Disney Infinity

I really hope version 3.0 is Star Wars.

I really hope version 3.0 is Star Wars.
I'm willing to bet it will be. It will tie in with the new releases. I think they could have 3 games, one of the original trilogy, one with episode1-3,then the new movies. They could even do The Clone Worlds or Rebels cartoons.

I'm afraid they will do that instead of just making something a little more consumer-friendly. Splitting it up like that is just mean.

It's all marketing. I was disappointed with the latest Skylanders making you buy even more than the last 3.

Target had a sale on individual figures - $10. We picked up Hulk.

This really is a great game. They just released an iOS app for Toy Box where you can use the codes that come with each figure and use them in the app. Unfortunately the experience points and levels and all that doesn't carry over, but it's still pretty cool.

I'm impressed with the size of the play sets. We've played the Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers sets pretty extensively and still haven't reached the end of either.

Recently a toy manufacturer in China released box art for Disney Infinity Disney Originals for Infinity 3.0. It looks like we'll be getting Olaf (from Frozen), CLassic Mickey Mouse, Classic Minnie Mouse, All 5 emotions from the upcoming movie, Inside Out, Mulan, and actual figure versions of the two Tron characters exclusive to the PC version of 2.0.

I am seriously annoyed that they are giving us ALL of the Inside Out characters, but they couldn't release the whole Big Hero 6 team. Hiro and Baymax are fun, anyway.

Source

I was so sure version 3 would be Star Wars. Disappointing.

It will be Star Wars, the same way 2.0 was Marvel. It still had "Disney Originals" released. I expect an official announcement tomorrow.

Does anyone know what is going on with the content in the different versions of Infinity 3.0? It looks like the launch version will basically be prequel stuff and the original trilogy levels are going to be a separate release later...but do they expect people to buy both to get all of the levels? DLC?

Does anyone know what is going on with the content in the different versions of Infinity 3.0? It looks like the launch version will basically be prequel stuff and the original trilogy levels are going to be a separate release later...but do they expect people to buy both to get all of the levels? DLC?
It will be the same as Marvel last year. The starter pack will have Anakin and Ahsoka and will be prequel based. You then have to buy the other play set separately called Rise Against The Empire. It will feature Luke and Leia. It will be available the same day as the release of the main game as well as other separate figures. Soon a Force Awakens set will be released and will feature Finn and Rey. Also not sure when it will be available but 3 other play sets. Inside Out and Marvel Battlegrounds. And one that sounds kind of cool is called Toy Box Takeover, which lets you play all your characters from 1,2,and 3. But yes they expect you to buy it separately. If you have a PS 3 or 4 there is a bundle pack that has the 2 available Star Wars sets plus a Bobba Fett character.

Alright, thanks. Something I read made it sound like the games were separate so I wasn't sure.

We got this the day it came out and I've been playing it pretty regularly. It's pretty great. I've already finished Twilight Of The Republic with help from my kids, and just need to go back and improve on some of the missions.

So far I think Kanan is my favorite character to use. I like the combination of light saber and blaster.

With the holiday season coming up, how do you think the new Legos Dimensions will compare to the already existing Infinity and Sky Landers franchises?

With the holiday season coming up, how do you think the new Legos Dimensions will compare to the already existing Infinity and Sky Landers franchises?
I'm still not clear on whether or not Dimensions addresses my biggest gripe about the Infinity games - the inability to combine character sets. It would be pretty cool to be able to use Groot in the Star Wars play sets, for example. But you can only do stuff like that in the Toy Box, which I really don't care anything about.Dimensions is also a lot more expensive than Infinity, so I can't imagine that would help. But that's par for the course with Lego.I haven't been monitoring it or anything but it really doesn't seem like there is much buzz around Dimensions.I don't really know anything about Skylanders. My son had one of the games but after he beat it he completely lost interest.

I'm still not clear on whether or not Dimensions addresses my biggest gripe about the Infinity games - the inability to combine character sets. It would be pretty cool to be able to use Groot in the Star Wars play sets, for example. But you can only do stuff like that in the Toy Box, which I really don't care anything about.Dimensions is also a lot more expensive than Infinity, so I can't imagine that would help. But that's par for the course with Lego.I haven't been monitoring it or anything but it really doesn't seem like there is much buzz around Dimensions.I don't really know anything about Skylanders. My son had one of the games but after he beat it he completely lost interest.

Dimensions is better

[video=youtube;o5zzndGoM3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zzndGoM3U[/video]

Last edited:
I don't doubt that.But until they have Star Wars and Marvel we'll probably be sticking with Infinity.

I wish they did too. but they have Dcomics , simpsons , Backto the future , scooby doo , ghostbusters and more that its worth it for them :)

We just picked up the Force Awakens playset as well as Kylo Ren and Darth Vader figures. Haven't had a chance to try them out though.

Latest posts

Back