DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Got this yesterday. I loved Moore's Superman. "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" was incredible. Despite his apparent distaste for it, I like "The Killing Joke". The rest of the stories in the trade are good, give or take a few (There's a two part Vigilante story that feels like they just slapped Moore's name on someone else's script).

I was going to get this, and maybe I will someday.

moonmaster said:
Got this yesterday. I loved Moore's Superman. "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" was incredible. Despite his apparent distaste for it, I like "The Killing Joke". The rest of the stories in the trade are good, give or take a few (There's a two part Vigilante story that feels like they just slapped Moore's name on someone else's script).
I thought it was pretty good too. I liked the Vigilante story, but the ending was strange.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I love the five-page Mogo origin story...
Even though I knew that Mogo was really a planet, the reveal was still great. I also thought the story about the GL from the planet without light was pretty fun.

moonmaster said:
Even though I knew that Mogo was really a planet, the reveal was still great. I also thought the story about the GL from the planet without light was pretty fun.

I love the ending to that one... Where the realization that the Guardians cracked a joke scares her so much...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I love the ending to that one... Where the realization that the Guardians cracked a joke scares her so much...
All of the short stories were great, but I have to say that "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" was the best thing in the trade. Everything about it was perfect: the villains' new vicious tactics, Superman crying in the Fortress, the final wink to the camera at the end. The Superman theme was playing in my head through the whole thing.

The Blackest Night starts here.

All of the short stories were great, but I have to say that "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" was the best thing in the trade. Everything about it was perfect: the villains' new vicious tactics, Superman crying in the Fortress, the final wink to the camera at the end. The Superman theme was playing in my head through the whole thing.

I love, love, love certain parts of that story, but other parts are hampered by the awkward 80s villains and scenarios.

The ending is THE Superman ending, though, no doubt about it. If the Bryan Singer movie series had continued, that's the ending I would have wanted.

Latest posts

Back