DC Elseworlds Timelines

Is the flooding permanent? Whose to say it wasn't cleaned by the following year?

I haven't seen the movie but I don't know mind knowing that spoiler.
1-.
I don't know, the movie ended without end credits and on November 6th of the same year, until the Penguin TV show or even after we'll know but for now nothing
2-.
Lol you just got spoiled a masterpiece, and the references to other characters on DC, they referenced Hush, Superman, Poision Ivy, the No Man's Land event, and THE JOKER APPEARED (it was a new actor, but i have hope that it's a double and this universe's Joker is also Joaquin Phoenix from Joker, but until they release official confirmations, they're just theories)

Last edited:
I'm not worried, tbh. If the comic turns out to connect, I still have the timeline details.

No way are we getting a Batman Universe where Gotham is flooded in every instalment set after the first film.
Yeah, impossible
The flood will eventualy dissapear, it has to

1-.
I don't know, the movie ended without end credits and on November 6th of the same year, until the Penguin TV show or even after we'll know but for now nothing
2-.
Lol you just spoiled a masterpiece, and the references to other characters on DC, they referenced Hush, Superman, Poision Ivy, the No Man's Land event, and THE JOKER APPEARED (it was a new actor, but i have hope that it's a double and this universe's Joker is also Joaquin Phoenix from Joker, but until they release official confirmations, they're just theories)
It's not connected to Joker. The timeline is quite literally impossible due to ages. Bruce's parents died in 1981 in the Joker Universe while they died in circa. 2000 in the The Batman Universe.

It's not connected to Joker. The timeline is quite literally impossible due to ages. Bruce's parents died in 1981 in the Joker Universe while they died in circa. 2000 in the The Batman Universe.
Well, it's officially not the same universe, but in my headcanon it is

1-.
2-.
Lol you just spoiled a masterpiece, and the references to other characters on DC, they referenced Hush, Superman, Poision Ivy, the No Man's Land event, and THE JOKER APPEARED (it was a new actor, but i have hope that it's a double and this universe's Joker is also Joaquin Phoenix from Joker, but until they release official confirmations, they're just theories)
I was spoiled for months. i.e. an image board plot leak I thought was fake until more started to add up.

Okay:
1. Monday 4th, November matches with 2019 and 2024.
2. Thomas and Martha Wayne died 20 years ago.
3. Thomas and Martha Wayne were alive in 2000 (I believe that the note said that, anyway).
4. Did the licence plate show up in the film or was that in the (presumably) deleted Halloween scene? If not... maybe the film is set in 2024? :confused:

Okay:
1. Monday 4th, November matches with 2019 and 2024.
2. Thomas and Martha Wayne died 20 years ago.
3. Thomas and Martha Wayne were alive in 2000 (I believe that the note said that, anyway).
4. Did the licence plate show up in the film or was that in the (presumably) deleted Halloween scene? If not... maybe the film is set in 2024? :confused:
Ignore the 2000 date I would say, if it wasnt clear enough to tell.

I got this video from the promotional website of The Batman

Edit: Ok the video do not charges but i will pay atention if there's anything important

Edit 2: Ok so the video has a 2001 date and it's an Campaign Ad, so Thomas Wayne was alive until 2001

Attachments

• What_Am_I.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Well, it's officially not the same universe, but in my headcanon it is
Look at this way: the Joker movie could easily just serve as one of the many "backstories" the guy gives himself. You could see it as fact or fiction, but you were to place it in The Batman universe, it's fiction.

The scene at the end ("You wouldn't get it.") might not even be the Joker, but a crazy guy who idolized Joker thinking of his own 'backstory'. You can read into it anyway you want because the film is meant to be subjective.

Look at this way: the Joker movie could easily just serve as one of the many "backstories" the guy gives himself. You could see it as fact or fiction, but you were to place it in The Batman universe, it's fiction.

The scene at the end ("You wouldn't get it.") might not even be the Joker, but a crazy guy who idolized Joker thinking of his own 'backstory'. You can read into it anyway you want because the film is meant to be subjective.
Depends on the sequel. Wonder if they'll keep it vague what his backstory really is (pick up in Arkham) or make it another origin story.

The prologue of the "Before the Batman" novel takes place when Bruce is 10.
Chapters 1-11 are when he is 17.
Chapters 12-23 are when he is 27.
The Epilogue is when he is 29 - set TWO YEARS after becoming Batman (WHILE being set on Halloween, potentially towards the end of the film we'll see next month.)

Prologue = 2000
Chapters 1-11 = 2007
Chapters 12-23 = 2017
Epilogue + The Film = 2019
With Thomas Wayne being alive in 2001 but the present day of The Batman being 2019, how does this get affected?

The Batman seems to just have a broken calendar. Either we ignore the obvious 2019 dates that Bruce's monologue/diary and Riddler's livestream give us... or we ignore Thomas Wayne's campaign for mayor as well as Riddler's diary with 2021 days of the week which tell us that the film is set in 2021.

Hard to tell until sequels come out.

The Halloween 2019 date is pretty blatant. That's definitely the one I'd go with. The Riddler was crazy to the point that I wouldn't trust anything I read in his journals, including dates.
Yeah, I guess prop dates should come second to dialogue. That 2001 Thomas Wayne campaign and 2000 document can be chalked up to bad props. I'd rather assume that than that Batman is dumb or the calender is different in this universe.

Also, Joker: Folie à Deux should be an interesting addition to the Joker timeline. It sounds like it will pick up after the ending of the last one, where he's in Arkham State Hospital, based on Harleen Quinzel.

My personal interpretation of the ending is that this is many years after the events of the film (14+ years, perhaps). Both Arthur and his psychiatrist are physically older. A young Bruce Wayne has become Batman and captured Arthur, sending him back to Arkham. Arthur realises that he created Batman when his parents were killed by clown rioters. Both he and his enemy are forever linked, Joker being born from the mistreatment from the rich while Batman was born from the rioting of the less fortunate.

He kills his psychiatrist after she asks him about his joke. I imagine that, in the new film, Harleen is his new psychiatrist. Perhaps he tells Harleen a different origin to the one we saw in the first film, keeping the multiple choice elements intact. The film might end up being essentially a musical adaptation of the classic Mad Love story then.

Also, there's no need to complain about the Joker's age in my opinion. Let's say Bruce Wayne starts his career as Batman at 25. Let's say he was 9 years old in Joker. That means he'd be Batman by 1997. Arthur Fleck was born in 1949 based on props, so he'd be 48 by this point. I mean, how is that much different than the age difference between the Batman and Joker of Earth-66 and Earth-89?

I know a lot of people are worried about it, but honestly I love the fact we're getting a Joker sequel. In the first film, we never saw the Joker. We saw a mentally ill man kill people who he felt deserved it. It's very much a beginning story, something the Joker would tell when recounting his origin, but it was not the Joker yet.

Latest posts

Back