DC Extended Universe - News & Rumors

I pretty much disagree with all of this. Except for the comment on The Dark Knight Rises. By no means did it suck, but it was a bit of a let down compared to the first two. It's a missed opportunity, as a lot of what you can tell they were trying to do fell flat. It's still a pretty decent cap to Nolan's version of Batman. Exactly. Some of the best Batman stories we have are, essentially, just crime dramas. I think Batman works best with crime drama, serial killer stuff than his more fantastical villains (Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, etc). While the look and design of the character in the Nolan movies were tweaked to be more realistic looking, the characters themselves are largely the same as they are in the comic books for the past 20 plus years.

+1,000,000

Re: DC Cinematic Universe - News & Rumors

Some of the best Batman stories we have are, essentially, just crime dramas.

You mean like Hush, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Batman/The Spirit, Choices, Ghosts, and Madness?

You mean like Hush, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Batman/The Spirit, Choices, Ghosts, and Madness?

I haven't read The Long Halloween and Dark Victory for a while, but yes, I remember them being very crime drama-esque. It's funny you should bring them up, as The Dark Knight was based partially off of both of these. I may be mistaken, but wasn't the Long Halloween about Batman trying to stop a serial killer, and prevent a crime war? That's pretty classic crime drama stuff, at least in my definition of the term. You could see something similar on True Detective, and it wouldn't feel out of place.

And now it's official:

No Crossover Between DC COMICS TV and DC Movie Series, says Chief Creative Officer

At the TCA press tour for The Flash, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns nixed the idea that the comic book-based worlds of The CW's multiple TV series and their new film series that started with Man of Steel and continues with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice would crossover. "It's a separate universe," Johns said definitively of the TV and Movie worlds. "We will not be integrating the film and television universes."

And now it's official:

No Crossover Between DC COMICS TV and DC Movie Series, says Chief Creative Officer

At the TCA press tour for The Flash, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns nixed the idea that the comic book-based worlds of The CW's multiple TV series and their new film series that started with Man of Steel and continues with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice would crossover. "It's a separate universe," Johns said definitively of the TV and Movie worlds. "We don't like fun synergy and money"

Oh wow.

DC just seems to not care about the notion that comic book readers and casual moviegoers are different types of fans.

What on earth could be the point of maintaining two separate universes like that? It makes no sense.

And now it's official: No Crossover Between DC COMICS TV and DC Movie Series, says Chief Creative Officer At the TCA press tour for The Flash, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns nixed the idea that the comic book-based worlds of The CW’s multiple TV series and their new film series that started with Man of Steel and continues with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice would crossover. “It’s a separate universe,” Johns said definitively of the TV and Movie worlds. “We will not be integrating the film and television universes.”

This isn't news. It's literally been stated a dozen times or so from both the creators/producers of the TV shows and a couple of the execs at WB and those working on the DC films.

I'm not sure why people keep thinking it may happen. It's been made pretty clear it's not going to crossover or occur in the same universe.

DC just seems to not care about the notion that comic book readers and casual moviegoers are different types of fans. What on earth could be the point of maintaining two separate universes like that? It makes no sense.

It's probably more to do with the fact combining the continuities of the two would just be too much of a chore. Even if you place the events of Man of Steel first, then why has there been no mention of an alien invasion and battle over Metropolis or Smallville in the shows? If you have Arrow and Flash occurring before the Man of Steel film and the rest, Flash's existence and knowledge of him by the general public kind of makes Superman's appearance less ground breaking to the people of that world, since they've already seen Flash and several other meta humans in his villains.

wonder_woman_0_zps00aa43ef.jpg

Last edited:

Oops, did not know it was posted here. But yeah I love it. The colour + armour look is great it makes her look like an Amazon-warrior is perfect.

Yeah, it looks good. I'll be interested to see how the colors actually look with better lighting.

The more I see of this the less I like. I'm pretty tired of Batman fighting Superman as it is.

Putting aside that this movie looks and sounds awful I don't understand why there always has to be fighting. Especially these two. I'm just tired of it. I didn't even enjoy it in Batman: Hush.

Putting aside that this movie looks and sounds awful I don't understand why there always has to be fighting. Especially these two. I'm just tired of it. I didn't even enjoy it in Batman: Hush.

I love your habit of blanket statements. We've seen virtually nothing about the movie, besides the costumes (which all look great) and this quick teaser (which was kind of cool).

I'm referring to the rumors, Man of Steel, and the cast.

I'm referring to the rumors, Man of Steel, and the cast.

Rumors are just that. Even if they're somewhat valid there's not much context to be passing judgement before seeing the film. Man of Steel, while it had it's issues, isn't the crapfest you try to make it out to be. And the cast? Affleck and Cavill will both be great in the roles (Cavill was an excellent Superman), and I think Gadot will surprise people as Wonder Woman. I also think Eisenberg will do a decent job as Luthor and not be a carbon copy of the Hackman and Spacey versions, which it shouldn't be.

Latest posts

Back