DC Live-Action Multiverse - Viewing/Reading Order

mr. Pro Bot, just a question, but the Superman TV Show [Earth-F] Is set during the 1940s or in 2019?

In terms of the multiverse it's apparently 2019, but it's stylised as 1940s. I don't think we know whether it's set in the 1940s or 2019 in terms of that world's calendar.

In terms of the multiverse it's apparently 2019, but it's stylised as 1940s. I don't think we know whether it's set in the 1940s or 2019 in terms of that world's calendar.
there are nazis and other ww2 things in the shorts. But IDK.

I mean, it happens around Crisis. It might be set during WW2 in their world, but it's 2019 everywhere else. I assume that it's just the consequences of different timelines leading that world to be both technologically and politically in the 1940s during 2019. There's leeway for different interpretations though. This seems like it would possibly relate to the Pre/Post-Crisis Earth-666 debate.

I mean, it happens around Crisis. It might be set during WW2 in their world, but it's 2019 everywhere else. I assume that it's just the consequences of different timelines leading that world to be both technologically and politically in the 1940s during 2019. There's leeway for different interpretations though. This seems like it would possibly relate to the Pre/Post-Crisis Earth-666 debate.
So simply, WW2 Happens in 2019?

I mean, it is like the Marvel Multiverse: Sony's Universe, the MCU and Into the Spiderverse universes are out of sinc by a few years, 66 Spider-Man is in the, well, 66, Spider-Man Noir is in the 30s, 2099 in the 2099 and Supaidaman is probably still in the 70s.

I mean, it is like the Marvel Multiverse: Sony's Universe, the MCU and Into the Spiderverse universes are out of sinc by a few years, 66 Spider-Man is in the, well, 66, Spider-Man Noir is in the 30s, 2099 in the 2099 and Supaidaman is probably still in the 70s.
IDK, I'm just asking only coz of Lois Lane appearence in the Crisis Comics, this is always a big doubt of mine, so if someone has an enswer it will make me really happy.

I am pretty sure that the explanation is that the writers didn't put too much thought into it, I don't think that they are even conscious of the fact that there is a Live Action Multiverse or anything like that, the Live Action Multiverse is just us assuming that all the crossovers between Earths are canon, but until a fan "ascends" to official writer and decides to canonice the idea, I am sure nobody in the writers room is thinking "Wait, how does the cosmology of the multiverse work? Is the God from Lucifer the same as in Constantine? Can The Batman fit in Stargirl's universe? Are the monitors from Smallville relater to Mar'Novu?"

I am pretty sure that the explanation is that the writers didn't put too much thought into it, I don't think that they are even conscious of the fact that there is a Live Action Multiverse or anything like that, the Live Action Multiverse is just us assuming that all the crossovers between Earths are canon, but until a fan "ascends" to official writer and decides to canonice the idea, I am sure nobody in the writers room is thinking "Wait, how does the cosmology of the multiverse work? Is the God from Lucifer the same as in Constantine? Can The Batman fit in Stargirl's universe? Are the monitors from Smallville relater to Mar'Novu?"
the only thing they aknoledge is Darkside.

It is canon even if they're not conscious of it. There's the hard canon facts we know about it and then there's the inconsistencies that we can speculate on but only accept that they are what they are. Lucifer in Lucifer and The Sandman, for instance. They're the same character now, but the exact specifics of why and how aren't really known. We just know that it is. If I were writing a page on them on a DC Multiverse wiki, for example, I'd refer to the information in the shows themselves without adding speculative theories.

As for the in-universe explanation: According to the article about "Sliding Timescale" in Marvel Database, Ultimates (Vol. 3) #5 suggests that the Marvel universe (at least the ultimate version, I guess) has some weird physical phenomenon that makes time work weird, so I guess that just different universes have different time anomalies or whatever that makes their times accelerate or decelerate just as the plot requires them for crossovers.

Edit: that is just the explanation for marvel but I guess something has to exist for DC. I think they were some "Time-Eaters" or something in the 52 multiverse that were the explanation of why the Earth's diverged instead of being identical(?)

As for the in-universe explanation: According to the article about "Sliding Timescale" in Marvel Database, Ultimates (Vol. 3) #5 suggests that the Marvel universe (at least the ultimate version, I guess) has some weird physical phenomenon that makes time work weird, so I guess that just different universes have different time anomalies or whatever that makes their times accelerate or decelerate just as the plot requires them for crossovers.
yes, but it wasn't about Earth-1610, but for Earth-616, it's the marvel time. As for 2023, the modern age started in 2010.
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Glossary:Sliding_Timescale

Ey, now that I have some people here that seem to know more than me about the Marvel and DC multiverses, I once read somewhere that after the Amalgam crossover in the 90s, Avengers vs Justice League totally ignored the previous crossover and characters acted as if it never happened, is that true?

Ey, now that I have some people here that seem to know more than me about the Marvel and DC multiverses, I once read somewhere that after the Amalgam crossover in the 90s, Avengers vs Justice League totally ignored the previous crossover and characters acted as if it never happened, is that true?
in that crossover both charachter are their prime universes
Avengers [Earth-616]
Justice League [New Earth (if it come out before 2011)/Earth-Prime (if it come out after 2011)]

in that crossover both charachter are their prime universes
Avengers [Earth-616]
Justice League [New Earth (if it come out before 2011)/Earth-Prime (if it come out after 2011)]
Yes, but I think they were involved in the Amalgam Universe too (I may be wrong). What I understood was that in the Amalgam crossover the 2 universes met and they were fused or something, but they were defused later, and then weird things happened and at the end the Earth 616 and New Earth characters somehow managed to make the Amalgam Universe a different universe while still maintaining their old universes. So, I thought that they should remember.

Both crossovers are canon.

Access appeared first in DC vs Marvel and he's shown to be canon by virtue of appearances and references in Marvel and DC media.
Despite shared ownership between DC Comics and Marvel Comics, only DC has used the character in a non-crossover appearance. In Green Lantern #87, Access appears to Jade and claims to be looking for Kyle Rayner. Having no success, he decides to travel to the Marvel Comics universe in order to find the Silver Surfer.

Access is briefly mentioned in a Superman/Fantastic Four crossover. When Superman receives a (false) holographic message from his father Jor-El, stating that a being from another universe, named Galactus was the one who destroyed Krypton, he flies off uttering the phrase "I need expert help to find him. I must find Access." That Superman/Fantastic Four crossover is about the primary versions meeting, by the way.

JLA/Avengers is in canon for both companies: the cosmic egg appeared in DC's Trinity and the crossover itself is described in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

Latest posts

Back