DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

is there a viewing order for this (I've asked a lot of questions so I promise this will be my last)

Anyway thanks

Guys, I didn't follow the reasons for the placements, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Black Adam and Shazam 2 before Peacemaker? Waller should be in prison or at least not free to do what he wants after the events of the series. Plus James Gunn's wife and dyed beard are unlikely to work directly for her

Also, I don't know if anyone has said this before. But I would consider keeping the pre/post crisis to divide events. For example Justice League (2017) could (maybe not) be the post crisis version of Zack Snyder's film. WW84 could only have happened post crisis. The Shazam suits were like the first movie in Pre Crisis and then an alternate version with the new suits happened in Post Crisis. Birds of Prey I would also keep it for convenience in Pre Crisis

Guys, I didn't follow the reasons for the placements, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Black Adam and Shazam 2 before Peacemaker? Waller should be in prison or at least not free to do what he wants after the events of the series. Plus James Gunn's wife and dyed beard are unlikely to work directly for her
Personally, I feel as if Peacemaker, BoP and TSS are all "Gunn-canon" and not really in-continuity with the Snyder-verse.

No.

The point of Amanda Waller as a character is that she never does face justice. She is a protected government official and people WILL work for her whether they like it or not.

Waller isn't going to prison any time soon, and "dye-beard" is still seen working for her in Peacemaker's 1st season finale. He doesn't have a choice and I'm sure neither does Harcourt.

Also, I don't know if anyone has said this before. But I would consider keeping the pre/post crisis to divide events. For example Justice League (2017) could (maybe not) be the post crisis version of Zack Snyder's film. WW84 could only have happened post crisis. The Shazam suits were like the first movie in Pre Crisis and then an alternate version with the new suits happened in Post Crisis. Birds of Prey I would also keep it for convenience in Pre Crisis
That's unconfirmed so I can't be apocryphal.

And JL (2017), in my opinion, is completely non-existent in canon. Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis or any multiverse. It's just a waste of a film.

No.

The point of Amanda Waller as a character is that she never does face justice. She is a protected government official and people WILL work for her whether they like it or not.

Waller isn't going to prison any time soon, and "dye-beard" is still seen working for her in Peacemaker's 1st season finale. He doesn't have a choice and I'm sure neither does Harcourt.
First, we know almost for sure that in the Waller series, Amanda will be addressing these issues. Also "dye-beard" doesn't have dyed beard... Just like in The Suicide Squad. Harcourt still has the hair style she had in both TSS and Black Adam.

If there is no evidence to the contrary, I really don't see why peacemakers should precede these events. It seems to me totally senseless both temporally and visually (I repeat, always if there isn't a reason I don't know)

It may still be that "dye-beard" stopped dyeing after the events of the series, that Harcourt has gone back to that hair style, and that Amanda Waller is still doing her thing, but I still think that if there isn't a decent motivation should be Peacemaker should come after Black Adam and Shazam 2

That's unconfirmed so I can't be apocryphal.

And JL (2017), in my opinion, is completely non-existent in canon. Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis or any multiverse. It's just a waste of a film.
I understand it hasn't been confirmed, but they wanted Miller in CRISIS, officially tying it all together. And after the crisis, the universes have always returned but with various slight modifications.

Justice League (2017) was one example. As with the Arrowverse series we don't have a pre-post-Crisis version of Earth Prime events, I wouldn't put Josstice League in an order either. It would work exactly like it does in the series. Every quote that differs from Snyder's version we can imagine with our heads

First, we know almost for sure that in the Waller series, Amanda will be addressing these issues. Also "dye-beard" doesn't have dyed beard... Just like in The Suicide Squad. Harcourt still has the hair style she had in both TSS and Black Adam.

If there is no evidence to the contrary, I really don't see why peacemakers should precede these events. It seems to me totally senseless both temporally and visually (I repeat, always if there isn't a reason I don't know)

It may still be that "dye-beard" stopped dyeing after the events of the series, that Harcourt has gone back to that hair style, and that Amanda Waller is still doing her thing, but I still think that if there isn't a decent motivation should be Peacemaker should come after Black Adam and Shazam 2
Hold up, I'm looking at the images on the DCEU wiki.

You're referring to the size of Economo's beard being much shorter in Shazam 2 plus Harcourt's hair being longer in that film and Shazam 2 - all before Peacemaker in which Economo has a longer beard and Harcourt has shorter hair?

Last edited:

You're referring to the size of Economo's beard being much shorter in Shazam 2 plus Harcourt's hair being shorter in that film and Shazam 2 - all before Peacemaker in which Economo has a longer beard and Harcourt has shorter hair?
For Harcourt yes. For Ecomomos I was referring to his beard not being dyed just like in TSS. The fact that the style of the two is much more similar to the pre peacemaker makes me wonder

You're referring to the size of Economo's beard being much shorter in Shazam 2 plus Harcourt's hair being longer in that film and Shazam 2 - all before Peacemaker in which Economo has a longer beard and Harcourt has shorter hair?
Fixed the typo btw.

I meant Harcourt's hair was longer before and was shorter by Peacemaker.

Fixed the typo btw.

I meant Harcourt's hair was longer before and was shorter by Peacemaker.
Yes, but in TSS they were also longer than Peacemaker but shorter than Shazam and Black Adam. It makes more sense that I grew them long like in SHAZAM and then cut them off rather than cutting them off and then letting them grow. Not to mention that it not only has them short, they also have a different style in peacemaker than the other products

Yes, but in TSS they were also longer than Peacemaker but shorter than Shazam and Black Adam. It makes more sense that I grew them long like in SHAZAM and then cut them off rather than cutting them off and then letting them grow. Not to mention that it not only has them short, they also have a different style in peacemaker than the other products
so you're saying:

TSS --> Black Adam --> Shazam 2 --> Peacemaker?

Basically I would have to ignore the May date in Shazam 2.

so you're saying:

TSS --> Black Adam --> Shazam 2 --> Peacemaker?

Basically I would have to ignore the May date in Shazam 2.
If there is proof then fine. I had stated that I did not know the reasons for the placement. Anyway then I have one last question... Is there anything that says Peacemaker is set before May?

Please don't allow hair lengths/styles determine certain media's place in the timeline.
In fact that's not what should determine it, it's the logic and the evidence on the screen.
1) I don't know if there is screen evidence
2) Amanda Waller (albeit the nature of her character) who does what she wants even if accused of many things seems strange to me
3) Economos beard IS NOT DYED. This isn't style or length, this is character storyline.

Gunn probably thought about Amanda going to jail shortly after the events of Peacemaker and Economos who will continue to have his beard dyed in the "Waller" TV series. But this will be attributed, I imagine, to the change of the universe.

Monday, May 29.

around 37 minutes into Shazam 2.

Clear as day.

I can only ignore "Monday", "May" OR "29". It's not set in 2023, so it can't be one of those. I can't ignore everything and throw it in September, October or November...

Latest posts

Back