DC solicitations for October, 2006.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Newsarama previews some solicitations. Full solits up on Monday.

52 is sounding better by the week. :rockon:

As for The Authority, I will wait for the trades. I will check this out. Also, I like the art on Gen13 and Worldstorm.

Last edited:
Dude, Ice; you need to get the previous Authority trades. They will rock your face off and then when you go to pick it up, it will have already been erased from existence because this was one of the best superhero books ever and you've been missing out.

I recommend the first four trades by Ellis and Millar. Then decide on whether or not to pick up the next series, because I heard it's crap and doesn't look that interesting, and then pick up Authority: Revolution, because that will get you started on this new series.

ProjectX2 said:
Dude, Ice; you need to get the previous Authority trades. They will rock your face off and then when you go to pick it up, it will have already been erased from existence because this was one of the best superhero books ever and you've been missing out.

I recommend the first four trades by Ellis and Millar. Then decide on whether or not to pick up the next series, because I heard it's crap and doesn't look that interesting, and then pick up Authority: Revolution, because that will get you started on this new series.
Well, my friend has this huge Authority HC. Would it be there?

It depends.

Absolute Authority Vol. 1 (which is rare, I don't think your friend has this one), collects the first 12 issues by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, which I think are the best.

Absolute Authority Vol. 2 collects bits and pieces from the last 17 issues of the series, 12 of those being by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely (with various fill in artists). The five issues not by Millar are left out because they're kind of crappy, and don't really serve a purpose.

If you were to borrow these, you'd definitely get the general purpose of The Authority. There was a second series, but the only thing that you need to know from that is that The Authority took over America in a crossover series.

Then, you'd need to read The Authority: Revolution by Ed Brubaker and Dustin Ngyuen. This is awesome, and takes place after they have taken over America. Grant Morrison and Gene Ha are following on from this series, so this would be a good thing to read.

There are also various minis, one shots, and other series that tie in. These aren't really that important, but they expand on the characters and show their origins, etc.

But yes, try and borrow the HC. At least you'll get a good gist of what The Authority are. :D

I really love the Wildstorm Universe, I just wish I wasn't a completeist. . .

Last edited:
I've only got one thing to say about the Wildstorm #1 cover. Your going to take an eye out with those things.

ProjectX2 said:

Yeah, you need to read the Authority, Ice. It's one of the biggest influences for the past 5 or 6 years of superhero comics. It's very similar to the Ultimates, but a lot more bombastic and far out there. They're truly one of the best superhero teams ever. How can you not like a team that literally kills God?
Then, you'd need to read The Authority: Revolution by Ed Brubaker and Dustin Ngyuen. This is awesome, and takes place after they have taken over America. Grant Morrison and Gene Ha are following on from this series, so this would be a good thing to read.
I've got all of Vol. 1. I really need to pick up Revolution. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to before the Morrison relaunch.

Ice said:
I'm VERY skeptical when it comes to things like that.
Essentially, they learn that the Earth was created by some alien lifeform and was intended to sort of be it's retirement home. A rogue planet hit earth, though, and the planet was shifted out of it's orbit. The result was that an atmosphere formed and life sparked. The story has this being (which can technically be considered God) returning to Earth to reclaim it's home. It's awesome, as is the rest of Ellis and Millar's runs.

moonmaster said:
Essentially, they learn that the Earth was created by some alien lifeform and was intended to sort of be it's retirement home. A rogue planet hit earth, though, and the planet was shifted out of it's orbit. The result was that an atmosphere formed and life sparked. The story has this being (which can technically be considered God) returning to Earth to reclaim it's home. It's awesome, as is the rest of Ellis and Millar's runs.
I see....

Okay, thanks.

Ice said:
I see....

Okay, thanks.
I remember reading that Brian Azzarello was going to do an arc where Jesus returns and comes into conflict with the Authority. The climax would've had the Authority killing Jesus. For some strange reason, this story was scrapped.

moonmaster said:

Preacher did it better.

Much better.

moonmaster said:
I remember reading that Brian Azzarello was going to do an arc where Jesus returns and comes into conflict with the Authority. The climax would've had the Authority killing Jesus. For some strange reason, this story was scrapped.

I think the story was going to be about The Doctor dying, and the reincarnation of Jesus was going to be the new one. Which is kind of stupid, because when it shows all the previous Doctors, Jesus is one of them. I'm glad this story didn't happen.

And about the God thing, Ice, you have nothing to worry about. Unless you worship a giant organic alien pyramid... :wink:

Full solicitations now up on Newsarma.

For the lazy folk, here's the link again.

My list:

Batman #658
Detective Comics #824
52: Weeks 22-25
The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #5

Last edited:
ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER #6 (Frank Miller's Batgirl. Hmmm)
NIGHTWING: RENEGADE TP (Dick Grayson. Pupil to Deathstroke)
GOTHAM CENTRAL: UNRESOLVED TARGETS TP (I'm going to try and find a torrent for this and then I'll get these two if I like.)
GOTHAM CENTRAL: THE QUICK AND THE DEAD TP
AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS—ONCE & FUTURE TP (This is really good)
GREEN LANTERN: NO FEAR HC (I love DC when they reoffer trades. I missed this the first time)
GREEN LANTERN: REVENGE OF THE GREEN LANTERNS HC
CAPTAIN ATOM: ARMAGEDDON TP (The ending and beginning of the Wildstorm)
EX MACHINA VOL. 3: FACT VS. FICTION TP (This has been a great series and I'm glad there is a chance to get two trades.)
EX MACHINA VOL. 4: MARCH TO WAR TP
Y: THE LAST MAN VOl. 7 — PAPER DOLLS TP (Same here)
Y: THE LAST MAN VOl. 8 — KIMONO DRAGONS TP
SWAMP THING: SPONTANEOUS GENERATION TP (I wonder how old these are and how they rank to Moore)
SWAMP THING: INFERNAL TRIANGLES TP

TRADEWAIT
BATMAN #658
DETECTIVE COMICS #824
BATMAN AND THE MAD MONK #3
NIGHTWING #125(Let's see how Wolfmen does)
ROBIN #155
SUPERMAN/BATMAN ANNUAL #1 (This looks really good. Deathstroke!)
ACTION COMICS #844 (What's with that solict?)
SUPERMAN #657
SUPERGIRL #11 (Supergirl joins the Outsiders?)
52: WEEKS 22-25 (KON-EL!? ALIVE!?)
AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS #46 (The return of Aquaman?)
THE ALL-NEW ATOM #4 (Depends on how it is between here and there)
BIRDS OF PREY #99 (A bird leaves?)
THE BLUE BEETLE #8
THE CREEPER #3 (Let's see how issue 1 and 2 are)
THE FLASH: FASTEST MAN ALIVE #5
GREEN LANTERN #15
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #5 (Guy is the greatest GL ever)
ION #7
GREEN ARROW #67 (So Mia and Conner did survive)
JUSTICE #8 (Only still on issue 8...)
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #3 (So Red is definitly on the team)
JONAH HEX #12 (One of the constanty great titles)
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #3
MYSTERY IN SPACE #2 (I'll see how this is. Most space stories suck)
OUTSIDERS #41
THE OMEGA MEN #1 (Hmmm....I doubt I'll like this)
OMAC #4 (The first issue raised a lot of questions.)
SEVEN SOLDIERS #1 :)rockon: :rockon: :rockon: )
SECRET SIX #5 (Coming up on the end. I want an ongoing)
SHADOWPACT #6 (I love the shadowpact)
TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #1 (This sounds awesome)
TEEN TITANS #40 (Miss Martian? That's great)
TRIALS OF SHAZAM #3 (The Counsil of Merlyn huh?)
THE AUTHORITY #1 (AUTHORITY! MORRISON! BOOYAH!)
DEATHBLOW #1 (this sounds good enough to peak at)
GEN13 #1
WORLDSTORM #1
THE BOYS #4 (Touch guys taking on the superhero evilant of Nsync. Awesome)
EX MACHINA #25
DESOLATION JONES #7 (Yay. It returns.)
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET #1
PLANETARY #26 (The final issue. I couldn't of picked a better time to start this series)
DEADMAN #3
HELLBLAZER #225
Y: THE LAST MAN #50

Latest posts

Back