Dead Rising.

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
searched for it on here. Was surprised to see no topics.

What is it?
Dead Rising follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance photojournalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to a small suburban town only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. He escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of undead, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping center, utilizing anything they find to fight off the flesh-hungry mob and search for the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. The variety of different stores in the mall offers players an endless supply of resources including vehicles, makeshift weapons and more. Players will also encounter other survivors along the way and by helping them can acquire valuable clues as to what has happened.

Screenshots
http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748396/imgs_1.html

Made by capcom but DO NOT think capcom + zombies oh it must be resident evil. This plays nothing like it. it is surprisingly a unique game.
O
I downloaded the demo on live last night. HOLY COW it was amazing. The gameplay consisted of trying to survive a day at mall filled with zombies. You start off with shotgun , a grim reaper type blade thing (dont know name lol) and a sledge hamer.

You kill the zombies you can actually pick up body parts of the ones you killed and use them as a weapon!!!! My personal fave thing to do is pick up a pie and throw it zombie's face lol it sticks to it and he can't see. take a photo and it counts as "Outtake"

picture classes from what i saw

nice-not too bloody
horror-bloody or close up of zombies
horific-just as zombie attacks you when it looks angry
Outtakes-funny pics like pie in a face
erotic- Did not try to get this lol but if you take certin pics of female zombies it counts as erotic i got it by mistake lol

Weapons to kill them
too many to liust but here are some
shotgun
grim reaper thing
sledge hammer
frying pan
pie
french stick bread
shoping cart
kids lazer sword toy

all in all i am very hyped up about this as it seems like a great game.

I've been waiting for a game like this for years. Dawn of the Dead(78 ) is one of my favorite movies, and killing Zombies brutally is one of my oldest dreams.

Unfourtunatly, I do not own, or want to own, an Xbox360. I guess I'll have to wait for the eventual PC version:D.

Last edited:
Sacred&Profane said:
I've been waiting for a game like this for years. Dawn of the Dead(78 ) is one of my favorite movies, and killing Zombies brutally is one of my oldest dreams.

Unfourtunatly, I do not own, or want to own, an Xbox360. I guess I'll have to wait for the eventual PC version:D.

You should get a 360 dude there is ALOT to offer at the moment it is the best games console around.

sjmole said:
You should get a 360 dude there is ALOT to offer at the moment it is the best games console around.

There isn't anything, other than Dead Rising, that I couldn't play on my PC.
Did you enjoy the demo to Dead Rising?

i bought a 360 with 2 games in mind. one was oblivion, the other was this

Sacred&Profane said:
There isn't anything, other than Dead Rising, that I couldn't play on my PC.
Did you enjoy the demo to Dead Rising?

Yes i love the demo. I've actually been playing the demo more than my actual games LOL

JonnyFreeze said:
i bought a 360 with 2 games in mind. one was oblivion, the other was this

both great dudes oblivion kicks ***. I love that game. Did you become a vampire on it?

I wanna play this game so badly! However, I have about $100 to spend, but 'Marvel: Ultimate Alliance' & 'Mortal Kombat: Armageddon' come out in October... and the XsuX360+Dead Rising will go for about, what? $650? I have a very easy, though sad, choice to make.

This is the only 360 game that I really, really, really want. It's the only reason why I'm eventually going to start saving for one.

Yeah this is a pretty good game but it is pretty difficult. I can't believe with all the great graphics that the lip movements suck so much.

sjmole said:
Yes i love the demo. I've actually been playing the demo more than my actual games LOL

both great dudes oblivion kicks ***. I love that game. Did you become a vampire on it?

no not yet, its super easy to on this one though. i did on morrowind
im trying to make this game last a helluva long time by only playing it on sundays for a couple of hours

I used some hedge shears to chop their limbs off, then stuffed one of their hands in another's mouth.

It was pretty hot.

seen the megaman suit yet?

if not go on youtube look for megaman dead rising lol it has a cannon and all looks cool. i want that suit when i get game

don't have the game yet but i played the demo.

The sword is freaking sweet. Has anyone else found it?

the-m-11 said:
don't have the game yet but i played the demo.

The sword is freaking sweet. Has anyone else found it?

yup.

I just wished it last longer

the submachine gun is pretty fun to use but it takes only a few seconds to use up. Or maybe I just use it so quickly because I love owning the zombies.

wish there was a chainsaw in the demo.:cry:

I found the game to be quite boring. It was like playing Dynasty Warriors............only with more weapon options.

It was meh......

Just another reason for me to not buy a 360.

Latest posts

Back