DC's All-Star line

DC's All-Star comic line isn't like the Ultimate universe in that they aren't ongoing stories set in a constant continuity. They're not ongoing.

Think of it like this - DC's All-Star line is exactly like when they do a TV show or movie of Superman or Batman. It's just that this tv show/ movie, happens to be a comic book.

As for the titles - All-Star Superman is lots of fun, while All-Star Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder, is really quite poor - and cancelled it seems. There are definate plans for All-Star Batgirl (I'm not sure who's writing it, but it's drawn by JG Jones) and All-Star Wonder Woman (written and drawn by Adam Hughes).

I thought Geoff Johns was writing Batgirl?

Let's evaluate the All Star line.

All Star Batman & Robin - Absolute podunk ****. Even the NFL SuperPro pisses on this.
All Star Superman - Absolute genius. There is no title right now, DC, Marvel, or otherwise, that can match the greatness of this.
All Star Wonder Woman - Not gonna' read it. WW bores me.
All Star Batgirl - ...this is a joke, right? (I know it's not, but still)
All Star Green Lantern - Can be good.

Maybe the person doing it had such a great pitch and idea behind it that DC decided "What the hell, we already screwed up the bat-title we wanted to be the main one".

Seriously, what's with the Batgirl hate? Seriously, it isn't as bad as ASB&R, christ that's true evidence that Frank Miller is the WORST writer in comic book history.

I'd like to see an AS Green Lantern. Maybe that way we can get a less dull Hal Jordan.

Seriously, what's with the Batgirl hate? Seriously, it isn't as bad as ASB&R, christ that's true evidence that Frank Miller is the WORST writer in comic book history.

I'd like to see an AS Green Lantern. Maybe that way we can get a less dull Hal Jordan.

I don't hate it, I just think its a really strange choice. I think when they do Green Lantern it should have everyone in it. Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Killowog, Mogo, if they've worn a ring they should be in there. And Warren Ellis should write it.

I'm looking forward to both Wonder Woman and Batgirl.

Geoff Johns is one of my favorite writers. And he's writing one and helped plot the other with Hughes. I'm looking forward to Hughes writing also.

Plus J.G.Jones rocks.

Too bad its keeping WildC.A.T.S. from ever shipping again. Or was that Morrison? I can't remember at this point.

Has the new Wildcats been cancelled already??!?!?

All Star Wonder Woman - Not gonna' read it. WW bores me.

I can't stand Wonder Woman either; but I honestly can't wait for this to come out. It's going to be so good. Adam's Wonder Woman will definatley not bore you.

I can't stand Wonder Woman either; but I honestly can't wait for this to come out. It's going to be so good. Adam's Wonder Woman will definatley not bore you.

Hm. I don't know. Every time I read Wonder Woman, I'm bored to tears. I'll check out the first issue. But if it's not satisfactory, so help me, Bassim, you'll be up to your ears in Comicbots.

That's the way I see it; one of the points of the All-Star line is to make these boring characters good for a minute. I couldn't care less about WW, but I am excited to read this. Batgirl to, for that matter.

Which is not to say I wouldn't rather see an All-Star Flash first.

Hm. I don't know. Every time I read Wonder Woman, I'm bored to tears. I'll check out the first issue. But if it's not satisfactory, so help me, Bassim, you'll be up to your ears in Comicbots.

All I can say is that I went up to Adam and said, "I'm really glad you're doing a comic, but... does it have to be Wonder Woman? I find her unfathomably dull." Adam spent the next 30 minutes explaining to me just how he'd approach her as a character and I'm honestly in love with the character.

You can read his take on her here and Adam himself coments on the second page. (Give or take, it's pretty much what he told me.)

It should be really good - but don't expect it out before summer next year at the earliest.

Last edited:
No, but we've still yet to see issue 2. I think the last date I saw for it was sometime in March...

*sighs* Don't remind me, I've been lookng forward to a new WildCats since the end of vol.3.

Maybe they can get Charest back now that he's not doing anything and is back in America.

I must be one of the only people here who didn't mind ASB+R didn't think it was great but it seems like an alright beginning..just nothing really happened in issue 3 or 4...Unlike everyone here I want miller to do more of these so it's a real story. continuity-wise Frank Miller says it's in his Dark Knight-verse..with everything else batman he's every written.

But All-star superman is better by a degree of infinity.

I think if each writer has a go for 12 issues then have like all-star superman volume 2 as a completely seperate plot...like ultimates, or what they did with some marvel knights series. At the moment there's no reason the 2 all-star titles can't happen in the same universe but i think the point is there's never gonna be any cross-overs these are just like films but comic books..

All-Star Batman & Robin is just a boring set of stories with gratuitous shots of Vicki Vale's ***; Batman in full-on, uninteresting "I'll never save Gotham or myself," a-hole mode; over-rated Jim Lee art and a bogus story.

All-Star Superman is pretty much everything anyone didn't like Superman condensed into one crappy story.

Last edited:
All-Star Batman & Robin is just a boring set of stories with gratuitous shots of Vicki Vale's ***; Batman in full-on, uninteresting "I'll never save Gotham or myself," a-hole mode; over-rated Jim Lee art and a bogus story.

All-Star Superman is pretty much everything anyone didn't like Superman condensed into one crappy story.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this guy

For realz

I know it's not finished but so far I think it's probably the 2nd best superman story I've read, after Whatever happened to the man of Tommorow.

I will admit not to have reading that much superman, so go ahead recommend me a superman story you think is better, I'll give it a try.

While I agree with your assessment of All Star Batman and Robin, All Star Superman is one of the best Superman comics I've ever read.

Latest posts

Back