DistrictX

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
So I got the first trade today.

I love this book it's so noir, it's awesome. I'd like a little background on Bishop if someone would care to tell me what his deal is. Well I'm not much of a discussion starter just a contributor so I started this thread just so it exists. Let's talk about it.

By the way I know I pulled for a Daredevil Forum and we wouldn't have that but can we at least get a "Marvel Knights" forum? It'd be cool.

No Marvel Knights forum is needed. It's fine in the General Comics discussion forum.

But as for Bishop-

He's from the future. 70 years into the future. He came back in time with two of his X.S.E. teammates, following a suspect. The suspect of course a mutant, had the powers to create time portals, but they only worked one way. If you tried to go back through it, you'd be screwed. So something happened to the suspect (Fitzroy-for those who remember) and Bishop was stuck in the past. His teammates killed, and he soon joined the X-Men, by Xaviers request.

BUT!

Bishop wasn't always nice. At first, he was kinda mean, and a bit of a hot head. He's cooled down since then.

icemastertron said:
No Marvel Knights forum is needed. It's fine in the General Comics discussion forum.

But as for Bishop-

He's from the future. 70 years into the future. He came back in time with two of his X.S.E. teammates, following a suspect. The suspect of course a mutant, had the powers to create time portals, but they only worked one way. If you tried to go back through it, you'd be screwed. So something happened to the suspect (Fitzroy-for those who remember) and Bishop was stuck in the past. His teammates killed, and he soon joined the X-Men, by Xaviers request.

BUT!

Bishop wasn't always nice. At first, he was kinda mean, and a bit of a hot head. He's cooled down since then.

I'd like to see them take away the X-Men Forum and see how homeless you would feel...

Anyway, It looks like this Bishop is a totally different character than the guy on the tv show I saw. Did they just give him a complete makeover? I like him here though, he's pretty cool.

MwoF - did you like the ending? The arc was so creative and brilliant, I liked it a lot. But the last part was very lackluster, and the second arc has been less than exciting...

Overall it's good, but it has gotten less good...

Did anyone read the short story in UNLIMITED X-MEN where the first District X story was really told? It was pretty cool, and the art, awesome.

UltimateE said:
MwoF - did you like the ending? The arc was so creative and brilliant, I liked it a lot. But the last part was very lackluster, and the second arc has been less than exciting...

Overall it's good, but it has gotten less good...

Yeah, I didn't like the "illusionist" ending. It seemed like a quick copout... I did like how Mr. M went all Cable and was like to purify we must start anew and all that junk I liked that... but then they did the predictable... but overall I did think it was good. Do you think I should continue with it?

Ice, could you let us in on the details of that first story. I think the whole Idea of "District X" is a very good one.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, I didn't like the "illusionist" ending. It seemed like a quick copout... I did like how Mr. M went all Cable and was like to purify we must start anew and all that junk I liked that... but then they did the predictable... but overall I did think it was good. Do you think I should continue with it?

I can't honestly say that I'd recommend the second arc. In fact, I have had the latest issue for a week and haven't read it, because it's so low on my list right now.

But I am keeping on with it; sometimes books have flat arcs. Like I said it's not terrible. The first one was good enough to give me faith that it will pick back up.

UltimateE said:
I can't honestly say that I'd recommend the second arc. In fact, I have had the latest issue for a week and haven't read it, because it's so low on my list right now.

But I am keeping on with it; sometimes books have flat arcs. Like I said it's not terrible. The first one was good enough to give me faith that it will pick back up.

That's not to good for the title, E. I guess the way I see it is if the idea and concept are good then it's ok in my book. Like you said it'll have some flat arcs and when it does get good, I'm not saying it will be amazing, but it'll be different enough to make you say, "yeah, that's pretty cool" and that's really what comics are all about to me. Besides I like what they've done to Bishop, I like Ismael, I like the setting of the story. So I'll stay on this and check out the next arc.

Yeah maybe I didn't make my point very well. I wouldn't tell someone to dro pthe book because of this arc - I'M not dropping it. But if someone asked me "should I get this" I don't think I'd encourage them.

I meant the 2nd trade. I would recommend the first.

Right. I wish it was though.

The first arc was cool, I like the whole mob thing, the buildup so many different views, the toad juice on humans, M, the cop guy , Bishop, shooting the kid, which proves "don't leave loaded guns at home"
Grade: A

The 2nd arc.....so far it only has two views, "the worm" and "the cop" and it's a lot more talking. The first one had lots of cool pics fancy artwork. this one all i've seen is the paintings done by the painter, im not even looking towards the next issue.
Grade: C-

nigma said:
The first arc was cool, I like the whole mob thing, the buildup so many different views, the toad juice on humans, M, the cop guy , Bishop, shooting the kid, which proves "don't leave loaded guns at home"
Grade: A

The 2nd arc.....so far it only has two views, "the worm" and "the cop" and it's a lot more talking. The first one had lots of cool pics fancy artwork. this one all i've seen is the paintings done by the painter, im not even looking towards the next issue.
Grade: C-

Agreed on all counts.

Latest posts

Back