DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

This is a minor thing, but I think Diana Prince's voiceovers in both WW films are supposed to be her talking to Bruce Wayne. Because of this note he gives her, I imagine shortly after the 2015 bookends she's having a conversation with him about her past and explains the events of both WW films to him in November/December of 2015. WW84 could be December since it turns into a Christmas story by the end. Thoughts?

View attachment 1127
I'm finishing up a DCEU rewatch before The Flash and pretty much did this and assumed WW84 was a continuation of Diana reminiscing given the narration.

As for the new date, I feel it works better. Having just rewatched Man of Steel, the weather in Smallville and Metropolis fits more with where The Flash places it rather than the November date on Lois's camera.

Timelines/universes are clearly tangled because of Flashpoint. Saying its just "Earth-89" entirely is simplifying not only the concept but the stakes.
I honestly don't see the point in simplifying it in that way. I think it makes much more sense if it's a new timeline that has blended elements from both Earth-89 and the DCEU.
Same thing with the ending and the Schumacherverse.

I honestly don't see the point in simplifying it in that way. I think it makes much more sense if it's a new timeline that has blended elements from both Earth-89 and the DCEU.
Same thing with the ending and the Schumacherverse.
It's mainly the DCEU wiki simplifying it, but that's sad that a major source of that universe's information is spreading MISinformation to fans.

Here's something I wanted to bring up out of curiosity:

The different Earth cameos in The Flash are, correct me if I'm wrong, as listed:
Earth-2: Stargirl's universe; with a young Jay Garrick in the 1940s in his early years as The Flash. Played by Teddy Sears, not yet resembling John Wesley Shipp until many years later.
Earth-52(?): The Adventures of Superman (starring George Reeves)
Earth-66: Batman '66
Earth-78(?): Superman I-IV and Supergirl movie universe
Earth-89: Michael Keaton's Batman
Earth-97(?): Batman Forever and Batman & Robin
Earth-98(?): Superman Lives universe (which was going to come out in 1998)

So when it comes to mapping out the post-Crisis DC live-action multiverse...
Earth-Prime: Arrowverse
Earth-1: DCEU
Earth-2: Stargirl
Earth-9: Titans
Earth-12: Green Lantern
Earth-19: Swamp Thing
Earth-21: Doom Patrol
Earth-29: Naomi McDuffie's Home
Earth-33: Real World Earth (new home of Naomi?)
Earth-52: The Adventures of Superman (starring George Reeves)
Earth-76: Wonder Woman TV Series (starring Lynda Carter)
Earth-78: Superman I-IV and Supergirl movies
Earth-89: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns
Earth-90: The Flash (1990) - DEAD EARTH
Earth-96: Superman Returns
Earth-97: Batman Forever and Batman & Robin
Earth-98: Superman Lives

I don't want to speak for Superman & Lois, Gotham Knights, Smallville, Sandman, Lucifer, Gotham/Pennyworth or anything else very lacking in identification right now. And "Earth-4125" being the home of Red Death (Ryan Wilder) IMO is a pre-Crisis numbering that Spectre Oliver was able to see with his infinite power.

Last edited:
Here's something I wanted to bring up out of curiosity:

The different Earth cameos in The Flash are, correct me if I'm wrong, as listed:
Earth-2: Stargirl's universe; with a young Jay Garrick in the 1940s in his early years as The Flash. Played by Teddy Sears, not yet resembling John Wesley Shipp until many years later.
Earth-52(?): The Adventures of Superman (starring George Reeves)
Earth-78(?): Superman I-IV and Supergirl movie universe
Earth-89: Michael Keaton's Batman
Earth-97(?): Batman Forever and Batman & Robin
Earth-98(?): Superman Lives universe (which was going to come out in 1998)

So when it comes to mapping out the post-Crisis DC live-action multiverse...
Earth-Prime: Arrowverse
Earth-1: DCEU
Earth-2: Stargirl
Earth-9: Titans
Earth-12: Green Lantern
Earth-19: Swamp Thing
Earth-21: Doom Patrol
Earth-29: Naomi McDuffie's Home
Earth-33: Real World Earth (new home of Naomi?)
Earth-52: The Adventures of Superman (starring George Reeves)
Earth-76: Wonder Woman TV Series (starring Lynda Carter)
Earth-78: Superman I-IV and Supergirl movies
Earth-89: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns
Earth-90: The Flash (1990) - DEAD EARTH
Earth-96: Superman Returns
Earth-97: Batman Forever and Batman & Robin
Earth-98: Superman Lives

I don't want to speak for Superman & Lois, Gotham Knights, Smallville, Sandman, Lucifer, Gotham/Pennyworth or anything else very lacking in identification right now. And "Earth-4125" being the home of Red Death (Ryan Wilder) IMO is a pre-Crisis numbering that Spectre Oliver was able to see with his infinite power.
I don't think Earth-90 is a dead Earth anymore.

View attachment 1128
Imagine if George Clooney is the Bruce Wayne of the DCU and Dick Grayson is the new Batman actor James Gunn was talking about? Lol, that would be absurd and hilarious. Doubt that they do that, haha.
Otherwise, James Gunn obviously lied about something.
I can honestly see that being the case at this point.
Imagine if Brandon Thwaites played Dick Grayson Batman and had a similar history to Earth-9's Grayson to where he grew into the role and essentially replaced Iain Glenn's Bruce.

I'm seeing the movie this afternoon. I'll give my thoughts later, but I think I have a general understanding of what they're setting up.

My guess, before I see it, for how it sets up the DCU:

Yes, I think George Clooney is Bruce Wayne in this new DCU timeline. HOWEVER, this might be very short-lived since he has probably retired the cowl and is passing it to Dick Grayson (very similar to Titans in some ways and I wouldn't be surprised if that, Doom Patrol or even Stargirl and/or Swamp Thing ended up merging with the DCEU/DCU post-Flash). The Brave and the Bold will be about legacy in that regard, because it's not titled "Batman", just "The Brave and the Bold". If you want Batman on the big screen, you got young present day Battinson from Earth-2.

So yeah, don't expect too much Bruce Wayne Batman on Earth-1. That ship has sailed.
Also, don't take this as Batman Forever or Batman & Robin being 'canon'. It's a doppelgänger thing that bled over into the DCEU/DCU somehow. If anything, Keaton's timeline could have absorbed some of those other two films' history on his Earth to generalize that whole anthology.

Y'all made this timeline stuff way too complicated.

This was clear as day in the film. Look at the whole timeline thing as an intersection. An "X".
Different Earths' pasts converge into a different future.

Saw it 2nd time today and that makes sense. The release date changed a lot and also other details. But the details of Barry's personal timeline were fairly fixed and could not alter too much. During the main filming this was aiming for a 2022 release.

View attachment 1128
Imagine if George Clooney is the Bruce Wayne of the DCU and Dick Grayson is the new Batman actor James Gunn was talking about? Lol, that would be absurd and hilarious. Doubt that they do that, haha.
Otherwise, James Gunn obviously lied about something.
I feel like this is Gunn trying to save face for keeping the stuff he did with the DCEU in continuity with the DCU. With the way The Flash is looking to perform, I doubt it's followed up in the DCU.

I feel like this is Gunn trying to save face for keeping the stuff he did with the DCEU in continuity with the DCU. With the way The Flash is looking to perform, I doubt it's followed up in the DCU.
I try to not look at corporate's impression of a long-finished film that pessimistically. That idea seems solely based on very recent fandom reaction.
There was no predicting how the box office would turn out until now. If they knew it was going to fail and put it out aways and lied to the fans, well, can you prove that?

Latest posts

Back