DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I guess this gives some indication of what James Gunn has planned, since 1.) None of the Harley Quinn / Suicide Squad films and 2.) It's officially called the DC Extended Universe in this set.

EDIT: I'm dumb. They excluded the R-rated films plus 2016's Suicide Squad probably to release as its own set. They're keep the PG-13 stuff (including PG-13 cuts) in this set exclusively. In other words, nothing new. Just another Bluray set.

They've released sets like this before. Like:
188491_medium.jpg and250053_medium.jpg.

Seems like an update to include newer PG-13 movies. Strange they'd take out Suicide Squad though, I guess it'd be weird to include it and not its sequel or spinoff.

I loathe how Twitter uniformly decided that The Flash movie is "trash" because Spider-Verse exists and only one can be good.

All while
they are making light and meme'ing the submarine implosion as if human life don't mean crap to them regardless of the class system...

Glad I left that site.

I loathe how Twitter uniformly decided that The Flash movie is "trash" because Spider-Verse exists and only one can be good.

All while
they are making light and meme'ing the submarine implosion as if human life don't mean crap to them regardless of the class system...

Glad I left that site.
Glad I never joined it. There's enough toxicity on the internet as is.

I'm curious about what people's thoughts are on moving Man of Steel to September/October 2013. To me, I feel like the Black Zero Event stuff in The Flash was meant to be extremely similar to how it was in the original timeline. Like we see with the lightning that gave Barry his powers striking the same day it did in the original timeline. Having re-watched Man of Steel before The Flash, the weather does look closer to late Summer/early Fall than it does late Fall/early Winter. We even see Smallville and Metropolis around November in BvS and there's a noticeable difference.

Interestingly enough, Lois's camera we get the 11/28/13 date from in Man of Steel, also has a shot that shows 9/25/13 shortly before we see the 11/28/13 date. I think there's a possibility they may have used this to come up with the date Barry gets his powers (9/29/13) before the Black Zero Event. Hypothetically, you'd have:

9/25- Lois investigates the ship and is rescued by Clark.
9/26- Lois is found by the army, reports what she saw to Perry, meets with Woodburn at the bar, Clark talks with Jor-El, and becomes Superman.
9/27-9/28- Lois starts to investigate Clark.
9/28- Lois ends up in Smallville and meets with Clark at the cemetery.
9/29- Lois is back in Metropolis, and Clark comes home to Martha, Barry gets his powers.
9/30- Zod gives his message for Clark to surrender.
10/01- Clark surrenders, Smallville battle, Black Zero Event,
Barry tries to save a father & son in Metropolis, but is only able to save the son.

The "18 Months Later" scene in BVS would only have to be pushed back a month, from June to May 2015. This is all hypothetical of course. If more people want to stick with November, I get that. I just find it neat that there's actually evidence within Man of Steel that backs up The Flash.

I'm curious about what people's thoughts are on moving Man of Steel to September/October 2013. To me, I feel like the Black Zero Event stuff in The Flash was meant to be extremely similar to how it was in the original timeline. Like we see with the lightning that gave Barry his powers striking the same day it did in the original timeline. Having re-watched Man of Steel before The Flash, the weather does look closer to late Summer/early Fall than it does late Fall/early Winter. We even see Smallville and Metropolis around November in BvS and there's a noticeable difference.

Interestingly enough, Lois's camera we get the 11/28/13 date from in Man of Steel, also has a shot that shows 9/25/13 shortly before we see the 11/28/13 date. I think there's a possibility they may have used this to come up with the date Barry gets his powers (9/29/13) before the Black Zero Event. Hypothetically, you'd have:

9/26- Lois is found by the army, reports what she saw to Perry, meets with Woodburn at the bar, Clark talks with Jor-El, and becomes Superman.
9/29- Lois is back in Metropolis, and Clark comes home to Martha, Barry gets his powers.
Barry tries to save a father & son in Metropolis, but is only able to save the son.

The "18 Months Later" scene in BVS would only have to be pushed back a month, from June to May 2015. This is all hypothetical of course. If more people want to stick with November, I get that. I just find it neat that there's actually evidence within Man of Steel that backs up The Flash.
So a mixture of the two?

I might alter it later on when the Flash movie comes out on HBO Max. It's gonna be a while though.

Does The Flash specify how long after getting his powers that Man of Steel occurred? I know that soon after that scene, Zod invaded, but it is in an alternate timeline where they explain different events happen and at different times (eg. Batman and Kara, no metas).

Did our Barry say how long after getting his powers it was in his time?

I think he said it was "shortly after getting his powers". For the sake of simplicity I would put it in the same day in both timelines, but yeah, technically we only know for sure that the day of the lighting is the same in the two timelines.

I think he said it was "shortly after getting his powers". For the sake of simplicity I would put it in the same day in both timelines, but yeah, technically we only know for sure that the day of the lighting is the same in the two timelines.
I think The Flash is the closest we'll get to an official answer so this is probably what we go with for now.

Is there any other evidence to support the November dates besides Lois' camera?

I just feel like if we can use the November date on the camera, then the September date on it can also be considered. Especially when it fits more with the weather and what The Flash tells us. Plus, a part of me likes to think while rewatching Man of Steel, that Barry is out there getting his powers around that same time.
Does The Flash specify how long after getting his powers that Man of Steel occurred? I know that soon after that scene, Zod invaded, but it is in an alternate timeline where they explain different events happen and at different times (eg. Batman and Kara, no metas).

I don't feel like there was no metas.
Of course there's Barry and Kara, but the movie made it seem like the issue with Victor is he hadn't had his accident yet and TBH, I feel like Diana is still out there, she just wasn't Wonder Woman at the time like in the original timeline.

I think The Flash is the closest we'll get to an official answer so this is probably what we go with for now.

Is there any other evidence to support the November dates besides Lois' camera?
In October 2015, Bruce mentions the kryptonite showing up "3 months ago" which was during an "18 Months Later" time card after the Black Zero Event. The timeline here already has that scene in June, and if we assume Bruce is somehow rounding or Bruce found out about it a little after it was actually found, then May 2015 would work as 18 months after October 2013.

That's the thing I'm conflicted on.

He said "I had just gotten my powers" when he went to the Black Zero event, but doesn't specify what length of time.

In October 2015, Bruce mentions the kryptonite showing up "3 months ago" which was during an "18 Months Later" time card after the Black Zero Event. The timeline here already has that scene in June, and if we assume Bruce is somehow rounding or Bruce found out about it a little after it was actually found, then May 2015 would work as 18 months after October 2013.
Since you brought this up, this justifies Zod's attack being December 2nd in the original DCEU timeline to me.

The closer to the 3 months + 18 months, the better.

James Gunn confirmed Batman is Bruce Wayne and not played by George Clooney in the DCU. So, what actually happens to Earth-1? If the Flashpoint Timeline is Earth-1 and Earth-89 combined, then firstly, what Earth is Flashpoint? Then, the question becomes, what Earth is the Post-Flashpoint reality? Are these both supposed to be Earth-1?

I read a theory that I don't necessarily agree with but is interesting, where Earth-1 Barry is creating the Post-Crisis Earth-89. Suppose this destroys Earth-1, then at the end of the film he destroys Earth-89, leading to Clooney/Aquaman 2 Timeline (Earth-97?). Maybe the DCU would replace Earth-1 in the new multiversal numbering system post-Earth-1 destruction, explaining why some things are similar to the DCEU timeline, and maybe Earth-89 becomes an amalgam with the Schumacher films or something.

The problem that I have with this is that time travel and alternate universes are completely different. Why would this time travel create a whole new universe and destroy the old one? It's inconsistent with our understanding of the Speed-Force. Then, theres the whole thing of Pre-Crisis Earth-89 existing on it's own with no time travel. Why is it different? What even is that reality?

So, maybe a combination of these ideas could work. Maybe:
PRE-FLASHPOINT EVENT
Earth-1/DC Extended Universe

[All DCEU Movies]

Earth-89/Burtonverse
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever (Non-Canon?)
Batman & Robin (Non-Canon?)
Catwoman

Earth-97/Schumacherverse (Non-Canon?)
Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

FLASHPOINT EVENT
Composite Earth/Flashpoint

Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
The Flash

POST-FLASHPOINT EVENT
Earth-1/DCU

The Suicide Squad (Alt.)
Peacemaker S1 (Alt.)
[All DCU Movies]

Composite Earth/Post-Flashpoint
Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
Batman Forever (Alt.)
Batman & Robin (Alt.)
Aquaman (Alt.)
The Flash
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

He might have screwed up Earth-89 Post-Flashpoint too actually. Potentially, Pre-Flashpoint Earth-89 could be the Burtonverse (I-II) while Post-Flashpoint Earth-89 could be the Schumacherverse (I-IV), and the new Composite reality takes Clooney Bats from that reality.

Last edited:
James Gunn confirmed Batman is Bruce Wayne and not played by George Clooney in the DCU. So, what actually happens to Earth-1? If the Flashpoint Timeline is Earth-1 and Earth-89 combined, then firstly, what Earth is Flashpoint? Then, the question becomes, what Earth is the Post-Flashpoint reality? Are these both supposed to be Earth-1?

I read a theory that I don't necessarily agree with but is interesting, where Earth-1 Barry is creating the Post-Crisis Earth-89. Suppose this destroys Earth-1, then at the end of the film he destroys Earth-89, leading to Clooney/Aquaman 2 Timeline (Earth-97?). Maybe the DCU would replace Earth-1 in the new multiversal numbering system post-Earth-1 destruction, explaining why some things are similar to the DCEU timeline, and maybe Earth-89 becomes an amalgam with the Schumacher films or something.

The problem that I have with this is that time travel and alternate universes are completely different. Why would this time travel create a whole new universe and destroy the old one? It's inconsistent with our understanding of the Speed-Force. Then, theres the whole thing of Pre-Crisis Earth-89 existing on it's own with no time travel. Why is it different? What even is that reality?

So, maybe a combination of these ideas could work. Maybe:
PRE-FLASHPOINT EVENT
Earth-1/DC Extended Universe

[All DCEU Movies]

Earth-89/Burtonverse
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever (Non-Canon?)
Batman & Robin (Non-Canon?)
Catwoman

Earth-97/Schumacherverse (Non-Canon?)
Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

FLASHPOINT EVENT
Composite Earth/Flashpoint

Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
The Flash

POST-FLASHPOINT EVENT
Earth-1/DCU

The Suicide Squad (Alt.)
Peacemaker S1 (Alt.)
[All DCU Movies]

Composite Earth/Post-Flashpoint
Batman (Alt.)
Batman Returns (Alt.)
Batman Forever (Alt.)
Batman & Robin (Alt.)
Aquaman (Alt.)
The Flash
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

He might have screwed up Earth-89 Post-Flashpoint too actually. Potentially, Pre-Flashpoint Earth-89 could be the Burtonverse (I-II) while Post-Flashpoint Earth-89 could be the Schumacherverse (I-IV), and the new Composite reality takes Clooney Bats from that reality.
I'm gonna wait and see what they do in 2025.
Meanwhile, I'm keeping this timeline objective. Ain't altering a damn thing to fit an unconfirmed stance about the future based on vague info.

I'd be disrespecting someone's memory but making that leap...so no, I'm not going to add any Earth-97/Earth-89 timestamps.

I don't think Flashpoint or Post-Flashpoint is Earth-89 or Earth-97, so of course don't do any timestamps. I think they're composite worlds of the DCEU/Burtonverse.

Earth-1 + Earth-89 = Flashpoint
Flashpoint + Earth-97 (?) = Post-Flashpoint

Also, as I said, James Gunn confirmed the ending isn't part of the DCU.
FzBdc7QWYA0Zoph.png

Note: Earth-97 is barely canon, since it was a joke number and the exact same source has Kevin Smith and Marc Guggenheim confirming III-IV is Earth-89, and the only other time it's been acknowledged is the Batman '89 writer in a joke tweet, but then that's connected to the whole Earth-789 mess and the Earth-1/Earth-89 Flashpoint Timeline exists separately from the Donnerverse, and The Flash shows an alternate Burtonverse too. That being said, they could be separate realities but it's not clear.

Last edited:
I don't know why it keeps getting brought up in this thread other than to convince me to make unnecessary changes. I'm sorry, but its against my principles.

I don't think Flashpoint or Post-Flashpoint is Earth-89 or Earth-97, so of course don't do any timestamps. I think they're composite worlds of the DCEU/Burtonverse.

Earth-1 + Earth-89 = Flashpoint
Flashpoint + Earth-97 (?) = Post-Flashpoint

Also, as I said, James Gunn confirmed the ending isn't part of the DCU.
View attachment 1143
I reject that reading of canonicity based on a Tweet that mentions nothing about the DCU timeline in the vaguest context. Recasting, retcon or otherwise. I will wait.

End of story.

I'm NOT trying to get you to make changes. I was theorising, lol. You're apologising for something that I wasn't even trying to suggest, so now I'm just confused about this weird hostility.

James Gunn confirmed George Clooney is not the new Bruce Wayne in the DCU while simultaneously confirming that The Flash creates the DCU. I was sharing my thoughts based on this information, not trying to make you change anything on the timeline yet.

Since you brought this up, this justifies Zod's attack being December 2nd in the original DCEU timeline to me.

The closer to the 3 months + 18 months, the better.
I personally disagree but I get it, I just can't believe it's December given all the green foliage and lighter weather seen throughout the Smallville and Metropolis scenes. The Flash placing Zod's attack in early October fits better for me.

I'm NOT trying to get you to make changes. I was theorising, lol. You're apologising for something that I wasn't even trying to suggest, so now I'm just confused about this weird hostility.

James Gunn confirmed George Clooney is not the new Bruce Wayne in the DCU while simultaneously confirming that The Flash creates the DCU. I was sharing my thoughts based on this information, not trying to make you change anything on the timeline yet.
I am not trying to be hostile, I am just annoyed by this conversation admittedly but I am not reacting out of malice. However, thank you for clarifying.

Latest posts

Back