Deathstrike/Fenris connection idea

Goodwill

I came up with a pretty good idea as to how Vaughan could leave out Wolverine and make it extremely interesting... Have the Fenris twins foot the bill for an operation that will turn Yuri into Deathstrike! It would be interesting and would elaborate, not only Yuri, but the Fenris corporation and how big there umbrella of influence really is.

Goodwill said:
I came up with a pretty good idea as to how Vaughan could leave out Wolverine and make it extremely interesting... Have the Fenris twins foot the bill for an operation that will turn Yuri into Deathstrike! It would be interesting and would elaborate, not only Yuri, but the Fenris corporation and how big there umbrella of influence really is.

That's a damn good idea.

Well, thank you... I don't know, I would give you a story of how I came up with it, but it just kinda came to me. ;)

Anyway, I just thought that they were into all that surgical stuff aswell seeing as how they were going to perform surgery on Rogue's epidermis to regulate her powers better... Maybe, just maybe, they could be in competition with Weapon X (Or something, we've got to figure out a way to discount the simularity between Wolverine and Deathstrike) and create her out of spite, but who really knows?

My problem is why? I know it could easily be because she has a healing factor but that seems like a movie based cop out to me.

Why go to the effort of convincing a medium deal car thief (she's running people off her turf instead of having her people do it for her, but she's got turf) that "your life would be better as long as you let us stick you full of metal" when there are heaps of mutants, many with destructive or dangerous powers already in place, that they could have used easier.

Goodwill said:
It's not so much convincing her when you're saving her life in the process... That's how I was looking at it.
Where does this saving her life come from? You don't say anything about it in the original post?

Well, I was taking the fact that she got dozed by a flat-bed into heart because, if it were any normal person, should would die. I assumed, in the beginning, that she was this normal person and the Fenris corporation took her under their wing to create a monster compreble to that of Weapon X's Wolverine.

Ok, two questions

1. What is
dozed by a flat-bed into heart
I just want to know what you mean. I'm assuming your referring to some big injury but...

2. When did this happen? It wasn't in any preview I've seen and unless I'm going crazy the issue is not out yet.

Goodwill said:
Yuriko was plowed by a truck in the previews, that's what I'm talking about...
I dug out the preview at buzzscope of your right, she is hit by a truck. I was sure I hadn't seen past the fourth page or so before.

It does look like she'll be given a healing factor, otherwise Fenris couldn't really have been aware of her in time to have gotten there to save her after the accident. She would have had to survive the crash but overloaded her healing factor or something. I'm still not entrely sure this will have connections to Fenris rather than Weapon X or even just Deathstryke on her own, but I'm not nay-saying the idea.

Yeah, well, keep in mind MwoF and I were interested in keeping Deathstrike away from Wolverine this time around, so I came up with this idea... It could totally work with Vaughan behind the wheel, I'm telling you. :)

I just don't see a need to tie her in with Logan. It's really all I ask of this arc and this ultimization. I don't see anyways of her being a cyborg. She could be a mutant... I just don't know how she's going to get the claws and get up after being hit by the truck.

The only thing that would be weird about having Fenris be behind her modification is that Fenris want mutants that they can use. They wanted gambit because he stole things for them. They wanted rogue so that she could steal information for them. Why would they want yuri? The only thing that she could be used for is assassinations and that doesn't seem like the most useful tool of industrial espionage.

Latest posts

Back