Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4 billion+

Captain Canuck said:
He looks terrible, though. They're going to need industrial lights...and magic.

I see what you did there, and it is beautiful.

Zombipanda said:
You guys know what this means, right?

Disney owns Marvel

and LucasFilm

Come on now

Just think a little harder

HOWARD THE DUCK SEQUEL!!!!

I'm down. There's nothing like implied anthropomorphic duck on Lea Thompson action.

Last edited:
It's weird to me that the same guy directing Star Trek is directing Star Wars.

It's not weird to me. One of my complaints of STAR TREK is that is a rip-off of STAR WARS. Looking back, the whole thing looks like a demo reel pitch for the job. (I know it wasn't. I just wanted a STAR TREK franchise not two STAR WARSes.)

What's Star Wars?

I thought that said "Who's Star Wars?"

Last edited:
You guys know what this means, right?

Disney owns Marvel

and LucasFilm

Come on now

Just think a little harder

HOWARD THE DUCK SEQUEL!!!!
I should ban you right now forever. Even through future lifetimes and through alternate dimensions, realities, universes, solar systems, EVERYTHING!

The title of episode seven has been leaked...

tumblr_mjmh165jpo1qasnlao1_500.png

Last edited:
George Takei just posted this on his facebook page:

483437_636751713020952_2032673316_n.jpg

Friends, I am thrilled to announce that I'll be starring in the Star Wars reboot directed by JJ Abrams. I'll be playing Master Ceti Maru, a member of the Jedi High Council. The new film, entitled "Star Wars: Galactic Empire," is greenlit and will begin filming sometime early next year. It is truly a moment for The Star Alliance. Thanks to all my fans for their decades of support.

What day is it again?

Ok... First of. DISNEY. BOUGHT. LUCAS. FILMS. FOR $4, 000,000DISNEY, the company known for its cutsy and enchanted characters, settings, and plots. Bought. The rights for the Star Wars and Indiana Jones film franchises from George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars saga and possibly one of my favorite science fiction film series of all time.... For only $4, 000, 000?!?! WHAT?!

The rights to Star Wars and Indiana Jones must be more than only FOUR MILLION DOLLARS!!!! MAYBE EVEN TWENTY BILLION DOLLARS!!!

It was $4 billion, as it says in the title.

It was $4 billion, as it says in the title.

Yeah, it does clearly say 4 billion.

Also, this happened awhile ago. They've since announced that Disney is going to do Star Wars Episodes 7, 8, and 9, bringing back Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher (though they'll probably have small parts) and the films will focus on the children of Han and Leia, as well as Luke's kids. Essentially it's Star Wars - The Next Generation.

There will also be a series of Star Wars films that'll be focused on solo characters, ideas that've been thrown around include a Boba Fett, Yoda, Obi Wan, etc films.

Yeah... Sorry for not saying the correct cost. I can't remember something unless I can see it when I'm copying it.

Latest posts

Back