DC Ultimate character guide book

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
DC-Comics-The-Ultimate-Character-Guide-Book.jpg

So I bought this as it was really cheap. There was a Marvel and a Star wars one too but I got this (mentioned those in case people got those not these so they will understand my points) I don't get who it's for. Heres a page I found online to demonstrate

dc_ultimatecharacter2.jpg

You see my problem, is guides like this are usually for die hard fans but take myself I consider myself a big dc fan (not the biggest) but it's too simple for me. I asked a friend getting into dc comics to look at it and they didn't care about anyone but the big names. I tried my nephew and neice with it and they were bored. So who is it for ? I am aware I may be missing an audience or my needs are not everyones but i'm curious.

I saw they were simple in store but I liked art so thought i'd buy for that alone. Now I will say i love how many people are included , Yes it's out of date now as it is more pre-52 I think (not look at all of it yet) but it's still great to look at. I might review this in future i'm not sure but was wondering what others think of it

People who want to get into comics and not be lost because they don't know much about the characters. Or people who want to pretend to read comics. I was given this as a Christmas gift and found it's most notable thing to be that Steph was Spoiler again.

People who want to get into comics and not be lost because they don't know much about the characters.

This. The guide was not made for fans like you, Mole.

This. The guide was not made for fans like you, Mole.

Oh I agreed that's why I mentioned experiences with it :) The people i know don't like it as they can easily just pull up wikipedia if needed. Sorry if it seemed i was saying just me. It just see an odd sort thing that pleased no one. But if others starting off seem to find it helpful great :)

Latest posts

Back