Dead Space 2

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Some news on the game here.

And about the new aliens:

The gameplay still revolves around the concept of strategic dismemberment and the flexibility to kill enemies in a number of distinct ways. The new enemies offer new ways to kill (and be killed) as well. The Stalker is a timid monster that won't confront you one-on-one, but will slowly try and get around behind you with a flanking maneuver. The Crawler, on the other hand, will charge you head-on and detonate near you, causing quite a mess. The Pack is another enemy that likes to charge you too, but they do it in a group, surrounding you with a bunch of small but fast-moving humanoids that look like a gang of zombie kids. Helpful here is the new Javelin weapon's area effect, which shoots an electrically-charged bolt that can spread its electro-shock across a wider area if shot in a group. Finally, there's the Cyst, which is more of a non-sentient hazard that looks like an organic mine. Of course, avoiding the Cyst is key, but with your advanced kinetic abilities and improvisational skills, you can easily turn it against other enemies.

This is going to be so much fun.

Some news on the game here.

And about the new aliens:

The gameplay still revolves around the concept of strategic dismemberment and the flexibility to kill enemies in a number of distinct ways. The new enemies offer new ways to kill (and be killed) as well. The Stalker is a timid monster that won't confront you one-on-one, but will slowly try and get around behind you with a flanking maneuver. The Crawler, on the other hand, will charge you head-on and detonate near you, causing quite a mess. The Pack is another enemy that likes to charge you too, but they do it in a group, surrounding you with a bunch of small but fast-moving humanoids that look like a gang of zombie kids. Helpful here is the new Javelin weapon's area effect, which shoots an electrically-charged bolt that can spread its electro-shock across a wider area if shot in a group. Finally, there's the Cyst, which is more of a non-sentient hazard that looks like an organic mine. Of course, avoiding the Cyst is key, but with your advanced kinetic abilities and improvisational skills, you can easily turn it against other enemies.

This is going to be so much fun.

all of that sounds so awesome. as long as they stick with the same creepy as hell atmosphere from the first count me in.

all of that sounds so awesome. as long as they stick with the same creepy as hell atmosphere from the first count me in.
It's going to be better. This time, you'll start on a ship that's fine and throughout the game's progress it'll start turning how the Ishimura was.

Dead Space Team Has Planned "Plenty of Games"

Visceral Games, the people behind creepy-as-crap sci-fi horror game Dead Space have vowed not to cheapen Dead Space, but say they've mapped out "plenty" of games in that universe. The focus is on quality, not quantity, so don't look for an iPod Dead App or Dead Space: Kart Racing Challenge any time soon, unless they are awesome.

Game was released last Tuesday. Anyone pick it up yet? I just ordered the Collector's Edition for PS3 just now and will be arriving Tuesday. Super excited!!! Watching a friend play some of the first game got me back into horror playing mode.

Also can't wait to get my very own Plasma Cutter!

tumblr_lfsso79MRs1qasnlao1_500.png

Game was released last Tuesday. Anyone pick it up yet? I just ordered the Collector's Edition for PS3 just now and will be arriving Tuesday. Super excited!!! Watching a friend play some of the first game got me back into horror playing mode.

Also can't wait to get my very own Plasma Cutter!

I got the Collector's Edition, I'm about 5 and half hours in. Definitely one of my favorite games, there's a sense of the original Silent Hills to this one. Though, when you're on the concourse on the Sprawl, it has moments of kinda looking like Bioshock.

Just finished beating the game now. Incredible. Dead Space series is the best survival horror games, IMO. Soon, after playing through Extraction, I'll come back to replay 2 on the harder difficulty and try to get the rest of the trophies I missed. Ended up with 53% of the trophies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back