DMZ [Vertigo]

nigma said:
what would you say is the best story in the TBP there, VVD?

Probably either the 2nd or 3rd issue. In the #2 Matty really sees what the world is like over there and we see him grow up fast. #3 we see him come into his own as he starts adapting to life in the warzone.

Those 2 issues really pushed the story forward and had the most character development.

there was a mix up in my order and i didn't get DMZ....someone is going to pay........pay with there left piny toe.

DMZ (potential spoilers)

Who on this board reads DMZ?

I thought the new one was OK, not as good as past issues. Although it was interesting to see the whole beginning of the war through Zee's eyes.

Re: DMZ (potential spoilers)

I tried it, but I couldn't get into it.

You really need to learn to search for threads before simply posting them, alot of comics have, or already been disucssed here.

Mods, the original DMZ thread is here, if one of you could merge it, thank you

Under the search, run you scroll over it, a dropdown menu appears, Advanced Search is onthe bottom of this, where you can search by a variety of ways

general rule of thumb, if its a good series i've already made a thread for it ;)

i liked the last issue, but like the Walking Dead, its read better in trade then in single.

Agreed.

The last issue with the Zee one shot was great. This is probably one of the best comics nobody is reading.

tru dat brother, tru dat. another good one i was reading yesterday was one By IDW called CVO: African Blood #1,

CVO, the top-secret CIA covert ops squad of Vampire agents, returns at last! The squad has finally been reinstated as America's first line of supernatural defense. They've been tasked with tracking down the source of magic artifacts used to spread terror, but along the way, Cross must face his past as a member of Delta Force... and the partner he left behind.

i don't like the whole Vampire thing, but the artwork was wonderful cuz it starts out with two soldiers in a war zone in Africa...like i said i didn't like the Vampire thing but the side story with Cross is wonderfully done. if nothing else it deserves a flip through.

tru dat brother, tru dat. another good one i was reading yesterday was one By IDW called CVO: African Blood #1,

CVO, the top-secret CIA covert ops squad of Vampire agents, returns at last! The squad has finally been reinstated as America's first line of supernatural defense. They've been tasked with tracking down the source of magic artifacts used to spread terror, but along the way, Cross must face his past as a member of Delta Force... and the partner he left behind.

i don't like the whole Vampire thing, but the artwork was wonderful cuz it starts out with two soldiers in a war zone in Africa...like i said i didn't like the Vampire thing but the side story with Cross is wonderfully done. if nothing else it deserves a flip through.

Hmmmm......I'll have to look for that on my next trip to the shop.

The latest issue of DMZ was pretty good, I agree with Nigma and VVD.

It was a great way to show how the whole war originated and stalemated, Manhattans situation makes a lot more sense now.

Issue #12 wasn't a story, but a guide to the people and life in DMZ. Although it wasn't a story, I greatly enjoyed reading this issue. Seeing who the people are and what they mean to Matty and life in the DMZ.

And as always a solid 5/5.

Issue11: I like Zee, shes was there when it started and will be there when it ends. if nothing else. it shows you that she UNDERSTANDS how to survive and thats what keeps her going. WONDERFULL.

Issue 12: i didn't even read most of it, i just admired the artwork. The funniest thing was near the end where he shows off the indian menu for food. I just just laughing cuz i knew every dish there.
And i wonder what Brain Wood has planned for Wilson and his grandsons.

mods: can i have spoiler tags added to the title please.

issue 13:

it starts out with a news report going on about how a company called TrustWell gets a contract to do a job in the DMZ. and Mat goes in as a day labor guy to try and get the story to break open a case of how twisted it really is:

flash back 2 weeks:
He gets approached by one of the contacts from one of the other news companies asking if hed do a job, and make it exclusive just for them. so he nails the chick and says yes he'll do the job.

present:
Mat there for about 2 weeks, while working he sees one the guys hes working with out on the docks place a bomb in the dump boats, and when they get back inside he watches one of the guys set it off while hes eating lunch. but Matt keeps his mouth shut, and my doing so he gets 'in' with the group that set off the bomb.

Story: 4/5
Art: 5/5

DMZ should be a videogame.

It would mix elements of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (which was basically GTA in a hyperviolent North Korean setting, casting you as an outsider mercenary) with games like Fatal Frame/Michigan --- emphasizing nonviolent puzzle solving situations.

Just read issue 12, New York Times, which is essentially a guide to the DMZ in magazine-ish form written by Matty Roth.

I have no idea why, but I responded negatively to this issue but it felt like the liberal arts student's 'post-apocalyptic' urban fantasy realized. Instead of dreaming about mutant scorpions and wasteland survivalists, they dream of basement-grown bean sprout gardens and rooftop vegan diners and an arts culture that's become more 'authentic' and less commercial due to the effective isolation of the DMZ from commercial music.

It's probably just a mood thing, I think, since there's nothing in this 'guide' that is completely new to anyone following the series already --- it's a logical exposition of details about the culture we're already familiar with: how the human elements deal with the new New York.

Just read issue 12, New York Times, which is essentially a guide to the DMZ in magazine-ish form written by Matty Roth.

I have no idea why, but I responded negatively to this issue but it felt like the liberal arts student's 'post-apocalyptic' urban fantasy realized. Instead of dreaming about mutant scorpions and wasteland survivalists, they dream of basement-grown bean sprout gardens and rooftop vegan diners and an arts culture that's become more 'authentic' and less commercial due to the effective isolation of the DMZ from commercial music.

It's probably just a mood thing, I think, since there's nothing in this 'guide' that is completely new to anyone following the series already --- it's a logical exposition of details about the culture we're already familiar with: how the human elements deal with the new New York.

that could be, but it also gives a little bit more depth to whats going on in the DMZ world. it shows that these people CAN survive, and arnt what there made out to be, or what he was told they were.

I read the first volume of this last night. It was okay... but I didn't really enjoy it. I'll probably pick up the rest of the volumes just to see what happens but I'm in no hurry to check them out. I came in expecting the next Fables or Y The Last Man... and came out feeling disappointed.

Latest posts

Back