstorm being what they are (aka, only 3 or four longstanding good titles), Max, Icon, and Ultimate Marvel beats out DC indefinitely.

Hence me not reading either DC or 616 Marvel. I'm an Ultimate purist, baby. I occasionally read other comics, but its about 99% Ultimate Marvel.

if i had a jillion dollars, i'd read DC.

bc its so interconnecting, which i love.

but that also means its expensive.

Dr.Strangefate said:
It made them a compilation of all the heroes of the earths the Anti-Monitor did not destroy.

The current Batman is a combo of the Earths 1 and 2 Bruce Waynes, as well as the batman duplicates on the other surviving worlds.

Superman hasn't been able to become a real solid hero since Kal-L (the original 1930's Supes) never merged with him.

I guarentee they merge by the end of this Crisis, allowing Supes to be a real hero (and Luthor to be a real villain, with all of the Luthors bouncing around the DCU)

Not to sound like I'm starting a fight, because I totally am not - but to imply that this is the same as if there was a totally new Captain America at the end of HoM is a little disingenuous. 3 existing versions of Batman magically combined into one being isn't really a "new" Batman.

UltimateE said:
Not to sound like I'm starting a fight, because I totally am not - but to imply that this is the same as if there was a totally new Captain America at the end of HoM is a little disingenuous. 3 existing versions of Batman magically combined into one being isn't really a "new" Batman.

It is if they give him and the characters around him new origins...

*Cough-Cough* Batman: Year One, Superman: Man of Steel, The Power of SHAZAM, The revamped Wonder Woman Title *Cough-Cough*

DC

DETECTIVE COMICS #817
BATMAN #651 - I've been waiting for a new Batman writer that I'd like to read. This seems about right.
BATMAN ANNUAL #25
NIGHTWING #118 - Deffinatly looks like Jason Todds knife. I'm down with him being Nightwing, as long as we see Dick Grayson somewhere else.
ROBIN #148 - Deffinatly a cool new costume, as I said in the IC thread.
BATMAN: YEAR ONE HUNDRED #2 - Sweet boooooooots!
GOTHAM CENTRAL: UNRESOLVED TARGETS TP - Um, I wasn't picking this up then, but just what happened in 16-18?
ALL STAR SUPERMAN #3
SUPERGIRL #7 - Not getting this, but taht is one hell of an intresting solicit....
INFINITE CRISIS #6
THE OMAC PROJECT: INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL
BLUE BEETLE #1 - Yeeesss....
FIRESTORM: THE NUCLEAR MAN #23
GREEN LANTERN #10 - Think we'll actualy be at #10 by then?
JONAH HEX #5 - It's 130 years ago…and the world's ugliest bounty hunter faces off against the deadliest combination known to mankind: nuns with guns! Yeah, that says it all.
JLA CLASSIFIED #18 & 19
JSA #83 - Not sure about this... New writer... I'll give him an arc, but if its not to my liking its gone...
JSA CLASSIFIED #10 - Okay, a writer I've been enjoying (Firestorm), Vandal Savage, and a potential tie in with Green Lantern. A must order.
SHOWCASE PRESENTS TEEN TITANS VOL. 1 TP - Now I don't have to buy the Archives that have been calling my name...
TEEN TITANS #34
SEVEN SOLDIERS: BULLETEER #4
SEVEN SOLDIERS: FRANKENSTEIN #4
SEVEN SOLDIERS: MR. MIRACLE #4

Wildstorm

CAPTAIN ATOM: ARMAGEDDON #6
DESOLATION JONES #6
EX MACHINA: FACT V. FICTION TP - God do I love this series... Why don't I get it in singles?
TEAM ZERO #4
THE WINTER MEN #4 - I'm really not enjoying this. Might not get it..

Vertigo

100 BULLETS: STRYCHNINE LIVES TP - That is the greatest cover ever.
DMZ #5 - So wait, he's still trying to report?
THE EXTERMINATORS #3
TESTAMENT #4

ProjectX2 said:
Power Girl?! As Nightwing?!
A bit of DC trivia you might not have known. Nightwing was originaly a Kryptonian superhero that Superman tol Dick Grayson about when he was trying to figure out a new name.

Dr.Strangefate said:
In Nightwing:Year One they find out that the only superhero in Kryptonian history was the Night-Wing.

Clark is the one who gives Dick the name idea.
And its alrady been said.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I know I heard someone important say that Dick would be Batman for a year after IC, I don't know if that means during 52, or literally after the One Year Later deal...
Thats a very heavy rumor. I'm expecting 52 and the first year or so for Dick as Batman untill the next Bat-Flick comes out. Then its all bruce.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Well, Max only has one title, and Icon is largely just Powers (So-So) and Kabuki (Never read it) the only real competition is Ultimate, wich barely beats out Wildstorm on the "Characters you know changing factor" and still doesn't beat Vertigo. Especialy if any of the new books in it are any good.

Dr.Strangefate said:
*Cough-Cough* Batman: Year One, Superman: Man of Steel, The Power of SHAZAM, The revamped Wonder Woman Title *Cough-Cough*
coughcoughSupermanbirthrightcough

But as for a new Bats, it'll be an existing character, I almost guarntee it. Just someone diffrent.

I have to agree with what was said earlier. With DC, if they say it's a "universe-changing event", the results of that event are usually in place for at least 10 years. With Marvel, if they say it's a "universe-changing event", things are back to normal by the next year.

This leads me to my belief that DC genuinely likes and accepts change while Marvel is all about marketing and hype.

That's a lot of comics Baxter. How many Image, Dark Horse and Marvel are you getting on top of that?!

And yes, you should get Ex Machina in singles, or download it like I do. :D

iceman said:
yo, i am alllllllll about the new robin costume. i have been thinking that the 2nd robin costume from the cartoon was perfect, and this costume is essentially that, but with pointy gloves and cape. it's awesome. it makes so much more sense, robins dont have any green in them!

actually robin was based off of robin hood as played by errol flynn or some other actor. what with the tunic, and the pointy, "natural" boots, and the kinda grassy... underpants... yeah it was more off robin hood. it has since evolved in people's perceptions to have been a robin. Don't get me wrong, I like the look. I just wish they'd give him a hood or something...

UltimateE said:
The original Crisis was the original "Universe-Altering Event". It sort of set the precedent for all the big "events" that Marvel and DC are always coming out with.

moonmaster said:
The original Crisis was the original "Universe-Altering Event". It sort of set the precedent for all the big "events" that Marvel and DC are always coming out with.

Secret Wars?

I'm not saying it was as good...

ProjectX2 said:
That's a lot of comics Baxter. How many Image, Dark Horse and Marvel are you getting on top of that?!

And yes, you should get Ex Machina in singles, or download it like I do. :D
Yeah, I spend about $150 to $180 a month. I really need something else to funnel all this time and money into.

UltimateE said:
Secret Wars?

I'm not saying it was as good...
I don't think of Secret Wars as a "universe altering event". It was one of the first official events, but it wasn't nearly as big as Crisis. They literally rewrote the history of the DC Universe.

Latest posts

Back