Disney/Pixar confirm "Toy Story 3"!

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2007-02-09/

Disney To Release 'Toy Story 3' in 2009

John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Disney Animation, has apparently dropped his opposition to a second Toy Story sequel, confirming Thursday that Toy Story 3 is currently being developed for release in 2009. He said it will be directed by Lee Unkrich, co-director of Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo. One of Lasseter's first acts following the Disney-Pixar merger last year was to scrap Disney's separate plans for sequels to Pixar's hits. In an interview with Fortune, he said at the time, "I loved these characters that we have created. They're like family, like children. And if we didn't get a deal, Disney would own our children. Who knew what they would do? These were the people that put out Cinderella II." On Thursday, Lasseter remarked, "The greatest thing about the merger of the two companies is that the creators of Toy Story 1 and 2 can make 3 with the story that we wanted."

Disney and Pixar have made up.;)

THE TOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!!!!!
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

This is cool. I'll admit toy story 1+2 is one of the few disney films i liked

I don't give a flying **** about Pixar and Disney reuniting. If Tom Hanks and Tim Allen along with everyone else aren't back, this shouldn't be made.
Well, I don't know if you know, but the man who voiced the piggy bank, (who's done a lot of voice work for Disney/Pixar) died last year.

Well, I don't know if you know, but the man who voiced the piggy bank, (who's done a lot of voice work for Disney/Pixar) died last year.

He didn't dude the piggy bank ham was voiced by John Ratzenberger aka cliff from cheers he's still alive

He didn't dude the piggy bank ham was voiced by John Ratzenberger aka cliff from cheers he's still alive
Hmm...

I must've gotten it confused. Sorry. I remember at the end of Cars they showed the guy who had passed away who's worked for many Disney/Pixar films. I just checked and he did the Binoculars. They must've showed a shot with the Piggy bank, and that's all I had remembered.

Oh God yes! Pixar movies are always good and I don't want to see them leave Disney (and thus possibly take a huge risk) since most kids' movies these days are so unbearably bad. Gonna see this when it comes out in theatres for sure, despite my age at that time (17).

The funny part being was that I was thinking about this series yesterday. :D

These were the people that put out Cinderella II.
XD Stupid made-for-DVD Disney sequels which are almost always crap.

Last edited:
The guy who's writing the script has only one other writing credit: the script for Little Miss Sunshine. :rockon:

Speaking of Jim Varney, I just watched Bart Carny this morning.

I miss him. But not Ernest.

I don't give a flying **** about Pixar and Disney reuniting. If Tom Hanks and Tim Allen along with everyone else aren't back, this shouldn't be made.

I agree. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen both need to be back or this will be crap.

But, to be honest, I don't see why they wouldn't. Especially Tim Allen, since he's always working with Disney nowadays.

I agree. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen both need to be back or this will be crap.

But, to be honest, I don't see why they wouldn't. Especially Tim Allen, since he's always working with Disney nowadays.

It's such easy money. They can roll out of bed, go to the studio for a few hours, and make millions for it.

I don't usually trust second sequels to be good, but I have faith that it'll be solid, if not great. Pixar has yet to let me down. They consistantly make movies that have great stories, which is hard to find in animation.

Oh God yes! Pixar movies are always good and I don't want to see them leave Disney (and thus possibly take a huge risk) since most kids' movies these days are so unbearably bad. Gonna see this when it comes out in theatres for sure, despite my age at that time (17).
You are braver than I. I have not payed to see a Pixar movie in years. I think it would be a little embarassing to go to the theater or the video store. I usually catch them while hanging out with one of my little cousins.
The guy who's writing the script has only one other writing credit: the script for Little Miss Sunshine. :rockon:
That's awesome.
he died? aww man that's put a damper on my whole day

EDIT: i just read MWOF's edit
OMG OH NOES CLIFF IS DEAD!!!!!!!!??????????

EDIT: Never mind.

Latest posts

Back