Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4 billion+

Mark Hamill interview via IGN:

According to a recent interview with Lucas biographer Dale Pollock, the original outlines for Episodes VII, VIII and IX called for an older Luke Skywalker.

Also some interesting info about the Lucas/Hamill/Fisher meeting from this summer.

Harrison Ford and Matthew Vaughn expressing interest in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

'Star Wars' sequel: Harrison Ford open to idea of Han Solo role

Harrison Ford is open to the idea of bringing Han Solo back to life on the silver screen in 2015, according to sources close to the just-announced Star Wars sequel, but don't be surprised if his contract includes a mandatory death scene for the sly old space smuggler.
"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are," said one highly placed source, referring to Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher, the trio that made a hyper-speed jump to global fame on May 25, 1977, the opening night for George Lucas's original Star Wars film.

Several other sites are reporting that Vaughan turned down the X-Men movie because he's in line for Episode VII.

Via Bleeding Cool, today.

I've tried to make it clear, but I'll underline it again: Matthew Vaughn didn't leave X-Men: Days of Future Past to direct a new Star Wars film. If you want to see him direct Mark Hamill, you need to keep your eyes on The Secret Service, the upcoming spy movie based on the comic he co-created with Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.

I am utterly convinced that this is the truth. Everything I know points precisely to this. Everything I have read, everything I have blogged about, and everything going on behind the scenes.

And now, Mark Millar is saying basically the same thing… but why not just leave The Secret Service until after X-Men? Why did Vaughn have to choose, and not do both?

Millar was speaking to CBR. He said:

We thought Matthew was going to do X-Men first, but we found out there were actually a few imitators of Secret Service in the works.

People are always trying to rip you off. Somebody will start to work on a spec screenplay about your idea. There are three other projects I know of now about a James Bond kind of guy taking a street kid and turning him into a spy. Three screenplays were already going through Hollywood about this! So Matthew and I said, "**** this. We're not letting anyone steal our ideas."

Also: Star Wars Report: Lucas Met With Director Colin Trevorrow About Directing Episode Seven

According to the report, Trevorrow met with Lucas himself several months ago to talk about the Star Wars directing job. Kathleen Kennedy, who Lucas has himself implied will actually choose the Episode 7 director, isn't mentioned in the report at all. I guess she's just not razzle-dazzle marquee stuff.

He did a film titled Safety Not Guaranteed. I haven't seen it nor heard of it.

So with Disney buying Star Wars and all the rumors surrounding them aqquirng Hasbro I need to say this:

If we don't get a massive TV series mixing the following properties I will burn... something down. I'll come back to the threat.

Star Wars
The Muppets
Darkwing Duck (and by extension the Ducktales universe)
Transformers
Indiana Jones
G I Joe

MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Give me the League of Extraordinary Corporate Icons!

Big news, Luke, Leia, and Han have been recast.

tumblr_md5qc31DFS1qzzqhlo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Captain Canuck said:
As Emperor Palpatine? (Seriously, have you seen him recently?)

Eh, while the storyline of Ep VII hasn't been revealed, it's a pretty safe bet it'll be about Han and Leia's kids, and Luke's. He even mentioned in that interview that it's likely he'll have more of an Obi-Wan like role in it. Plus make-up and lighting can work wonders.

You guys know what this means, right?

Disney owns Marvel

and LucasFilm

Come on now

Just think a little harder

HOWARD THE DUCK SEQUEL!!!!

Latest posts

Back