Detective Comics 821-? discussion (Dini/Williams) [spoilers]

Dr. Phosphorous. My problem was, there wasn't much detective workr. Plus, the dialogue was just crap.

Also, Batman beat the dude with baking soda. BAKING SODA! They didn't need Batman for that job. They could have just brought in Mr. Wizard.

It remind me of the old Adam West Batman... The way he defeated Phosphourous. I liked it. Detective and Batman are awesome. Detective more then Batman, I'm waiting to see Morrison again, Ihope he kick some *** this time.

Just read #827.

I'm not familiar with the Ventriloquist but that didn't make this any less enjoyable.

Is this a reinvention of Mr. Scarface? Does he have some kind of weird mind control powers? Or is the chick just crazy?

Just read #827.

I'm not familiar with the Ventriloquist but that didn't make this any less enjoyable.

Is this a reinvention of Mr. Scarface? Does he have some kind of weird mind control powers? Or is the chick just crazy?

She's ****ing crazy. The Ventriloquist is probably my favorite Bat-Villian because he's just a crazy guy who acts out his fantasies with a puppet, but everyone around him is too scared to do anything to stop him. Its can be played in any Bat-setting, from camp to grim n gritty to the current well rounded looks.

Dini did a great run of episodes in the animated series with the character where he legitimately tried to reform and put all of that behind him. Unfortunately his old gang felt he was too good at what he did to let him and purposely drove him mad again.

I really liked this issue. Sugar was an interesting change and I can't wait to see what Dini does with her.

More Riddler next issue. :twisted:

Are we expecting Riddler or Penguin (or both) to just be putting on an act?

I dunno, I missed the Penguin issue. For the Riddler, I don't think so. At least not totally. I think he just sees this as a legal way to make easy money off his intelligence and reputation.

#829:

detective829.jpg

'Nuff Said.

Latest posts

Back