DC's All-Star line

I know it's not finished but so far I think it's probably the 2nd best superman story I've read, after Whatever happened to the man of Tommorow.

I will admit not to have reading that much superman, so go ahead recommend me a superman story you think is better, I'll give it a try.

You've pretty much hit the cream of the crop. Anything else is more of a DCU story with Superman.

I know it's not finished but so far I think it's probably the 2nd best superman story I've read, after Whatever happened to the man of Tommorow.

It is already *THE* best Superman story I've ever read an one of the better comic stories I've ever read.

And I don't even like Superman.

It is already *THE* best Superman story I've ever read an one of the better comic stories I've ever read.

And I don't even like Superman.

I love Superman. He's one of my favorite Characters in comics, so naturally, this is one of my favourite comics available today. All Star Batman and Robin...not so much, though.

Grant Morrison melds together the best elements of Silver and Modern age story telling in this book; it's a fantastic read. Frank Miller makes Robin eat rats.

I love Superman. He's one of my favorite Characters in comics, so naturally, this is one of my favourite comics available today. All Star Batman and Robin...not so much, though.

On Saturday a friend asked me if Batman has ever gone insane. I told him about ASBARTBW.

I've read both All-Star Batman and Robin, and All-Star Superman. ASB&R was boring, with barely any plot development and non-sensical dialogue. A-SS was fun, interesting, and actually got me interested in Superman, a character I'd always before found boring and one-dimensional. Morrison knows his ****, no question. Miller knows how to produce ****, also no question. I was never a fan of the guy (Sin City, his Batman stuff, etc), just could never get into his over the top, gritty, noir-ish style. 300 was probably his best work in my opinion. The rest...eh.

Last edited:
Anyone get the AS Batman...I never thought I'd see the day where frank miller writes Plastic man...and as a Justice league founder no less. Also I quite like the bad*** wonder woman, lee gave her a slightly different crown/tiara thing that goes down on her nose like a roman helmet. There's quite a bit of ridiculous going on staging the justice league's first meeting in some industrial basement sewer piped dank room. Like Miller was saying "ok I AM using plastic man..but I'm still really dark....remember I made robin eat rats..now look at wonder woman, she's a real *****!"

I love batman's "I love being the goddamn batman" and laughing maniacally as he jumps the rapists...yeah compound fracture that's gonna be with you for life.

I wonder if this version of batman has a problem with killing.

I love the goddamn Batman.
This book is great fun and WW is more mainly then any hero in the DCU.

except the goddamn Batman... and Alfred, he is not a hero, but he kicks some major ***.

You know, this issue kind of turned me on the series, as an Elseworlds. It was okay, and Lee's art is probably the best I've seen him do.

I enjoy both of these series' wholeheartedly.

All-Star Superman gets good reviews across the board. It's a good read. You don't have to pay much attention to anything that's ever been done in a Superman series before, and it's colorful and a little bit light-hearted, which is perfect for the character, which is why it works for me.

A lot of people seem to hate All-Star Batman (ARTBW) but that's usually how it goes with Frank Miller. You've got people who love his work or hate it, that's one of the reasons Frank's always been a success in the business. Everyone has an opinion on his work, and controversy sells. Personally I love the more psychopathic elements of Batman and this is great storytelling. In the past I've been let down by the dichotomy in the character, but this is a man embracing his demon and loving every minute of what he gets to do when he's wearing the Batsuit. I don't have a problem with Robin eating rats or getting treated like crap, either. I'd rather have a Robin who learns how to take pain and surivive through really messed up situations than the comic relief/happy-go-lucky teenage sidekick. All Frank needs to do now is have Bruce beat Robin like a sunday morning boner and voila! Best Robin ever!

I'm not a purist. There are times when characters need to be redone. Every single one of them... and I like what Miller and Morrison are doing with both titles. Plus, the art is good. Quitely and Lee are aces.

Latest posts

Back